I don't want to speak for Sultan, but I'm thinking a call-block/sms-block function would be pretty manageable. AOSL has access to contact info and most call block apps are a matter of input simulation. Sms blocking might be a bit more involved, I don't know.

Location-based WiFi toggling might be trickier too, but I'm just rambling with my own non-developer thoughts here. I'm mindful of making requests that are fairly easy to implement, having fielded open requests myself.
    07-02-12 07:23 PM
    Call- and Mail-blocker?!

Thank you so much, Sultan, great work!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    Definitely a Call blocker!! The only problem is....I wonder how easy can it be?? Most of the call blockers out there STILL have issues
    07-02-12 07:32 PM
    What about the phone going in to silent/vibrate only mode during meetings? i.e., the app will have access to the calendar and when it hits a meeting, it will switch to a different mode and when the meeting is finished it will switch back to what it was before.

Would that be useful to anyone else? Sounds like something that should already be integrated into the OS!
    SalmonFrisby likes this.
    07-03-12 01:40 AM
    What about the phone going in to silent/vibrate only mode during meetings? i.e., the app will have access to the calendar and when it hits a meeting, it will switch to a different mode and when the meeting is finished it will switch back to what it was before.

Would that be useful to anyone else? Sounds like something that should already be integrated into the OS!
    I would also love to see this feature!
    07-03-12 03:02 AM
    Call- and Mail-blocker?!

Thank you so much, Sultan, great work!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    I thought about it, then realized it needs alot of work, so i postponded the feature to later.
    07-03-12 10:12 AM
    I don't want to speak for Sultan, but I'm thinking a call-block/sms-block function would be pretty manageable. AOSL has access to contact info and most call block apps are a matter of input simulation. Sms blocking might be a bit more involved, I don't know.

Location-based WiFi toggling might be trickier too, but I'm just rambling with my own non-developer thoughts here. I'm mindful of making requests that are fairly easy to implement, having fielded open requests myself.

Your correct about SMS, its tough.

Im thinking to add bluetooth and wifi support to the led feature. Lets see, no more free time for the next few weeks.
    07-03-12 10:17 AM
    Definitely a Call blocker!! The only problem is....I wonder how easy can it be?? Most of the call blockers out there STILL have issues
    Exactly my thought as well
    07-03-12 10:22 AM

I want this feature too

But not possible if your phone is bes password locked. Like mine.
    07-03-12 10:24 AM
    What about wifi-cell tower functionality? Wifi turns on and off depending on whether you are in range of a pre-set cell tower.
    This shouldn't be very hard once i add wifi support to the led feature
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    07-03-12 10:26 AM
    I wish I had a function on my 9810 that locks the device when I close the slide, instead of having to push the lock button before I stick it in my pocket. And an option to disable the lock key, as it so sensitive that the phone starts doing all kinds of stuff in my pocket I'm unaware of, because it got accidentally unlocked in there.
    07-03-12 12:52 PM
    What about a lock orientation feature (On supported devices)? I have OrientationLock, but it's too annoying to lock each screen one by one!
    Last edited by MarcoAntonioGR; 07-04-12 at 02:48 PM.
    07-04-12 02:19 AM
    What about a lock orientation feature (On supported devices)? I have OrientationLock, but it's too annoying to lock each screen one by one!
    Thats only good for torch models, i like to add features for all models possible
    07-04-12 11:40 PM
    could someone send me the v14 cod of AOAL in rar format to my email [email protected]
    Thanks,my appworld is broken,and I can not dl from fb yet
    07-05-12 11:41 AM
    Hi Sultan,
    You rock, and so does your app...made me uninstall BeBuzz in spite of paying for it. I'd gladly for your app too
    Anyways, had a minor issue today. Upgraded OS today, then upgraded Advance OS & LED (from v13 to v14), and restored my settings from SD card. However, all the LED colours and blink/mix settings are mixed up, and are not what I had backed up
    Any suggestions? Or should I painstakingly set them up all over again?
    Thanks in advance.
    And keep up the good work.
    07-06-12 10:45 AM
    � installed your app again because you added so many new functionalities. There is so many to discover, takes up a lot of time^^
    I�m really glad that you added the feature of downloading email attachments. What I would like to see in a future update is that the app does not only download attachments but also have the function that gets all the images of an email. "showmetheimages" is an app that provide this function.
    Would like to see that in an upcoming update if you�re able to do that
    07-06-12 10:50 AM
    Hi Sultan,
    You rock, and so does your app...made me uninstall BeBuzz in spite of paying for it. I'd gladly for your app too
    Anyways, had a minor issue today. Upgraded OS today, then upgraded Advance OS & LED (from v13 to v14), and restored my settings from SD card. However, all the LED colours and blink/mix settings are mixed up, and are not what I had backed up
    Any suggestions? Or should I painstakingly set them up all over again?
    Thanks in advance.
    And keep up the good work.
    My apologies,

Due to high demand, I had to add the 5 seconds blink effect, so it shifted all your LED blink effects 1 position and all your MIX effects 2 positions. However it didn't change the colors you had, just the effects.

You will need to shift them manually, this won't happen again, I promise.
    ketan_kunde likes this.
    07-06-12 10:51 AM
    � installed your app again because you added so many new functionalities. There is so many to discover, takes up a lot of time^^
    I�m really glad that you added the feature of downloading email attachments. What I would like to see in a future update is that the app does not only download attachments but also have the function that gets all the images of an email. "showmetheimages" is an app that provide this function.
    Would like to see that in an upcoming update if you�re able to do that
    Thanks

Security is important, and many people are not aware that images in HTML emails are dangerous, however attachments are fine.

The option your requesting is available in blackberry phones, you just need to hit the menu then select download images, to download all HTML images, which is safer since you trust the sender.

Let me know what do you think
    07-06-12 10:56 AM
    Ok, I give you the security point.
    I know that there is this BB menu option, but I want this happen automatically. You could add this feature and and at the same time include a big red warning popup when enabling this option
    It would be nice to at least have the option, you know
    07-06-12 11:33 AM
    I thought I try the device restart function on my Torch 9810 running os 7.1.0.536
    It doesn't restart my device. It just causes the screen to flash on and off repeatedly. I can hit a key and it will go into last page I was on.

Any input? I have paid for meterberry but would love to use only 1 app for everything like yours if possible.

Thanks
    07-06-12 12:44 PM
    My apologies,

Due to high demand, I had to add the 5 seconds blink effect, so it shifted all your LED blink effects 1 position and all your MIX effects 2 positions. However it didn't change the colors you had, just the effects.

You will need to shift them manually, this won't happen again, I promise.
    Hey, that's ok...no big deal
    Your prompt replies are already legendary amongst BB users, experienced first-hand today. Cheers!
    07-06-12 12:44 PM
    I thought I try the device restart function on my Torch 9810 running os 7.1.0.536
    It doesn't restart my device. It just causes the screen to flash on and off repeatedly. I can hit a key and it will go into last page I was on.

Any input? I have paid for meterberry but would love to use only 1 app for everything like yours if possible.

Thanks
    Device restart most important point is to allow permissions when requested (when you first enabled the device restart feature).

you will need to "Allow" the permissions to AdvOsLedRestartHelper app using Options> Device> Application Management. then restart manually, then try again
    drifter420 likes this.
    07-06-12 01:10 PM
    Device restart most important point is to allow permissions when requested (when you first enabled the device restart feature).

you will need to "Allow" the permissions to AdvOsLedRestartHelper app using Options> Device> Application Management. then restart manually, then try again
    That did it.. thanks Sultan.. now to go delete the other apps
    07-06-12 01:32 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between device restart in AOL and holding down left alt +right shift + del to make it reboot?
    07-06-12 01:35 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between device restart in AOL and holding down left alt +right shift + del to make it reboot?
    Technically, they do the same thing

Real world difference:
    - you cant schedule a restart using left alt +right shift + del
    - you need both hands with left alt +right shift + del
    - you cant restart on full touch phones using left alt +right shift + del (no keypad)
    - you dont expect your girlfriend or wife to be bothered to remember keypad shortcuts, and zero learning curve for anyone since it has a GUI
    07-06-12 01:46 PM
    Well said. I just wanted to make sure the "type" of restart is the same. Because I know that a full battery pull is a "more complete" reboot than either of these two methods.
    07-06-12 01:47 PM
214 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD