Oh man...my head hurts on that one I was trying to set up my flashlight and I'm currently scratching my head way too hard
    If u just launch the iLaunch menu and then hit the "F" key it will start the flashlight.
    06-26-12 06:45 PM
    Even simpler than a task manager (I use escreens for that stuff) would be a regular event log cleaner (every 2, even 4, hours or so would be fine). I was using logMaid, but it did some extra stuff that I didn't really want it to do (ran every hour and did a GC function). MeterBerry has that function as well, but I have shifted back to using TinyMeter and I don't want to forget to clear my event logs.
    06-26-12 08:35 PM
    Sultan you are the man!
    Quick question, why would anyone use night led option when you can have bedsidemode take care of it? Am I missing something?
    Thanks again for all the great work, you make us keep our berries longer!
    It's always good to have choices - but I was kind of wondering about that myself. Bedside mode is so easy and flexible to set up.

SM
    06-26-12 09:06 PM
    I tried to set up the restart function as a favorite app in the launcher, but when you click on it nothing happens. It restarts fine when clicked on in the main menu though.
    06-26-12 09:28 PM
    Sultan you are the man!
    Quick question, why would anyone use night led option when you can have bedsidemode take care of it? Am I missing something?
    Thanks again for all the great work, you make us keep our berries longer!
    the same question can be ask about sound profiles

the simple answer is, instant customization and switching modes, not just everything off
    06-27-12 08:58 AM
    Also if its not too much to ask for, can you put up a thing that frees up memory? If it's a hassle don't stress it
    why not, it is very easy and it does fall under OS utilities
    06-27-12 08:59 AM
    I tried to set up the restart function as a favorite app in the launcher, but when you click on it nothing happens. It restarts fine when clicked on in the main menu though.
    you need to use custom actions , not favorite apps, cause after lunching my app you have to use the following action "Open Menu" 3 times.
    06-27-12 09:02 AM
    OK, you win. BeBuzz is now but a memory

One question - what happens if one restores a backup from my phone onto another phone? Will the non-matching entries (like e-mail addresses) get ignored but the rest restored? Just wondering if I'll have to setup all the custom stuff on my friend's phone this afternoon...
    06-27-12 09:47 AM
    Hi Sultan

Still loving Advance OS, just wondered if you had considered branching out and doing a battery monitoring app.

MeterBerry was once the best around but has not had an update for ages.

I'm sure that with your creative genius you could come up with a real goodie !!!
    wolfee48 likes this.
    06-27-12 12:10 PM
    OK, you win. BeBuzz is now but a memory

One question - what happens if one restores a backup from my phone onto another phone? Will the non-matching entries (like e-mail addresses) get ignored but the rest restored? Just wondering if I'll have to setup all the custom stuff on my friend's phone this afternoon...
    at first, it will not change, so all your LED contacts will move to the new phone, however, inside LED Light feature, just press menu and select "Update contacts details" this will run a check on all your LED contacts Names only, if there is no match for the first name + last name, it will remove the contact.

hope this helps
    06-27-12 01:09 PM
    Hi Sultan

Still loving Advance OS, just wondered if you had considered branching out and doing a battery monitoring app.

MeterBerry was once the best around but has not had an update for ages.

I'm sure that with your creative genius you could come up with a real goodie !!!
    please specify what details you would like me to capture and how would you like me to report it ?

s
    06-27-12 01:12 PM
    please specify what details you would like me to capture and how would you like me to report it ?

s
    Many thanks for the usual prompt reply.

I would like to see basic logged information displayed one one screen view.

For example, MeterBerry (and I am making no criticism of this app) allows you the option to log say Battery Level, Battery Temp and Signal Strength displayed on 3 separate screens which makes it difficult to correlate the 3 sets of information.

I would like to see those 3 values displayed side by side in columns so for instance if the battery level drops significantly during a timed cycle I can immediately see if a low signal was present at the time.

A basic opening screen showing the current levels monitored together with an average discharge rate and time remaining would also be appreciated as would the option to re set the discharge rate.

Purely my initial thoughts and I am sure that others may want different things, but for me that is the infomation I need from a battery monitoring app.

If you are able to create a new app or add this functionality to Advance OS with easy access it would be great and I would sign up from day one !!

EDIT

Oh yes, and if possible the ability to display one or more selected value in the home screen status bar would be great too.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 06-27-12 at 03:00 PM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    06-27-12 02:51 PM

s

Here is a screenshot of Meterberry. It also logs battery, signal, and memory change (second screenshot).

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    06-27-12 03:52 PM
    Two days in and I'm loving this app.

BeBuzz, QuickLaunch, One Touch Flashlight are all about to be deleted.... How you manage to keep this app at uner 300kb is beyond me.

Top work!

If you manage to get a battery monitoring thing on it too, would be awesome as meterberry is a bit dated
    BlazorBoy and wolfee48 like this.
    06-28-12 02:57 AM
    Many thanks for the usual prompt reply.

I would like to see basic logged information displayed one one screen view.

For example, MeterBerry (and I am making no criticism of this app) allows you the option to log say Battery Level, Battery Temp and Signal Strength displayed on 3 separate screens which makes it difficult to correlate the 3 sets of information.

I would like to see those 3 values displayed side by side in columns so for instance if the battery level drops significantly during a timed cycle I can immediately see if a low signal was present at the time.

A basic opening screen showing the current levels monitored together with an average discharge rate and time remaining would also be appreciated as would the option to re set the discharge rate.

Purely my initial thoughts and I am sure that others may want different things, but for me that is the infomation I need from a battery monitoring app.

If you are able to create a new app or add this functionality to Advance OS with easy access it would be great and I would sign up from day one !!

EDIT

Oh yes, and if possible the ability to display one or more selected value in the home screen status bar would be great too.
    anything is possible, but for any additional feature there should be an equivalent (battery, memory and performance) impact on your phone.

best approach would be to save this info in a .txt file, so you can transfer it to your desktop and analyze it, or just keep an offline copy, .txt files can also be opened using your phone, so its perfect.

i just need to check the impact of pulling memory changes whenever it happens, i dont like the idea of draining the battery for the sake of memory info. for battery and signal info, it is not a problem, already tested and use this info in my app.

im going to submit an update in 2 days ( bug fixes only), so if i can add this feature, i will, if i cant, it will have to wait, fixing bugs are top priority for me
    06-30-12 02:04 AM
    anything is possible, but for any additional feature there should be an equivalent (battery, memory and performance) impact on your phone.

best approach would be to save this info in a .txt file, so you can transfer it to your desktop and analyze it, or just keep an offline copy, .txt files can also be opened using your phone, so its perfect.

i just need to check the impact of pulling memory changes whenever it happens, i dont like the idea of draining the battery for the sake of memory info. for battery and signal info, it is not a problem, already tested and use this info in my app.

im going to submit an update in 2 days ( bug fixes only), so if i can add this feature, i will, if i cant, it will have to wait, fixing bugs are top priority for me
    Hi Sultan

Personally, the memory information is not particularly important, it is the battery and signal info that I find most useful.

Having said that, MeterBerry does pull up this information and does not seem to have a significant effect on battery consumption in my experience. My 9900 will idle at less than 1% battery consumption.

I appreciate that your priority has to be maintaining the core app that we all know and love.

Rather than add the battery function to Advance OS would a totally separate app be a better approach or is this asking too much of you ?

Thanks as always for you input.
    06-30-12 04:12 AM
    Having said that, MeterBerry does pull up this information and does not seem to have a significant effect on battery consumption in my experience. My 9900 will idle at less than 1% battery consumption.
    i can confirm the above about battery and signal, however i never tried pulling memory info

Rather than add the battery function to Advance OS would a totally separate app be a better approach or is this asking too much of you ?
    its not possible for me and my plans, im trying to change Blackberry phone's experience (and im almost there ), so i need to continue building the new Operating System (or add-on) for people to download and use

lets see, i might just end up not adding it to AOS&L if it causes issues while im testing on OS5, OS6, OS7 & OS7.1
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    06-30-12 05:57 AM
    Even simpler than a task manager (I use escreens for that stuff) would be a regular event log cleaner (every 2, even 4, hours or so would be fine). I was using logMaid, but it did some extra stuff that I didn't really want it to do (ran every hour and did a GC function). MeterBerry has that function as well, but I have shifted back to using TinyMeter and I don't want to forget to clear my event logs.
    Done

and will be included in version 14.0 coming out in 2 days
    Legal Eagle, deltact and wu-wei like this.
    06-30-12 01:00 PM

I LOVE the idea of saving the data in a txt file so I can transfer it to my PC, import it into a spreadsheet and generate graphs. Plus I'll be able to compare performance over time and not be limited to whatever portion of logs are kept on my device.

As for polling memory, I would recommend a user-configurable frequency (though most folks are only interested in hourly readings anyway) and not a constant polling to watch for any changes in memory.
    06-30-12 02:51 PM
    Done

and will be included in version 14.0 coming out in 2 days
    I figured that one would be pretty easy.
    06-30-12 02:52 PM
    I LOVE the idea of saving the data in a txt file so I can transfer it to my PC, import it into a spreadsheet and generate graphs. Plus I'll be able to compare performance over time and not be limited to whatever portion of logs are kept on my device.

As for polling memory, I would recommend a user-configurable frequency (though most folks are only interested in hourly readings anyway) and not a constant polling to watch for any changes in memory.
    this one will have to wait for a while, im trying to finalize my latest build to be as solid as possible.
    06-30-12 11:30 PM
    Everyone keep a eye in BlackBerry App World Sultan has yet another update for Advance OS and LED. He just continues to provide all of us with his great customer support. He has added a whole new feature to the app as well as a new timing feature to the LED feature. Here's is what is included in this update:
    - A device optimizer feature has been a added.
    - He added a 5 second time for the blink and mix in the LED timings.
    - Also there is some minor enhancements and bug fixes.

So again keep a eye out of the update which will be V14.0 it should be released very soon thru App World. If u don't have this all in one app here's a link.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/45506
    Last edited by jordan559; 07-01-12 at 11:25 AM.
    tsells and deezy87 like this.
    07-01-12 11:21 AM
    What a great guy!!!
    07-01-12 11:57 AM
    Is a flush memory a soft reboot?

Will any of these run if the phone is BES password locked?

Thanks.
    Last edited by BlazorBoy; 07-01-12 at 01:48 PM.
    07-01-12 01:45 PM
    Sultan- your app is amazing! If you ever decide to add a lock/unlock feature-I would be in heaven. I have PatternLock and also tried the Slide to unlock one and none play well with my Torch 9850. Due to some ligament damage in my thumb- using the lock button on the top is very difficult.
    07-01-12 05:43 PM
214 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD