this app is all about what people want to see in their phones, and so far i've added everything requested by practically anyone, lol.

however after version 12, i will take a small break from coding, i think i've become a problem maker and an eyesore for many devs, which is really not what my intentions are.

however, a housekeeping app, that i would love to have for myself
    Sultan,

I feel left out . My requests for auto run (i.e., to start an app when the phone reboots) and volume/lock keys be convenience keys haven't been added to this wonderful app. I understand that the convenience key feature would require OS 5+ and that you currently still support OS 4.x. Maybe next upgrade, after your break, the app would have these features? ... Is your break over?
    04-16-12 05:22 PM
    Just got the upgrade notice that version 12.0.3 available!
    Thanks for this great app and all your hard work Sultan Al Sooz
    04-16-12 08:32 PM
    Just got the upgrade notice that version 12.0.3 available!
    Thanks for this great app and all your hard work Sultan Al Sooz
    I was just about to post the same here

The new version is up and can be downloaded from app world or my site, go check out the new powerful contacts manager feature and the other new features as well.

Note: i have also redefined the add new number feature after phone calls, it will display the name if it is an existing contact, or ask you to enter the name, then select the number slot (empty or you can override available numbers), and the contact will be created (the fastest way to add contact's numbers you will ever experience).

bklyneddie, wu-wei and tsells like this.
    04-16-12 10:13 PM
    All this.....for FREE?? Where have I been, I definitely gonna give it a go, WOW.
    04-16-12 10:27 PM
    This app is best described in 1 word, AWESOME! I just installed the update and cannot believe everything this app can do. You are in a class by yourself with this one. As soon as I saw everything this app can do I deleted BeBuzz, which I have used for quite some time, and reset everything to your creation. Many, many thanks and even more appreciation!
    04-17-12 12:57 AM
    Amazing update - I love the wall paper changer feature!
    I still don't get how you can offer all of this for free... you must be slightly mad!

Please don't stop developing; I have found a use for *every* update you have released thus far.

The true swiss army knife of applications I have come across.

On a side note, I had to run the duplicate contact finder twice for it to completely get rid of duplicates - not sure if that is expected or not.
    04-17-12 04:16 AM
    On a side note, I had to run the duplicate contact finder twice for it to completely get rid of duplicates - not sure if that is expected or not.
    Yes, in most cases, only 1 duplicate of the same contact will be found, however if you have 2 duplicates for the same contact, you will have to run it twice.

The power in my app is not the merge duplicate as an option, its the merge duplicates speed (algorithm), in 90% cases, only 1 run would merge all duplicates

I added the view duplicates feature so people can check if they do have duplicates before and after running the merge duplicates ( that gives you a good idea of how many duplicates you had for 1 contact, if you still had a duplicate after running the merge, that means the same contact had more than 1 duplicates).
    04-17-12 04:34 AM
    The View Duplicates option is brilliant. Some duplicates cannot simply be merged, but need to be fixed individually and manually. This option allows me to that.
    04-17-12 05:53 AM
    The View Duplicates option is brilliant. Some duplicates cannot simply be merged, but need to be fixed individually and manually. This option allows me to that.
    Also you might want to know that the merge feature is a smart one

i built it with pure human logic, lets say you have Contact A and Contact B

Contact A
    Name= SULTAN
    Mobile= 12345
    home= 0000

Contact B (A duplicate)
    Name = sultan (small letters)
    Mobile=54321 (different number, but same field)
    home=0000 (same number and same field)

Contact merged
    Name= SULTAN
    Mobile= 12345
    Mobile2= 54321 (added field to preserve the extra number found)
    home= 0000

hope you got the point that you will never loose the number, the feature will make sure all numbers are preserved (even different numbers which are in the same field) and will not copy the number twice if it was in the same field and same number

hope i wasn't too technical.
    04-17-12 06:20 AM
    THANK YOU for the update...

Now I think I can ditch the QuickLauch all together... But suggestions would be:
    1. An option to view device info on a window (such as battery level, OS version, app version, PIN, MIME, SIM etc)
    2. An option for scheduled reboot (like the one they have on QL and MeterBerry)

If those come in to this app, I will delete the QL for sure.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 04-17-12 at 09:07 AM.
    04-17-12 06:59 AM
    But hay, is there an option where I can check the device OS version and other stuff with lick of a button? (Device info)
    you can do more than that with iLaunch

i guess some people are still not familiar with my coding style, i might seem to have provided similar features to other apps (obviously i will not reinvent the whole wheel) , but in everything i do, i provide something you have never seen before, even if it is as small as Mute vibration in calls, or vibration noise cancellation for call connect, or my favorite MIX LED effect which no other app does, all other LED apps just know how to blink.

so why am i saying all this, its cause of the iLaunch feature , i will not reinvent blackberry OS, but instead i will merge my app with it, hence the name Adv OS.

this is an old image, but every blackberry device has HELP ME with full device info. so what does iLaunch have to do with all of this, simply using iLaunch you can launch any alt- key shortcut, which in turn launches the above screen, with no memory or CPU draining when the app pulls all this info, and its fast, and the higher the OS the more info you see

here is how you setup iLaunch to show you all Device Info with a click of 2 buttons :

open my app> open iLaunch feature > scroll down and open 'Custom Actions' > click 'Add New' > Select 'Homescreen' as the app > scroll down to 'Add Action'.

for HELP ME (Device Info) to show, you need the following alt-key combination in homescreen : hold 'Alt' key + 'e' + 'a' + 'c' + 'e'.

now back to my app, in 'Add Action' just select the same keys above (without releasing the alt key). once done, hit the try button and watch your mobile show you what you are asking for

sorry for the long post, i just felt like making people aware of what they might have been missing (especially experts and power users)
    mssca, HUTCH66 and tsells like this.
    04-17-12 09:41 AM
    Also you might want to know that the merge feature is a smart one

i built it with pure human logic, lets say you have Contact A and Contact B

Contact A
    Name= SULTAN
    Mobile= 12345
    home= 0000

Contact B (A duplicate)
    Name = sultan (small letters)
    Mobile=54321 (different number, but same field)
    home=0000 (same number and same field)

Contact merged
    Name= SULTAN
    Mobile= 12345
    Mobile2= 54321 (added field to preserve the extra number found)
    home= 0000

hope you got the point that you will never loose the number, the feature will make sure all numbers are preserved (even different numbers which are in the same field) and will not copy the number twice if it was in the same field and same number

hope i wasn't too technical.
    Interesting question. AT&T backs up it's own contact list, which restores as usable, but not as the Blackberry default. Does AO&L merge as default or is there a setting to specify, so the AT&T record doesn't become the one merged to?
    04-17-12 10:15 AM
    Interesting question. AT&T backs up it's own contact list, which restores as usable, but not as the Blackberry default. Does AO&L merge as default or is there a setting to specify, so the AT&T record doesn't become the one merged to?
    yes it does, and i thought no one will ask

check attachment.
    04-17-12 01:16 PM
    you can do more than that with iLaunch

i guess some people are still not familiar with my coding style, i might seem to have provided similar features to other apps (obviously i will not reinvent the whole wheel) , but in everything i do, i provide something you have never seen before, even if it is as small as Mute vibration in calls, or vibration noise cancellation for call connect, or my favorite MIX LED effect which no other app does, all other LED apps just know how to blink.

so why am i saying all this, its cause of the iLaunch feature , i will not reinvent blackberry OS, but instead i will merge my app with it, hence the name Adv OS.

Click to view quoted image

this is an old image, but every blackberry device has HELP ME with full device info. so what does iLaunch have to do with all of this, simply using iLaunch you can launch any alt- key shortcut, which in turn launches the above screen, with no memory or CPU draining when the app pulls all this info, and its fast, and the higher the OS the more info you see

here is how you setup iLaunch to show you all Device Info with a click of 2 buttons :

open my app> open iLaunch feature > scroll down and open 'Custom Actions' > click 'Add New' > Select 'Homescreen' as the app > scroll down to 'Add Action'.

for HELP ME (Device Info) to show, you need the following alt-key combination in homescreen : hold 'Alt' key + 'e' + 'a' + 'c' + 'e'.

now back to my app, in 'Add Action' just select the same keys above (without releasing the alt key). once done, hit the try button and watch your mobile show you what you are asking for

sorry for the long post, i just felt like making people aware of what they might have been missing (especially experts and power users)
    OMG it work, it work and it workkkkkk! WOW, this is awesome.....
    04-17-12 01:34 PM
    Is it possible to add <-del key to the list of keys? This way I can make a iLaunch item that will go ALT+SHIFT+DEL for reboot!
    04-17-12 02:02 PM
    Is it possible to add <-del key to the list of keys? This way I can make a iLaunch item that will go ALT+SHIFT+DEL for reboot!
    lol, unfortunately you cant have a 3 key combination at the same time (alt+shift can never be used at the same time), RIM restriction, and 3rd party apps limitation.

i thought about it, tried as well so many different ways to bypass or hack my way into this limitation, but could not.

the reason i didnt add the reboot feature, its cause of the phone password lock in many phones (like mine), and also the hack required to implement the feature is ugly, and would not work most of the time.

im still looking into finding a better way to reboot the device, however i wont make any promises i cant keep
    mssca likes this.
    04-17-12 02:14 PM
    I was just about to post the same here

The new version is up and can be downloaded from app world or my site, go check out the new powerful contacts manager feature and the other new features as well.

Note: i have also redefined the add new number feature after phone calls, it will display the name if it is an existing contact, or ask you to enter the name, then select the number slot (empty or you can override available numbers), and the contact will be created (the fastest way to add contact's numbers you will ever experience).

Click to view quoted image
    I used this feature just this morning and I was amazed at how smooth it was...I was pleasantly surprised to stumble upon the new interface.
    04-17-12 02:40 PM
    Sultan,
    I finally downloaded your app a couple of days ago and I've got to say that it is better than any other app of its kind. (And you actually provide excellent service that is missing from the other LED Buzz app!) Thank you for all of your hard work.

One problem I am having is that I cannot get the battery charging light to stay on continiously while charging. It stops blinking after 2 or 3 minutes.

My settings are:
    LED Light-On
    Enable Timed LED-3H
    Stop LED When-User Activity
    Stop LED in All Menus-ON

Please advise what I am doing wrong.
    Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I FOUND THE PROBLEM.
    I WENT TO YOUR "HELP" LINK AND SAW THAT I NEEDED TO DELETE THE OTHER LED APP THAT WAS ON MY DEVICE (EVEN THOUGH IT WAS DISABLED). SO BEBUZZ IS NOW DELETED AND THIS APP IS WORKING GREAT!
    Last edited by tsells; 04-17-12 at 09:23 PM.
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    04-17-12 06:40 PM
    Is there way when a pop up comes in (I have pop up for SMS only), I can get rid of the taping on the X and then going back and tapping again function? Idk if I confused or not... (It even come up with the message this is done to prevent accidental closing of pop-ups)

Basically is there an option in settings to set the pop up close as soon as I hit the X on the left top corner without hitting X and then another one two times?

Thanks and sorry for asking so many things from you specially when the app is free.
    04-17-12 08:30 PM
    Is there way when a pop up comes in (I have pop up for SMS only), I can get rid of the taping on the X and then going back and tapping again function? Idk if I confused or not... (It even come up with the message this is done to prevent accidental closing of pop-ups)

Basically is there an option in settings to set the pop up close as soon as I hit the X on the left top corner without hitting X and then another one two times?

Thanks and sorry for asking so many things from you specially when the app is free.
    the X button (and the del key) are both designed to close the popup without any confirmation

the only time you will get to confirm is when using the Escape key, and for SMS when using the 'Mrk' Mark as Read button ( and 'm' key) .

if you are using my popups feature, i would highly recommend to hit the 'h' key when a popup is visible and read the shortcuts key list
    04-17-12 09:33 PM
    I don't get this app...it's free, no ads, so how is the developer making money? Will he start charging for upgrades? I would like to know what the plan are to make money on this app before I install it.
    04-18-12 12:31 AM
    I don't get this app...it's free, no ads, so how is the developer making money? Will he start charging for upgrades? I would like to know what the plan are to make money on this app before I install it.

1st, you can install this app latest version since its free, it doesnt matter nor change the fact that this version will stay free for life.

2nd, i was asked this question a million times and still get asked everyday, and my simple answer is, it will stay free with no ads, no restrictions, no connection, nothing at all.

3rd, as for my plans in the future for this app in terms of money, i dont think you realize how many people smile everyday cause of my app, all CB users are less than 1% of my app users, do you expect me to take away this smile by forcing them to pay, think again

4th, Why am i doing this ? i enjoy it, why else
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 04-18-12 at 01:37 AM.
    04-18-12 01:32 AM
    Can AOSL re-assign the volume buttons when music is not being played?
    04-18-12 02:17 PM
    Can AOSL re-assign the volume buttons when music is not being played?
    Not yet
    SalmonFrisby likes this.
    04-18-12 08:58 PM
    Not yet
    Yes. If you can enhance the Instant Launch by adding the feature to reassign the volume, mute keys it would be great!
    04-19-12 03:02 PM
156 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD