This is a great app that I haven't even been able to scratch the surface of and I'm already beyond happy with how useful it is thus far.

Also, if you can't tell, the developer is also great! Thanks for the app!
    04-21-12 12:00 PM
    I use this app, it makes it easier to tell which e-mail account my mail is coming to when on silent mode. That way, I look at it and reply if it's needed, or click any links, or delete, etc. Most of my e-mail is from petitions, activism and crackberry, some from youtube and whyweprotest activism forums, the minority is from band commmunication.
    04-21-12 12:41 PM
    I haven't seen it mentioned, but does this app have the ability to enable different led notifications for third party apps like ScoreMobile of MLB12?
    04-21-12 02:38 PM
    I haven't seen it mentioned, but does this app have the ability to enable different led notifications for third party apps like ScoreMobile of MLB12?
    hi

My app can customize anything on your phone that blinks red LED

you have two options to do so:

1- (the easy way) goto my website and click on the available app LED keys link, you can insert these keys directly in my app custom LED section.

2- for new, unknown, or future apps, you can capture the app led key yourself using listening mode( instructions are also available in my app custom LED section).

ScoreMobile app key was submitted by users and already available in my website and facebook fan page to use.

bgriff25 likes this.
    04-21-12 02:51 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. I've been curious about this app for a while now, the truth is that I'm using a couple of apps now that Adv. OS and LED could replace. I'm going to go ahead and give it a try. Would I need to uninstall my other led notification app for Adv. OS to work?
    04-21-12 03:40 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. I've been curious about this app for a while now, the truth is that I'm using a couple of apps now that Adv. OS and LED could replace. I'm going to go ahead and give it a try. Would I need to uninstall my other led notification app for Adv. OS to work?
    While you wouldn't necessarily need to, I would. It makes it easier to verify that all your notifications and LEDs and such are working with Advance OS and LED.
    04-21-12 04:00 PM
    I'm not sure why, but bebuzz cancels my app's LED notification after 2 min, I have also included this in the Help menu that you must delete other LED apps if you get any problems when using LED, disabling will not do, you must delete the other app.
    04-21-12 07:58 PM
    Are you considering maybe allowing us to set a custom LED indicator for an entire contact group (e.g. Blue for Family, Green for Friends, Red for Workmates, etc) ???
    04-22-12 12:46 AM
    Are you considering maybe allowing us to set a custom LED indicator for an entire contact group (e.g. Blue for Family, Green for Friends, Red for Workmates, etc) ???
    Hi,

Contact Groups or Contact Categories ?

Groups dont make sense to me, cause it only allows you to insert one contact number, not a whole contact.

Categories are more easy, just select the contact and link it to a category like work or personal or a custom category you create and all your contact numbers are linked to that category , even if you change the contact numbers, the contact and all its new numbers will still be linked to the same category.

nice idea, i might consider it, since it makes it easier to assign 1 LED setup to many people who belong to the same category
    nOinfoprovided likes this.
    04-22-12 01:51 AM
    Thanks for the quick response, Sultan. I like your idea about Contact Categories. However, I usually use "Groups" to broadcast SMS as I have unlimited texts to contacts using the same network. I don't want to accidentally send SMS to phone numbers of contacts that are of another mobile network. Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know, if I choose categories, I don't think I could send SMS to specific numbers of contacts belonging to the same category.

Anyway, I hope you'll come up with something to fill this request in your later updates!

Thank you so much for a wonderful, full-featured, extremely useful FREE app!

Hi,

Contact Groups or Contact Categories ?

Groups dont make sense to me, cause it only allows you to insert one contact number, not a whole contact.

Categories are more easy, just select the contact and link it to a category like work or personal or a custom category you create and all your contact numbers are linked to that category , even if you change the contact numbers, the contact and all its new numbers will still be linked to the same category.

nice idea, i might consider it, since it makes it easier to assign 1 LED setup to many people who belong to the same category
    04-22-12 03:08 AM
    Hey Sultan, love this app and have recommended it to all my co-workers and Berry user friends.
    I've noticed what I think is a bug in the latest version (12.0.3 on my 9700 running OS 6.0.0.706).
    I have a custom LED for my wife (.1s blink Red, .1s blink Blue, 1s blink Black) and a custom default BBM message (1s mix Blue, 1s blink Black). If I get one BBM message from my wife, her red/blue colour triggers properly. If she sends me a second msg before I have stopped the LED (red/blue) on the first msg, all I get is my default Blue/Black mix.

This is the same for all my contacts w/ contact specific colours and didn't happen in previous versions. Have I messed something up with the settings in the newest version or is this actually a bug?
    04-22-12 03:21 AM

This is the same for all my contacts w/ contact specific colours and didn't happen in previous versions. Have I messed something up with the settings in the newest version or is this actually a bug?
    Its my app problem, not your doing

due to the auto delete bbm chat history feature, i modified the apps code to better delete the files, which seems like the new code doesnt like too many bbm messages coming at the same time from the same person. im still improving my bbm popup code algorithm, expect a major improvement in my next update.

BBM messages are tricky and i pull many info into the popups, like bbm text, picture and contacts info.

send me an email (found in my app's main menu) with your bbm pin number if your interested in testing the improved code, i can add you to my bbm group of testers, since your phone seems to behave differently that the models i used to test version 12.0
    04-22-12 03:51 AM
    thank you for a excellent app once again, i put this on all my blackberrys and save myself about 30.00 per blackberry..thank you, thank you
    04-22-12 04:15 AM
    Hi thanks for the best free app for bb! I have reciently upgraded from v9 to 12 today (for some reason the app was not on my app world list so I didn't see updates until I searched and re-installed it) I have only started messing around in it now (awesome new features btw) and have a question about the new pop up thingy (thingy right?) can I change the coulor? I hate yellow, I like black grey or red much better, HATE yellow thanks
    P.s I see there is a "background bottom color" option that is set to black, what does this change because the popup background is... *shudders*... Yellow.
    Last edited by Sir_Wabbit; 04-22-12 at 04:37 AM.
    04-22-12 04:34 AM
    and have a question about the new pop up thingy (thingy right?) can I change the coulor? I hate yellow, I like black grey or red much better, HATE yellow thanks
    you can call it whatever you like since its on your phone, so you own it

Yellow is the SMS default background color, you can change the popup top & bottom backgrounds and text colors to whatever you like.

just open my app, goto the popup feature, scroll down, look for the SMS word, expand group, again scroll down and look for SMS settings, then change to your preference
    04-22-12 04:41 AM
    Hey Sultan thanks so much for an excellent app that's free too

One question I have is does the LED notifications for email etc work when the phone is locked and in standby (the phone is also encrypted as forced by employer) and that combo seems to have prevented every other app from using the LED notification when it's locked and in standby?

Thanks again
    04-22-12 06:09 AM
    Hey Sultan thanks so much for an excellent app that's free too

One question I have is does the LED notifications for email etc work when the phone is locked and in standby (the phone is also encrypted as forced by employer) and that combo seems to have prevented every other app from using the LED notification when it's locked and in standby?

Thanks again
    you are well informed

i also have a password forced by IT admins, but i dont encrypt the device, you can encrypt the memory card, but not the device memory (this is a RIM restriction on emails and 3rd party apps)

i have also included this information in my app's Help menu
    04-22-12 06:19 AM
    you are well informed

i also have a password forced by IT admins, but i dont encrypt the device, you can encrypt the memory card, but not the device memory (this is a RIM restriction on emails and 3rd party apps)

i have also included this information in my app's Help menu
    Wow amazingly quick reply Thanks!

My IT policy pushed to the device forces encryption to the device which is locked and cannot be changed, does that mean that the app won't trigger especially for email when the device is locked and in standby then
    04-22-12 06:25 AM
    Wow amazingly quick reply Thanks!

My IT policy pushed to the device forces encryption to the device which is locked and cannot be changed, does that mean that the app won't trigger especially for email when the device is locked and in standby then
    im sorry, you wont be able to have the LED nor Popups feature when your phone locks since you have device memory encrypted, but thats the least of your worries, let me explain since i now know the bb OS inside out

what else do you think gets affected, your contact list is another problem, not just for 3rd party apps, even native phone app has issues. for example when your phone is password locked and you get a call from a contact on your phone, most probably you wont be able to see the contacts name calling, just a number as if it is an unknown number.

the above happens randomly, but it happens on many phone models (if not all). if it does happen to you, you must show it to your IT admins and explain that they must not enable both polices at the same time (just password lock and SD card encryption should be safe).

hope this helps you and others understand the reasons behind contact's info not showing when you get a phone call
    04-22-12 06:38 AM
    im sorry, you wont be able to have the LED nor Popups feature when your phone locks since you have device memory encrypted, but thats the least of your worries, let me explain since i now know the bb OS inside out

what else do you think gets affected, your contact list is another problem, not just for 3rd party apps, even native phone app has issues. for example when your phone is password locked and you get a call from a contact on your phone, most probably you wont be able to see the contacts name calling, just a number as if it is an unknown number.

the above happens randomly, but it happens on many phone models (if not all). if it does happen to you, you must show it to your IT admins and explain that they must not enable both polices at the same time (just password lock and SD card encryption should be safe).

hope this helps you and others understand the reasons behind contact's info not showing when you get a phone call
    omg you're right! I don't see who is calling if I get a call when it's locked and one of my colleagues was complaining about that last week too! A wee trip to my IT dept tomorrow I think is definitely needed!!

Thanks so much, you are so knowledgeable and helpful. Not holding much hope for the draconian IT dept but can only keep my fingers crossed!!
    04-22-12 06:41 AM
    I'd also like to thank you Sultan. I shifted to your program some time ago and am very pleased.

The one feature that I miss from BeBuzz is that reminders are linked to profiles. Allow me to explain.

I monitor two e-mail accounts; one personal and one work account. (Interestingly the personal account is on BES and the work account is BIS.) I also had sounds set so if ignored an initial alert for e-mail or BBM or SMS it would repeat the sound two minutes later to remind me I'd missed something.

I use ProfilerX to switch profiles at work-hours so I no longer get audible alerts for work e-mail after 5:15pm, until just before work starts the next day.

With BeBuzz, I was able to set the LED pattern and sound pattern for that "MeTime" profile to silent and no light. Further, I could do the same for the reminder sound.

The one feature missing (for me) with AOSL is the reminder change. My sounds for work e-mail stop after work's done but the LED and reminder sound plays (of course), because it's universal for all alert types.

What I'm looking for is to be able to still get reminded that I missed a personal e-mail or a BBM or SMS, but work e-mail should be invisible to me until morning.

Any possibility of re-working the reminder notifications some day? Not urgent; take your time off by all means, but I figure if I don't ask, it'll never happen.

Thanks again.
    04-22-12 08:46 AM
    What I'm looking for is to be able to still get reminded that I missed a personal e-mail or a BBM or SMS, but work e-mail should be invisible to me until morning.
    ok, tell me if i understand everything correctly.

my app's "Alert Me" feature is limited to 1 alert linked to profiles, you would like to have another "Alert Me" sound profile so you can have two alerts, one for work and one for personal ?
    04-22-12 08:59 AM
    Lol thanks for the help, damn I was dumb, didn't expand the other options so didn't see the options I wanted, got the popup colors looking good.
    THANKS AGAIN FOR THE BEST FREE APP AND THE GOOD SUPPORT
    04-22-12 09:47 AM
    With BeBuzz's lack of any kind of support, I decided to give this app a try and I have to see I'm impressed. A little overwhelmed by all the options, but overall I am impressed. A couple of questions that have me wondering what they do...

Under LED Light there's an option labeled "Enabled Timed LED". What does this actually do, kill the LED after the set time?

Also when a popup shows and I use the "Reply" button, I'm asked if I want to use an autotext or not. After selecting the no autotext I'm actually shown the Advanced OS and LED app before I'm presented with the reply screen. Is this normal?
    04-22-12 01:16 PM
    Under LED Light there's an option labeled "Enabled Timed LED". What does this actually do, kill the LED after the set time?
    yes, it controls the time you want the LED to stay ON until it stops the LED (but bebuzz app stops my app LED after 2 min, so you must delete it, disabling wont help)

Also when a popup shows and I use the "Reply" button, I'm asked if I want to use an autotext or not. After selecting the no autotext I'm actually shown the Advanced OS and LED app before I'm presented with the reply screen. Is this normal?
    ok, i assume you mean SMS popups, then yes, SMS and Email replies requires the calling app to be visible before they show up, so its normal
    04-22-12 01:23 PM
156 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD