What does "dim" do on individual contacts in night LED settings?
    When Night LED gets activated, the LED light color you chose will change to dark instead of turning Off. Example, you setup my app to blink blue color when your friend emails you, the dim option will change the color to Dark Blue at night (so the LED light won't disturb you in dark places, like cinema for example)
    04-29-12 05:16 AM
    When Night LED gets activated, the LED light color you chose will change to dark instead of turning Off. Example, you setup my app to blink blue color when your friend emails you, the dim option will change the color to Dark Blue at night (so the LED light won't disturb you in dark places, like cinema for example)
    Thanks!
    I've been using this app for a few weeks and didn't even realize that you can set some contacts/features to have their LED "on" at night and others to be "off" at night. (Dim is a nice feature too.)
    Thanks again for this OUTSTANDING app (and outstanding customer support)!
    04-29-12 06:54 AM
    mmm, makes sense, i will add it to my todo list along with call screen lock to prevent people from accidentally putting others on hold, mute or loud speaker when in a phone call
    So the App will have a complete Auto-Start Manager..
    04-29-12 10:36 AM
    downloaded this today.
    04-29-12 10:56 AM
    So the App will have a complete Auto-Start Manager..
    lol, my answer was about the screen auto locking when it turns off.

i dont think there is a way to prevent apps from starting, maybe kill apps after starting (not even sure if i can do this as well)
    04-29-12 12:45 PM
    downloaded this today.
    Welcome to my kitchen (the one without the sink, lol), sorry i had to write this, still cant get used to the fact that crackberry wrote that unusual (in a nice way) post title to describe my app

In case you dont know what im referring to, here is the post, lol
    crackberry.com/advance-os-and-led-updated
    Springles likes this.
    04-29-12 12:55 PM
    Amazing app! Thank you Sultan for offering it free of charge and for all the work you put in to it.

I am having some difficulty with bbm pop ups. It is not displaying the message when i get a pop up, instead it says something like link bbm contacts. All of my bbm contacts are linked to people in my address book. Is there some other reason why this isnt working properly?
    05-02-12 09:58 AM
    Finally downloaded this... love the wallpaper changer so far. Can't wait to play with all the other features.
    05-02-12 12:39 PM
    Amazing app! Thank you Sultan for offering it free of charge and for all the work you put in to it.

I am having some difficulty with bbm pop ups. It is not displaying the message when i get a pop up, instead it says something like link bbm contacts. All of my bbm contacts are linked to people in my address book. Is there some other reason why this isnt working properly?

in my app, there is a "BBM" feature, if you open it, you will find FAQs and answers, this will guide you to setup the BBM integration with my app.

when popups show unlinked contact, it means that you dont have a pin number for that person in the phone address book. (also, you need to open my app and in the popup feature, click menu then select clear cache if you made changes to the contacts after receiving the first popup from the same contact, the cache is auto cleared when app restarts)

05-02-12 01:56 PM
    Hi,

First of all, thank you for this beautiful and multifunctional application.
    Hope this has not being asked before. I have noticed that the wallpaper changer feature is not working if i restarted the device.

here is my setting :
    SD Card>MultiWallpaper1, i copied all my desired wallpaper into this folder, others are empty.
    Enable Multi-Wallpaper --> On
    Image Sources Folder --> SD Card>MultiWallpaper1
    Image Change Interval --> Screen Off-On
    Stop Wallpaper --> Never

If i restarted my device, the wallpaper will use the last one before i restarted my device. It will not change again until i go into the applications, go to the wallpaper menu, and click the "back to main screen".

My Device : 9900 7.1.0.402

This is not very important issue, i don't mind doing the steps after the reboot, just to let you know about it. Or this might not be any issue at all, just my wrong setting instead.

PS: while at it , might i request a feature to backup auto text/word substitution? since the Desktop Manager nowadays has been messing up the custom auto text.

Thank you for your kind attention.
    you are in luck today, i was well aware of this issue

so i posted an update to app world few hours back, should be approved tomorrow, the update also includes the fix for the wallpaper issue you are experiencing
    I downloaded 12.1.2 today and I have the same thing as the quoted post above. Is 12.1.2 the newest version?
    05-02-12 05:35 PM
    I downloaded 12.1.2 today and I have the same thing as the quoted post above. Is 12.1.2 the newest version?
    yes, 12.1.2 is the newest

it might be that your SD card has encryption turned ON, therefore on device reboot all your pictures have different file extensions.

if this is the case then let me know, and i will try to look for a quick solution for your case
    05-02-12 09:17 PM
    yes, 12.1.2 is the newest

it might be that your SD card has encryption turned ON, therefore on device reboot all your pictures have different file extensions.

if this is the case then let me know, and i will try to look for a quick solution for your case

Encryption is turned off... But a couple months ago I turned it on then off.

I have my device password locked via native lock.

Should I copy my SD card and then reformat it to see if it helps?

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    05-02-12 09:55 PM
    Encryption is turned off... But a couple months ago I turned it on then off.

I have my device password locked via native lock.

Should I copy my SD card and then reformat it to see if it helps?

device locked is not an issue by itself, however if combined with encryption, it becomes a nightmare for many developers as well as the built-in phone app.

you might have device encryption turned OFF, however there is a chance that "Media Card" (lower part of the encryption settings screen) is turned ON. (just double check)

some SD card chips become slow after long time heavy usage, formatting might help, but im not sure if it will fix your issue, since i haven't tried it myself.

tip: every time you open my app, then open wallpaper feature, it will refresh the wallpaper's list of files in my app (or by adding new pictures in multi-wallpaperX folder), thats why it seems that it started to work after opening and closing my app, which means there is something blocking my app from reading your SD card files at phone reboot
    05-02-12 10:08 PM
    device locked is not an issue by itself, however if combined with encryption, it becomes a nightmare for many developers as well as the built-in phone app.

you might have device encryption turned OFF, however there is a chance that "Media Card" (lower part of the encryption settings screen) is turned ON. (just double check)

some SD card chips become slow after long time heavy usage, formatting might help, but im not sure if it will fix your issue, since i haven't tried it myself.

tip: every time you open my app, then open wallpaper feature, it will refresh the wallpaper's list of files in my app (or by adding new pictures in multi-wallpaperX folder), thats why it seems that it started to work after opening and closing my app, which means there is something blocking my app from reading your SD card files at phone reboot

I followed your tip to resolve temporarily.

There is nothing check marked for encryption. Tomorrow at work, I'll copy my SD card, then reformat. Maybe that will help.

Last edited by dustanh; 05-02-12 at 10:52 PM.
    05-02-12 10:15 PM
    I reformatted the SD card and the problem is still there.

Does it matter if compression is enabled?

Last edited by dustanh; 05-03-12 at 04:16 PM.
    05-03-12 04:12 PM
    I reformatted the SD card and the problem is still there.

Does it matter if compression is enabled?
    i never tried compressing my SD card (cause it slows down your mobile ability to read from the SD card by at least 3 times, not recommended), but that is my own technical problem

however, it does make sense to disable it and try, so i would recommend to disable compression and give it a shot, if it still doesnt work, then just re-enable it
    05-04-12 01:15 AM
    I really love this app the the first time I used it I thought app is only for led notification to my surprise its pack of useful feature the backup/restore,merge of contact list is the most I like great job hope to see more update soon.. Btw app is free and that's make it more Awesome!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jedi214; 05-04-12 at 06:12 AM.
    05-04-12 06:10 AM
    i never tried compressing my SD card (cause it slows down your mobile ability to read from the SD card by at least 3 times, not recommended), but that is my own technical problem

however, it does make sense to disable it and try, so i would recommend to disable compression and give it a shot, if it still doesnt work, then just re-enable it

I re-enabled, it didn't work. I disabled, which is normal for me, didn't work.

05-04-12 08:18 AM
    I re-enabled, it didn't work. I disabled, which is normal for me, didn't work.
    this is unusual, it works for millions, except for few people so far, yet your the only one who is providing very helpful info

can you try to use the device memory instead, can be configured from my app "wallpaper" feature.

just for testing purposes, use device memory and put few pictures, and reboot phone.

let me know the outcome
    05-05-12 02:25 AM
    this is unusual, it works for millions, except for few people so far, yet your the only one who is providing very helpful info

can you try to use the device memory instead, can be configured from my app "wallpaper" feature.

just for testing purposes, use device memory and put few pictures, and reboot phone.

let me know the outcome

I switched it to device memory and it works properly. Hmmm.... Could there be file on my SD card blocking the wallpaper switch until I open Advanced OS?

Edit:
    I switched back to SD card and it did not work again.

Last edited by dustanh; 05-05-12 at 09:10 AM.
    05-05-12 08:56 AM
    I switched it to device memory and it works properly. Hmmm.... Could there be file on my SD card blocking the wallpaper switch until I open Advanced OS?

Edit:
    I switched back to SD card and it did not work again.
    ok, many thanks for your feedback, it seems your SD card is not ready at boot time, therefore it cant access the files until my app is fully loaded, which is too late.

therefore, i updated my app to version 12.1.3 (with a workaround) and it is only available from my site, try the update and let me know the outcome
    link: Sultan Al Sooz Website (select facebook download option)
    wolfee48 and anon(1519803) like this.
    05-05-12 01:46 PM
    ok, many thanks for your feedback, it seems your SD card is not ready at boot time, therefore it cant access the files until my app is fully loaded, which is too late.

therefore, i updated my app to version 12.1.3 (with a workaround) and it is only available from my site, try the update and let me know the outcome
    link: Sultan Al Sooz Website (select facebook download option)

Not seeing the download link on the Facebook page.

05-05-12 09:37 PM
    Not seeing the download link on the Facebook page.

there are two ways to download from facebook.

1- using a PC, open facebook page and make sure secure browsing is not enabled ("HTTPS" must be off)

2- using your blackberry or PC, click on the facebook login button and wait for 10 seconds or more (its slow when using your blackberry)

let me know how it goes
    05-06-12 01:46 AM
    there are two ways to download from facebook.

1- using a PC, open facebook page and make sure secure browsing is not enabled ("HTTPS" must be off)

2- using your blackberry or PC, click on the facebook login button and wait for 10 seconds or more (its slow when using your blackberry)

let me know how it goes

12.1.3 did the trick, works as it should on my device.

Thanks for all your help!

05-06-12 11:53 AM
    Would be good to see a battery banner icon feature added
    05-07-12 11:18 AM
156 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD