Sultan, thanks for adding the 5s blink time for the LED as I requested.
    07-01-12 06:03 PM
    Is a flush memory a soft reboot?

Will any of these run if the phone is BES password locked?

Thanks.
    yes, my phone is also BES protected, and the last two options run fine, which are the important ones

Flush Memory is a GC = force full Garbage Collection, this is a java term, look it up
    07-01-12 11:50 PM
    Sultan- your app is amazing! If you ever decide to add a lock/unlock feature-I would be in heaven. I have PatternLock and also tried the Slide to unlock one and none play well with my Torch 9850. Due to some ligament damage in my thumb- using the lock button on the top is very difficult.
    the problem is i cant test a lock feature properly cause my phone is BES protected (With a force password after 10 min)

thats why i still haven't made a screen lock feature. maybe i will get an extra phone and try in the future
    maddie1128 likes this.
    07-01-12 11:53 PM
    Sultan, thanks for adding the 5s blink time for the LED as I requested.
    this app is all about what people want (and what i can do about it)
    BBFTW88 and jaydee5799 like this.
    07-01-12 11:55 PM
    yes, my phone is also BES protected, and the last two options run fine, which are the important ones

Flush Memory is a GC = force full Garbage Collection, this is a java term, look it up
    Thanks nice to learn something new. Glad that you also suffer the autolock so you can work around it.
    07-02-12 01:22 AM
    Thanks Sultan for this latest improvement (v.14)! Perhaps someone could suggest appropriate settings for the Device Optimizer? I'm using the ones in the above screenshot ...
    07-02-12 02:02 AM
    Thanks Sultan for this latest improvement (v.14)! Perhaps someone could suggest appropriate settings for the Device Optimizer? I'm using the ones in the above screenshot ...
    it depends on your usage and number of background applications running, however, i would recommend:

for heavy usage:
    1- 6 hours
    2- 30 min
    3- 30 min

for light usage:
    1- 48 hours
    2- 1 hours
    3- 3 hours

deezy87 likes this.
    07-02-12 02:12 AM
    10 minutes for a solution?! Sultan, you are remarkable!
    Thank you.
    07-02-12 02:34 AM
    Can't see the update yet Even after refreshing

EDIT: I have it now. Is there anyway to review what the Device Optimizer has cleaned up? No worries if not.
    Last edited by BBFTW88; 07-02-12 at 04:32 AM.
    07-02-12 03:25 AM
    love it! can't believe I wasted money on the others!
    07-02-12 04:24 AM
    Is there anyway to review what the Device Optimizer has cleaned up? No worries if not.
    yes, its simple
    for 1st option ( it will popup)

for 2nd option just open event logger (now using iLaunch) and see the first log event time

for 3rd, open options>device>application management, and check memory consumption of apps , or check Event logger (since GC happens as the last step in optimization, it will add a GC event in the logs )
    07-02-12 05:18 AM
    Yet another significant addition to this already brilliant app.

Well done Sultan and many thanks.
    07-02-12 08:25 AM
    Thank you Sultan.

logMaid was only 4 kb, but there were no options at all. I dropped it and I'm very glad you were able to offer me a sound replacement.
    07-02-12 12:20 PM
    Oh sweet god in heaven! This keeps getting better and better! I'm updating right this very second, can't wait to see what has been added!
    07-02-12 01:41 PM
    I was messing around, and now have an option to activate keypad, what does that mean?

Edit: When I deactivate keypad, the keypad still works lol. I don't know how I got that to appear on the menu.
    Last edited by sharma0702; 07-02-12 at 02:31 PM.
    07-02-12 01:51 PM
    Just DL the latest. Very impressed.

Thanks Sultan
    07-02-12 02:24 PM
    I was messing around, and now have an option to activate keypad, what does that mean?
    I have lost so much sleep playing with this app!! Stop messing with it
    wolfee48 likes this.
    07-02-12 02:32 PM
    I figured it out! It's for having the vibrate feature when you use your screen or keyboard lol. Now how I got that option, no clue lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the Crackberry forums app!
    07-02-12 02:58 PM
    I figured it out! It's for having the vibrate feature when you use your screen or keyboard lol. Now how I got that option, no clue lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the Crackberry forums app!
    lool,

ok, it is under "operating Systems utilities", its the "keypad Vibration" feature, you can turn it on or off, but make sure you have version 14.0

you can turn the feature on and off, or place a toggle menu item in all menus, configure it the way you like, but for easy and quick access use iLaunch feature (its unbelievably powerful and useful ) to access all Adv OS & LED menus and toggle features in one screen

hope this helps
    deezy87 likes this.
    07-02-12 03:24 PM
    Does the GC method in the app force objects to be recycled by the GC or does it just initiate an OS level GC?
    07-02-12 03:52 PM
    Does the GC method in the app force objects to be recycled by the GC or does it just initiate an OS level GC?
    im about to sleep, however i will answer your question first

Java does not allow apps to access memory directly, therefore no app can force Objects to be GC, not even if the Objects belongs to the app itself. The OS takes care of this, however the OS does it when it feels its running out of memory ( and few other cases).

so my app, clears some extra temporary storage at first, then forces the OS to claim any Memory (which is no longer referenced in any app) that needs to be flushed from your device's RAM (including the extra temporary storage which just got cleared).

there is only 1 GC method in JAVA, so all optimization apps can only use this method
    07-02-12 04:04 PM
    im about to sleep, however i will answer your question first

Java does not allow apps to access memory directly, therefore no app can force Objects to be GC, not even if the Objects belongs to the app itself. The OS takes care of this, however the OS does it when it feels its running out of memory ( and few other cases).

so my app, clears some extra temporary storage at first, then forces the OS to claim any Memory (which is no longer referenced in any app) that needs to be flushed from your device's RAM (including the extra temporary storage which just got cleared).

there is only 1 GC method in JAVA, so all optimization apps can only use this method
    Okay cool so it invokes the GV method so that the OS can do its thing.
    That's fine - I was going to say it wouldn't be so good if you forced objects to move in to earlier generations in order to force them to be GC'd

Excellent app... I'm not sure what else you can add to it tbh :|
    07-02-12 04:12 PM
    Excellent app... I'm not sure what else you can add to it tbh :|

Call- and Mail-blocker?!

Thank you so much, Sultan, great work!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    ralfyguy likes this.
    07-02-12 05:13 PM
    What about wifi-cell tower functionality? Wifi turns on and off depending on whether you are in range of a pre-set cell tower.
    07-02-12 07:16 PM
    What about wifi-cell tower functionality? Wifi turns on and off depending on whether you are in range of a pre-set cell tower.
    I was actually gonna ask for this turning wifi of when not connected to a network, I have an app that does this but to have it intergrated with this would be cool so I can delete the other app
    07-02-12 07:20 PM
214 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD