I just downloaded the Adv OS and LED and love the program except for one issue. I set the LED to flash for SMS messages and it flashes for regular SMS messages, but it will not flash when I receive voicemail SMS messages. Is there a separate setting that I have missed for this? I would like my LED to flash for all SMS messages, if possible.
    10-15-12 03:36 PM
    I just downloaded the Adv OS and LED and love the program except for one issue. I set the LED to flash for SMS messages and it flashes for regular SMS messages, but it will not flash when I receive voicemail SMS messages. Is there a separate setting that I have missed for this? I would like my LED to flash for all SMS messages, if possible.
    If voice mail or any other app do not have an LED settings in Adv OS & LED, but the voice mail or app do have a ringtone and an LED (the default red), then you can use Adv OS & LED to capture the LED for that app and customize it to your needs.

to customize any app's LED, you have to open Adv OS & LED, open LED & Ringtone feature, then open "Customize More Apps", and click on any of the empty LED slots, from this point on, the app will guide you to what you need to do
    10-16-12 05:57 AM
    I do not use an ap for voicemail. I'm talking about the carrier-generated text messages that notify me of a new voice mail. When I do not use the Adv OS and LED program (and just use the default red LED that comes with the BB), the LED will flash red for regular text messages and the carrier-generated text messages when I set the text messages setting to on. When I use the Adv OS and LED program and set the LED to flash for SMS messages, it only flashes for regular text messages and it does not flash for the carrier-generated text messages. Why doesn't it treat the two the same? Is there a separate area to set the LED to flash for "all other" text messages?
    10-16-12 09:23 AM
    I do not use an ap for voicemail. I'm talking about the carrier-generated text messages that notify me of a new voice mail. When I do not use the Adv OS and LED program (and just use the default red LED that comes with the BB), the LED will flash red for regular text messages and the carrier-generated text messages when I set the text messages setting to on. When I use the Adv OS and LED program and set the LED to flash for SMS messages, it only flashes for regular text messages and it does not flash for the carrier-generated text messages. Why doesn't it treat the two the same? Is there a separate area to set the LED to flash for "all other" text messages?
    Just treat voice mail SMS like another app, just follow what "Customize More Apps" tells you
    10-16-12 10:25 AM
    I tried the customized ap multiple times and it never stops "listening" even after receiving the text notification. The alternative would be to set the LED to flash for all missed calls, but I don't understand why the LED won't flash for all text messages like the default BB LED does.
    10-16-12 01:42 PM
    I tried the customized ap multiple times and it never stops "listening" even after receiving the text notification. The alternative would be to set the LED to flash for all missed calls, but I don't understand why the LED won't flash for all text messages like the default BB LED does.
    i usually have an answer on the spot, but i dont have voice mail services, so i dont fully understand what you are receiving and why is it an SMS message without blinking SMS LED from my app ?

maybe a screenshot of the actual Voice Mail Message can help me understand better.
    10-17-12 12:22 AM
    I have attached three different print screens. One shows how the voicemail text messages come in like a regular text message. One shows when you open the voicemail text message, what it looks like. The final one shows you what it looks like when you open a regular text message. When I use the default LED setting within the sound profiles, the red LED will flash for both of these types of messages by turning the "text messages" option to on. I wonder if these are somehow different than regular SMS text messages even though they appear in the same way? Either way, I would think since the default LED treats them the same, there must be a way for the Adv OS and LED to treat them the same as well. Thank you for the help!!
    Last edited by asmith6519; 10-17-12 at 12:40 PM.
    10-17-12 11:12 AM
    I have attached three different print screens. One shows how the voicemail text messages come in like a regular text message. One shows when you open the voicemail text message, what it looks like. The final one shows you what it looks like when you open a regular text message. When I use the default LED setting within the sound profiles, the red LED will flash for both of these types of messages by turning the "text messages" option to on. I wonder if these are somehow different than regular SMS text messages even though they appear in the same way? Either way, I would think since the default LED treats them the same, there must be a way for the Adv OS and LED to treat them the same as well. Thank you for the help!!
    Attachment 123261
    Attachment 123262
    Attachment 123260
    Try changing visual voice mail sound alert in your phones sound profiles, see if this is your voice mail.
    10-17-12 12:07 PM
    I'm sorry I don't understand...there isn't a visual voice mail sound alert in my phone sound profiles. There is only a "text messages" visual alert and when I set this to on, the LED flashes for both regular text messages and the voicemail text messages.
    10-17-12 12:44 PM
    I'm sorry I don't understand...there isn't a visual voice mail sound alert in my phone sound profiles. There is only a "text messages" visual alert and when I set this to on, the LED flashes for both regular text messages and the voicemail text messages.
    Ok, enable popups feature and let me know what popup shows when you get a voice mail.
    10-17-12 09:32 PM
    When I enable popups for sms messages, popups only happen when I get a regular text message and are not generated for the voicemail text messages.
    10-18-12 12:21 PM
    When I enable popups for sms messages, popups only happen when I get a regular text message and are not generated for the voicemail text messages.
    then i think your getting them as MMS, my app does not see MMS by default, the only way left is to try and listen to voice mail messages using "customize more apps" section in the LED feature. if you still cant get it to work, then my app cannot see your voicemail messages.
    10-18-12 11:10 PM