Love the app! Just amazing all the functionality you have squeezed into so small a footprint.

I have a couple of suggestions/requests though:
    1) allow pasting of clipboard contents into the URL field when setting up the "favorite Internet links" (typing in long URLs is a pain! )
    2) a function that allows viewing the current wallpaper picture directly in the native content handler (that way I can look at the wallpaper picture without all the homescreen clutter)

Thanks!
    07-09-12 10:02 AM
    I've come across a bug on two separate 9900 OS 7.1 - lock screen feature sometimes persists even after a phone call.
    I've got it a few times but can't seem to replicate it when I try.
    07-09-12 02:30 PM
    Hi Sultan,

There is one BB feature that I hope you can enhance. BB apps are geared toward providing communication outward (i.e., browser to email, task to text, and calendar to BBM) but limited in communication between native apps (i.e., BB Maps to memo pad/address book, email to calendar/task and phone log (with notes) to calendar/task/memo). I guess I am looking for a more efficient way of sending information from one app to another without having multiple copy and paste steps.

Is this something that you can add to your already wonderful app?

Thanks
    07-09-12 04:30 PM
    How about LED support for Application Resource Monitor? You need the GUID, right? 2da957ecdecf9b2d as best as I can tell...
    Its not the GUID i use for the LED

My app has a tool to capture any apps LED, you can find it under "more apps" tab in the led light feature. But the app your capturing must have a ringtone in the sound profile, otherwise my app cant customize the led for the app, thats how many people post on my website the app led keys for so many apps

Good news that ARM has a ringtone, so you can do it right now yourself, and if you want you can share it with others here or on my website
    07-09-12 09:16 PM
    Love the app! Just amazing all the functionality you have squeezed into so small a footprint.

I have a couple of suggestions/requests though:
    1) allow pasting of clipboard contents into the URL field when setting up the "favorite Internet links" (typing in long URLs is a pain! )
    2) a function that allows viewing the current wallpaper picture directly in the native content handler (that way I can look at the wallpaper picture without all the homescreen clutter)

Thanks!
    A1) this is a common mistake made by many, i keep depending on peoples bb knowledge on copy/paste, i guess i should put a small info in the app that you can just click on the internet url field to show the paste command

A2) nice idea, i like , makes it a full screen wallpaper, will add it.

Thanks
    07-09-12 09:23 PM
    I've come across a bug on two separate 9900 OS 7.1 - lock screen feature sometimes persists even after a phone call.
    I've got it a few times but can't seem to replicate it when I try.
    Yes, even it shows before connecting a call as well, im looking in to it

Thanks for the feedback, its very important to me
    07-09-12 09:25 PM
    Hi Sultan,

There is one BB feature that I hope you can enhance. BB apps are geared toward providing communication outward (i.e., browser to email, task to text, and calendar to BBM) but limited in communication between native apps (i.e., BB Maps to memo pad/address book, email to calendar/task and phone log (with notes) to calendar/task/memo). I guess I am looking for a more efficient way of sending information from one app to another without having multiple copy and paste steps.

Is this something that you can add to your already wonderful app?

Thanks
    I guess this is a project by itself, but its a nice idea, reminds me of a feature in MS Outlook. Maybe a smaller requirement is possible like phone logs to calendar (with notes).

But currently any new feature has to wait until i complete the new features im working on (check my apps tweets to know more )

Thanks.
    07-09-12 09:32 PM
    sure there is, even OS 5.0 has it, BUT it is a battery killer and not recommended unless you are playing a game, hence enable the accelerometer for a short time only
    How about only activating the sensor when there is a meeting planned in your calendar?
    So when a meeting is detected, the sensor activates and you just flip your phone if you don't want to be disturbed.
    The sensor stays on until the meeting in the calendar ended, and then all bets are off
    07-10-12 01:43 AM
    The only issues I have are that the appearance of the popups is not as simple and clean as BerryPopup (the most legible and uncluttered popup UI I have seen) and that certain actions are unavailable via keyboard shortcuts (save, forward/edit with attachments). An option for solid colors and no gradients would provide for easier reading due to improved contrast. Also, the addition of single key shortcuts would be welcome e.g. 'm' mark read, 'a' reply all, 'r' reply, 'f' forward, 'e' forward/edit, 'v' save. A single keypress per desired action without the hassle of additional menus...
    Last edited by adamlau; 07-10-12 at 05:25 AM.
    07-10-12 02:25 AM
    Hi Sultan,

I have noticed that when my blackberry is plugged into the USB cable to my computer, the LEDs default back to red. This only occurs when connected to a workstation. I have a Bold 9900.
    07-10-12 09:24 AM
    maybe i am just overlooking this or misunderstand. but is there a feature or setting for you to have email blink for example 1 hour, bbm 2 hours, sms 3 hours and then turn off? as far as i understand, there is a setting but it is for a led alerts.
    07-10-12 10:44 AM
    More info please, i didnt get it completely ?
    Sorry for not explaining it clearly. What I requested was an automation for sending contact numbers to other people.

My usual way of sending contacts:

1. Go to contacts
    2. Choose the contact name
    3. Copy the number then switch to sms/bbm or any other messaging app
    4. Type the name of the contact and paste the info then send.

If I'm trying to send the phone number and address, I'll have to switch back again and copy the address.

Here's the feature request

1. Inside the sms/bbm or any messaing app
    2. Press the menu key and choose insert contact
    3. Choose the contact name and details that I want to send
    4. Advance os led will automatically paste the info on the app
    5. Send

Hopefully this made it more clear.
    Thanks!
    07-10-12 11:15 AM
    A1) this is a common mistake made by many, i keep depending on peoples bb knowledge on copy/paste, i guess i should put a small info in the app that you can just click on the internet url field to show the paste command

A2) nice idea, i like , makes it a full screen wallpaper, will add it.

Thanks
    Well, shoot. Here I was thinking I was a seasoned BB user, but I never thought of just clicking in the URL field. I've been right-clicking looking for a pop-up menu all this time

Thanks!
    07-10-12 11:00 PM
    Sultan, awesome app! Keep up the good work! RIM should be contracting you to bake some of this functionality into BB10.
    07-10-12 11:23 PM
    Hi Sultan,

I have noticed that when my blackberry is plugged into the USB cable to my computer, the LEDs default back to red. This only occurs when connected to a workstation. I have a Bold 9900.
    charging wont change the LED, but charging will put your phone in Bed time mode, which will affect the LED
    07-11-12 12:27 AM
    How about only activating the sensor when there is a meeting planned in your calendar?
    So when a meeting is detected, the sensor activates and you just flip your phone if you don't want to be disturbed.
    The sensor stays on until the meeting in the calendar ended, and then all bets are off
    Calendar events are nice to add for sure, lets see if i can finish my latest update so i can look into it
    07-11-12 12:44 AM
    The only issues I have are that the appearance of the popups is not as simple and clean as BerryPopup (the most legible and uncluttered popup UI I have seen) and that certain actions are unavailable via keyboard shortcuts (save, forward/edit with attachments). An option for solid colors and no gradients would provide for easier reading due to improved contrast. Also, the addition of single key shortcuts would be welcome e.g. 'm' mark read, 'a' reply all, 'r' reply, 'f' forward, 'e' forward/edit, 'v' save. A single keypress per desired action without the hassle of additional menus...
    Mmmm, you are correct about few things

however for the 'm' key, it is also available, and also for the key shortcuts, its all there and you dont even have to touch your screen or trackpad to go through all the menus and buttons of popups

but i do agree it could be faster if i made it using just 1 button press for actions

please press 'h' when popups are visible to get the list of key shortcuts, everything you mentioned can be done
    07-11-12 12:47 AM
    maybe i am just overlooking this or misunderstand. but is there a feature or setting for you to have email blink for example 1 hour, bbm 2 hours, sms 3 hours and then turn off? as far as i understand, there is a setting but it is for a led alerts.
    yes, the setting will effect all LED alerts, you cant customize the stop time per LED event separately.
    07-11-12 12:49 AM
    Sorry for not explaining it clearly. What I requested was an automation for sending contact numbers to other people.

My usual way of sending contacts:

1. Go to contacts
    2. Choose the contact name
    3. Copy the number then switch to sms/bbm or any other messaging app
    4. Type the name of the contact and paste the info then send.

If I'm trying to send the phone number and address, I'll have to switch back again and copy the address.

Here's the feature request

1. Inside the sms/bbm or any messaing app
    2. Press the menu key and choose insert contact
    3. Choose the contact name and details that I want to send
    4. Advance os led will automatically paste the info on the app
    5. Send

Hopefully this made it more clear.
    Thanks!
    wow, nice idea and certainly doable.

for now, you can do it using iLaunch custom actions, i keep saying to everyone that iLaunch feature has no limits

the only thing is, you will need to enter the contacts details in the custom actions one by one (choose only the most requested contacts), which is a time consuming process at first, but then you can past it with a click of a button
    07-11-12 12:54 AM
    Sultan, awesome app! Keep up the good work! RIM should be contracting you to bake some of this functionality into BB10.
    i have some bad news for the bb10 phones, just attended bb10 jam yesterday, they need a lot of work or it will be a disaster for the top utility apps (not just mine).

but one RIM employee did help regarding bb10 lack of very important APIs, funny he never heard of my app, but he sure is a nice and helpful guy
    07-11-12 01:02 AM
    i have some bad news for the bb10 phones, just attended bb10 jam yesterday, they need a lot of work or it will be a disaster for the top utility apps (not just mine).

but one RIM employee did help regarding bb10 lack of very important APIs
    I'm not a programmer, but I wonder if that's what Heins meant by problems with integration efforts...they are trying to sort out the internal APIs, hence the lack of external APIs?

funny he never heard of my app, but he sure is a nice and helpful guy
    Facepalm, I take it he's never browsed app world, CB forums, or believes much in customizing his phone.
    07-11-12 10:50 AM

but one RIM employee did help regarding bb10 lack of very important APIs, funny he never heard of my app, but he sure is a nice and helpful guy
    I do hope they get their s*@# sorted out, not only for your fantastic app but for the survival of the whole firm or it will be RIP RIM;
    07-11-12 10:53 AM
    wow, nice idea and certainly doable.

for now, you can do it using iLaunch custom actions, i keep saying to everyone that iLaunch feature has no limits

the only thing is, you will need to enter the contacts details in the custom actions one by one (choose only the most requested contacts), which is a time consuming process at first, but then you can past it with a click of a button
    Thanks for considering the idea. I tried your suggestion and it works but my contact request is too random so it will be difficult.
    07-11-12 09:57 PM
    Sultan,

I just noticed that the contacts I have set up with unique ring tones are not working. Is there a setting in AOLED that I need to be aware of?
    07-12-12 01:53 AM
    Sultan,

I just noticed that the contacts I have set up with unique ring tones are not working. Is there a setting in AOLED that I need to be aware of?
    some people did report that their custom sound profiles gets reset in old version of my app, please double check if your custom ringtones are still linked to your contacts. besides that, my app cannot read nor change your sound profiles, thats for sure

let me know.
    07-12-12 02:59 AM
214 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD