some people did report that their custom sound profiles gets reset in old version of my app, please double check if your custom ringtones are still linked to your contacts. besides that, my app cannot read nor change your sound profiles, thats for sure

let me know.
    I double checked that my custom ring tones are set appropriately and I tested it again just now but the call came in as my regular ring tone ("Assured") yet my custom ring tone is set for ("Classic Phone Remix"). Do I need to change the "Tactile Alerts" in the 2nd screenshot? See the screen shots...

Here is a screenshot of my default ring tone...

Here is a screenshot of my Custom Ring Tone...
    07-12-12 01:36 PM
    Do I need to change the "Tactile Alerts" in the 2nd screenshot? See the screen shots...
    not required to change it.

did you try restarting your phone ? battery pull for 15 seconds. also make sure that the custom ringtone is still assigned to the correct contact (check phone numbers).

the truth is, i dont think the issue your facing has to do with my app, never reported before, and we all use special ringtones for special people

but a battery pull for 15 seconds could make a difference to many blackberry problems

let me know.
    07-12-12 01:51 PM
    not required to change it.

did you try restarting your phone ? battery pull for 15 seconds. also make sure that the custom ringtone is still assigned to the correct contact (check phone numbers).

the truth is, i dont think the issue your facing has to do with my app, never reported before, and we all use special ringtones for special people

but a battery pull for 15 seconds could make a difference to many blackberry problems

let me know.
    This is definitely weird. I pulled the battery and kept it out for over 1 minute and still the same problem. I'm going to uninstall AOLED (since I have a backup I can restore) and see if the problem goes away. I'll let ya know...
    07-12-12 02:19 PM
    This is definitely weird. I pulled the battery and kept it out for over 1 minute and still the same problem. I'm going to uninstall AOLED (since I have a backup I can restore) and see if the problem goes away. I'll let ya know...
    it would be interesting to know if my app was the culprit
    07-12-12 02:27 PM
    it would be interesting to know if my app was the culprit

Nope, my phone is still having the issue after I uninstalled your app. Hmmm? I'll have to check it out later and see what it is. Based on the screen shots above, do you have the same setup for both your native ring tone and special contacts?

Thanks again for a great app!
    07-12-12 02:46 PM
    Nope, my phone is still having the issue after I uninstalled your app. Hmmm? I'll have to check it out later and see what it is. Based on the screen shots above, do you have the same setup for both your native ring tone and special contacts?

Thanks again for a great app!
    Your settings looks fine.

logical next steps would be:

- try to remove the ringtone then add it again.

if not fixed then

- remove the contact then add everything again.

if still not fixed, then try to update your phone's OS, if STILL NOT FIXED then its a human error, that means your settings things the wrong way

Good luck
    07-12-12 02:53 PM
    Your settings looks fine.

logical next steps would be:

- try to remove the ringtone then add it again.

if not fixed then

- remove the contact then add everything again.

if still not fixed, then try to update your phone's OS, if STILL NOT FIXED then its a human error, that means your settings things the wrong way

Good luck
    This worked! I deleted the contacts and then added them back and it works fine now! Thanks for your help Sultan and a GREAT app!!!
    07-12-12 11:22 PM
    charging wont change the LED, but charging will put your phone in Bed time mode, which will affect the LED
    After looking at it further, when connecting the phone to the workstation and selecting "charge only" the LEDs work, but if I select "usb drive', then that is when the LEDs all default back to red. I don't think this is a bed time mode issue.
    07-17-12 11:43 AM
    Hey Sultan, more times than none the screen remains extremely dim when I get a custom flashing LED going on [ie my girlfriend's is set to purple and pink blinking] I have to navigate to her message and the screen returns to normal.

Also when I fool around with the settings of how dark or bright I want my colours the screen does the same thing. I'm begging to think that it's due to the proximity sensor, what do you think?
    07-17-12 01:17 PM
    Be careful fooling around -- purple/pink might find out!
    07-17-12 05:12 PM
    Hey Sultan, more times than none the screen remains extremely dim when I get a custom flashing LED going on [ie my girlfriend's is set to purple and pink blinking] I have to navigate to her message and the screen returns to normal.

Also when I fool around with the settings of how dark or bright I want my colours the screen does the same thing. I'm begging to think that it's due to the proximity sensor, what do you think?
    unfortunate its the light sensor, which is for some unknown reason was designed right next to the LED Light, i wish i understood what RIM engineers were thinking, maybe its a communication gap between two departments or something, but clearly its not very smart of them to place it so close to each other.

hope this helps
    07-18-12 10:07 AM
    Just wanted to say thank you for this fantastic app. I've been using it since it was first available on Appworld.
    Thank you for the time you're putting into it, Sultan, and thankyou for keeping it free. I have to say that this is the best BB app i've ever used and it's free.

I have a question if you please: Why does the led always flash red the first time (fraction of a second) on all events and then continues to flash in the color I have assigned?
    In other words, let's say I have my BBM messages to flash green. Whenever I get a BBM message, the led flashes red for a fraction of second and then turns to green. Why is that?

What I would like to have, if possible, is an automatic (timed) lock with a touch unlock feature (pattern or simply code on touch screen with big numbers for the 9900) with the possibility to change the background of the lock screen. Or maybe a timed sound profile switching.
    Thanks again and best of luck
    07-27-12 12:05 PM
    Turn the LED off from the profiles setting (maybe)
    TheCROW163 likes this.
    07-27-12 12:07 PM
    Thanks for your suggestion, I will try it. I think this might be it
    07-27-12 12:26 PM
214 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD