Hi Sultan,

Love this app! I had posted on your facebook page about possibly extending the download email attachment fucntionality to include MMS texts. Here was my original post:

"I have been looking for an app that automatically saves MMS attachments such as images, videos, etc. It looks like you are heading in a similar direction with the email attachment functionality. Would this be possible in a later version of the app? I would like the app to save the MMS file to a folder on the media card. The folders would be broken down by contact name or number if not associated to a contact and the attachments would retain the original filename with a date and timestamp as a prefix to the filename."

Is this something that would be possible?
    07-06-12 09:16 PM
    Hi Sultan,

Love this app! I had posted on your facebook page about possibly extending the download email attachment fucntionality to include MMS texts.

Is this something that would be possible?
    i do remember reading something similar

i never looked into MMS, im not sure if many people still use it on blackberry.

My rule is to add features that can help me or the majority of BB users, if i get many requests about the same thing, then i add it if it is doable
    07-06-12 10:23 PM
    Hi Sultan,

Feature request if it's possible. Ability to insert contacts to any software(bbm, im, sms etc) by adding an insert contact menu button then we can choose the info we want to insert. This feature will really help a lot since vcard is not universal and going to contacts then copy pasting is cumbersome especially when you're getting more than one info.

Saw some apps in appworld that do this but they don't work properly.

Thanks
    07-06-12 11:57 PM
    Now that I've finally cracked the programming of Custom Actions I have the app set up perfectly.

I don't want to lose all my setting when I next upgrade my OS but do not have a media card to back it up to.

Is there another method that I can use to save my settings ?

All suggestions much appreciated.
    07-07-12 04:08 AM
    Device restart most important point is to allow permissions when requested (when you first enabled the device restart feature).

you will need to "Allow" the permissions to AdvOsLedRestartHelper app using Options> Device> Application Management. then restart manually, then try again
    Sultan,

Love this app, has to be the best out there available to us!
    Have one question with the permissions. Set to "allow" but, under the Interactions menu "Security Timer Reset" is grayed out and default set to "Deny"
    Is there anyway around this?

Thanks!
    07-07-12 08:31 AM
    Hi Sultan,

Feature request if it's possible. Ability to insert contacts to any software(bbm, im, sms etc) by adding an insert contact menu button then we can choose the info we want to insert. This feature will really help a lot since vcard is not universal and going to contacts then copy pasting is cumbersome especially when you're getting more than one info.

Saw some apps in appworld that do this but they don't work properly.

Thanks
    More info please, i didnt get it completely ?
    07-07-12 11:52 AM
    Now that I've finally cracked the programming of Custom Actions I have the app set up perfectly.

I don't want to lose all my setting when I next upgrade my OS but do not have a media card to back it up to.

Is there another method that I can use to save my settings ?

All suggestions much appreciated.
    I thought of that too

Just backup your settings from my app's main menu, select device, it will ask to send the backup file using email when backup is done, with instructions
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    07-07-12 11:55 AM
    I thought of that too

Just backup your settings from my app's main menu, select device, it will ask to send the backup file using email when backup is done, with instructions
    So when I next install a new OS the backup file will be restored along with my other data ?
    07-07-12 12:03 PM
    Sultan,

Love this app, has to be the best out there available to us!
    Have one question with the permissions. Set to "allow" but, under the Interactions menu "Security Timer Reset" is grayed out and default set to "Deny"
    Is there anyway around this?

Thanks!
    These permissions are not required for restart app helper

Its only a 2.4kb app, it does nothing except help AOS&L to force a restart
    07-07-12 12:04 PM
    So when I next install a new OS the backup file will be restored along with my other data ?
    The backup file can be stored on device, sd card, email inbox, even desktop pc, its up to you, it is a single file that has all my apps setting (every single thing).

How or where you store it is up to you. But using email method, it will give you, people with no sd card, an option to store it outside your phone, so if you lose your phone, get a new one, or upgrade os, you can download the backup file from your inbox to your phone and restore everything

Same applies to the contacts backup option i made in the contacts feature in my app
    07-07-12 12:12 PM
    The backup file can be stored on device, sd card, email inbox, even desktop pc, its up to you, it is a single file that has all my apps setting (every single thing).

How or where you store it is up to you. But using email method, it will give you, people with no sd card, an option to store it outside your phone, so if you lose your phone, get a new one, or upgrade os, you can download the backup file from your inbox to your phone and restore everything

Same applies to the contacts backup option i made in the contacts feature in my app
    Sorry to be a pain, but how do I place the backup file attached to the e.mail back in the same location with the same filename ?

Will it not automatically be restored to the phone as part of the restore process following any upgrade to the OS ?
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 07-07-12 at 12:31 PM.
    07-07-12 12:27 PM
    Sorry to be a pain, but how do I place the backup file attached to the e.mail back in the same location with the same filename ?

Will it not automatically be restored to the phone as part of the restore process following any upgrade to the OS ?
    The file location is displayed after backup is completed, use Files app or emailing saving attachments method to place the file back to its original place.
    The filename is the same as the attached file in the email.
    You restore by selecting restore instead of backup. My app has all the info you need, just try the backup and restore once before upgrading

I would say yes to the upgrade question, but i never trust users completely, so the best way to backup my app for an os upgrade is sd card or email. Although you might not even require to do a backup at all, but i also dont completely trust blackberry official tools.
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 07-07-12 at 01:07 PM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    07-07-12 01:04 PM
    Is there some sort of API to detect whether the phone is facing down? (i.e., screen facing floor) I'm thinking the sensor next to the LED light could possibly work but wouldn't be very reliable.

I want the phone to switch it self to silent mode when ever I turn the phone upside down. If I am in a meeting, going sleep or just need the phone to be silent.
    07-07-12 02:44 PM
    Is there some sort of API to detect whether the phone is facing down? (i.e., screen facing floor) I'm thinking the sensor next to the LED light could possibly work but wouldn't be very reliable.

I want the phone to switch it self to silent mode when ever I turn the phone upside down. If I am in a meeting, going sleep or just need the phone to be silent.
    sure there is, even OS 5.0 has it, BUT it is a battery killer and not recommended unless you are playing a game, hence enable the accelerometer for a short time only
    07-07-12 02:49 PM
    Hi Sultan,

1. Is the "Alert Me" feature a universal setting for all contacts/apps or can I set 10 seconds for one contact/app and 2 minutes for another contact/app?

2. Can the "Night LED" feature be set by day in addition to time? For example, can I set Monday to turn off alerts from 1pm - 3pm and the rest of the days 10pm - 9am?
    Last edited by Nickerz_BB; 07-09-12 at 02:05 AM.
    07-09-12 02:01 AM
    Hi Sultan,

Is the "Alert Me" feature a universal setting for all contacts/apps or can I set 10 seconds for one contact/app and 2 minutes for another contact/app?
    For now it is a universal setting for all LED events, however please look at my last tweet, look in my signature for twitter account
    07-09-12 02:07 AM
    For now it is a universal setting for all LED events, however please look at my last tweet, look in my signature for twitter account
    That's awesome! Any info on when this update will be available?

Also,can the "Night LED" feature be set by day in addition to time? For example, can I set Monday to turn off alerts from 1pm - 3pm and the rest of the days 10pm - 9am?

Last question...why don't other app developers engage their customers and listen to their suggestions like you do?

THANK YOU!!!
    07-09-12 02:30 AM
    That's awesome! Any info on when this update will be available?

Also,can the "Night LED" feature be set by day in addition to time? For example, can I set Monday to turn off alerts from 1pm - 3pm and the rest of the days 10pm - 9am?

Last question...why don't other app developers engage their customers and listen to their suggestions like you do?

THANK YOU!!!
    update might be available in 2 or 3 weeks

night LED works on daily basis only (for battery reasons)

lool, everyone is different, i try my best to help, plus i have nothing to hide, whats wrong with chatting with nice people and sharing knowledge
    07-09-12 02:40 AM
    update might be available in 2 or 3 weeks

night LED works on daily basis only (for battery reasons)

lool, everyone is different, i try my best to help, plus i have nothing to hide, whats wrong with chatting with nice people and sharing knowledge
    Can I put in a request for Night LED to have a daily setting? Throughout the week I have different meetings with different times of the days where I can't be bothered. It is a really useful feature on BeBuzz thay I don't recall draining my battery.

Thank you!
    07-09-12 02:47 AM
    Can I put in a request for Night LED to have a daily setting? Throughout the week I have different meetings with different times of the days where I can't be bothered. It is a really useful feature on BeBuzz thay I don't recall draining my battery.

Thank you!
    i will look into it again, but cant promise cause i still have a huge list of changes i need to push out soon

Note: on OS7.1 latest update, RIM included a Resource Monitor (RM) which shuts down apps if they consume extra battery power or OS resources, so far my app is one of the few apps that do not get blacklisted by the RM app. ( hope you link what im writing here with what you referred to in your last post )
    07-09-12 02:54 AM
    i will look into it again, but cant promise cause i still have a huge list of changes i need to push out soon

Note: on OS7.1 latest update, RIM included a Resource Monitor (RM) which shuts down apps if they consume extra battery power or OS resources, so far my app is one of the few apps that do not get blacklisted by the RM app. ( hope you link what im writing here with what you referred to in your last post )
    Much appreciated! I see what you're saying as you don't want your app to be shutdown by being a battery hog but then that's only if someone uses the feature. I have an idea! Maybe add a note to the feature I'm requesting so the user knows it can drain the battery. Your app has a lot of good notes to help explain the feature/function so it gives us the choice to use it but with a note that warns us it could drain the battery. Plus the apps default function doesn't have to use it.

Thanks again for considering the Night LED to have a daily option with time! =)
    07-09-12 03:02 AM

Is there a place to set RM? I have not found it on any screen.

Once again thanks for your wonderful work.
    07-09-12 04:51 AM
    Is there a place to set RM? I have not found it on any screen.

Once again thanks for your wonderful work.
    i can find it easily using the homescreen> options> Application Resource Monitor.

phone 9810 v7.1.0.536
    07-09-12 06:11 AM
    i can find it easily using the homescreen> options> Application Resource Monitor.

phone 9810 v7.1.0.536
    Seems not to be on TMo's .230. Many thanks.
    07-09-12 06:19 AM
    How about LED support for Application Resource Monitor? You need the GUID, right? 2da957ecdecf9b2d as best as I can tell...
    07-09-12 09:45 AM
214 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD