Hi, Just bought 2.0 off your website and having some major issues. I have already e-mailed bellshare and went on their forums and have not received any responses, so I am coming to you guys.

Issue #1: Upon trying to register, using the activation code provided in the e-mail, it gives me this message: "Activation failed, could not connect to the bellshare license servers. class java.lang.nullpointerexceptionnull". I am using the updated activation code, and I am sure I typed it in correctly. I doubt it, but perhaps you gave me a faulty activation code?

Furthermore, when I went into the free trial version just to check it out - it did not locate my GPS, and when I typed in my hometown (which previously worked) - it told me that the location couldn't be found. It also says this for New York City, so it obviously has nothing to do with my hometown. My GPS works fine on google maps so it is not a GPS issue. What's going on and how can I fix this?

My OS is 4.6.0.304, I downloaded the one under 4.6.

I paid $15 for this and expect it to function. Please let me know what you can do to fix this.

Thanks
    12-09-09 06:27 PM
    Unfortunately these are all issues that need to be taken up with the developer, and not issues with CrackBerry or the App Store. You will need to wait for an answer from BellShare, sorry.
    12-09-09 06:49 PM
    Okay. Does that mean that they just pass on the activation code to you guys, who then distribute it to the buyers? In other words - the faulty activation code, if that is the case, would be their fault?
    12-09-09 06:52 PM
    Okay. Does that mean that they just pass on the activation code to you guys, who then distribute it to the buyers? In other words - the faulty activation code, if that is the case, would be their fault?
    Do you have a data plan? If you typed in the code right (and assuming you provided the right PIN) it should work fine. That's the only thing I can think of about why it can't connect to Bellshare servers. Try changing the transport settings to WiFi (if you're in WiFi coverage) or TCP.

Regarding the GPS problem, it's most likely a server side issue, and it should be resolved by now. They were overloaded with 2.0 came out and there was lots of working being done prepping for the 1.6 upgrade as well. I just tried GPS locating now and it works.

If you still need support, go here for activation issues.
    12-09-09 07:15 PM
    Like I said, everything is on them. Granted you purchased the item through our App Store, but any issues beyond the initial transaction need to be directed to the developer.
    12-09-09 07:18 PM
    Hi, Just bought 2.0 off your website and having some major issues. I have already e-mailed bellshare and went on their forums and have not received any responses, so I am coming to you guys.

Issue #1: Upon trying to register, using the activation code provided in the e-mail, it gives me this message: "Activation failed, could not connect to the bellshare license servers. class java.lang.nullpointerexceptionnull". I am using the updated activation code, and I am sure I typed it in correctly. I doubt it, but perhaps you gave me a faulty activation code?

Furthermore, when I went into the free trial version just to check it out - it did not locate my GPS, and when I typed in my hometown (which previously worked) - it told me that the location couldn't be found. It also says this for New York City, so it obviously has nothing to do with my hometown. My GPS works fine on google maps so it is not a GPS issue. What's going on and how can I fix this?

My OS is 4.6.0.304, I downloaded the one under 4.6.

I paid $15 for this and expect it to function. Please let me know what you can do to fix this.

Thanks
    I have been having the same issues for the past week or so. I actually got a response from them reassuring me that they would take care of it. Then early this afternoon I got an automated message stating that since they hadn't heard from me (duh!!) that they assume the issue has been resolved. What???

They have posted the wrong activation code (it's actually for version 1.x and I have version 2.x) and their message early this morning acknowledged that. Hmmm... I sent another very firm and assertive message requesting a resolution... Still waiting
    12-09-09 07:19 PM
    Thank you all for the responses. Yes, I have a data plan. I have tried all transports and they all produce the same error message. Unfortunately, I don't think they gave me a license code for 1.x because its about 6 digits longer than the code for 1.x. So I don't know what the problem is, but hopefully I will hear back from them and if they have a solution I'll throw it on here.

The concerning thing is that when I enter the free trial, nothing works - no GPS, no locations, nothing. If anyone else has had this problem and resolved it I'd appreciate the solution.
    12-09-09 07:43 PM
    Like I said, everything is on them. Granted you purchased the item through our App Store, but any issues beyond the initial transaction need to be directed to the developer.
    As a preventive measure, to ensure the fairness and a sense of security to your loyal registered members, the app store/crackberry should have pin numbers/contact info of anyone selling anything on your site so in the event a developer decides to screw or not respond back to someone, or any other problems, crackberry can pin them demanding they take action or you will pull their products till matters are resolved...

Sorta like how eBay and PayPal work taking sellers financial info..
    12-09-09 07:58 PM
    Thank you all for the responses. Yes, I have a data plan. I have tried all transports and they all produce the same error message. Unfortunately, I don't think they gave me a license code for 1.x because its about 6 digits longer than the code for 1.x. So I don't know what the problem is, but hopefully I will hear back from them and if they have a solution I'll throw it on here.

The concerning thing is that when I enter the free trial, nothing works - no GPS, no locations, nothing. If anyone else has had this problem and resolved it I'd appreciate the solution.
    The license codes are indeed longer in 2.0. There is a new licensing system in place. Did you go to the link I supplied you with? You should be able to recover the code no problem.

Also, check that all your permissions are set to allow for BerryWeather. If they are not, BW won't be able to access your location (and come to think of it, possibly not your internet connection. Could be why it won't connect to their servers.) The fact that nothing works/updates leads me to believe this may be the problem. Verify that they are all set to allow.
    12-09-09 09:32 PM
    it told me that the location couldn't be found. It also says this for New York City
    Berryweather considers New York City to be sort of a backwater hick town.
    12-09-09 09:45 PM
    No problems here.
    12-09-09 09:49 PM
    If you're beyond the trial period, all of the problems you are experiencing can be explained by not having gotten the registration code to work. Did you install the trial more than once or let 3 days lapse? And I second the recommendation to make sure all permissions are set to Allow.

If you feel like it's time to make a stink publicly to try to speed response, I'd do it in the Bellshare forums. I too have found them slow to respond to emails asking questions, but questions there usually get answered, and users there are helpful too. When a registration code I purchased from MobiHand failed to show up in my App Store mobile app, I contacted MobiHand customer support via email, and they responded on the same day with a way to obtain the code I was looking for, so you might look into that route too. If the code shows up in your MobiHand account though, this is definitely an issue that needs to be taken to Bellshare.

And why did you pay $15 for a $10 app?
    12-09-09 10:03 PM
    Berryweather uses Weather Underground now, so unless every single reporting weather station in and around NYC is treating NYC like a hick town, your claim doesn't make any sense. You can even switch stations within each location, so if you want a second opinion, you're in luck... it's built-in.

I'd go complain to the hobbyists at wunderground.com if you think they're treating your city unfairly.
    12-09-09 10:08 PM
    Calm down I was joking
    12-09-09 10:33 PM
    As a preventive measure, to ensure the fairness and a sense of security to your loyal registered members, the app store/crackberry should have pin numbers/contact info of anyone selling anything on your site so in the event a developer decides to screw or not respond back to someone, or any other problems, crackberry can pin them demanding they take action or you will pull their products till matters are resolved...

Sorta like how eBay and PayPal work taking sellers financial info..
    I agree and don't take this as an attack vs. Crackberry but I do believe that if Crackberry is advertising, selling and profiting off a product- I would assume that this means that they stand by the products quality and the makers customer service and should assume some sort of responsibility of @least contacting the makers of the product and request that it be fixed asap. In other words lighting a fire in support of their loyal registered users and customers.

I'd hate to believe and would be extremely disappointed if Crackberry stands solely behind the response " contact the developer..its not our problem".

Again this is not a flame and is just my 2 cents. I do hope that Crackberry does understand that all we, their loyal registered crackberrians and customers are asking is that they help in contacting and assuring as much as possible that the developer is working on the issues of their product.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 12:58 AM
    Just to throw two cents in here - I think everyone is asking a little too much from CB here. Yeah, you went through CB to buy BerryWeather, but you did not 'buy' the product from them. You in fact bought it through Mobihand/Mobireach who is the processor this developer selected to list his/her product on. Yes, CB does make money off sales through their storefront, but you also have access to CB for free. They have to fund this site in some way, be it advertising or the storefront or...

Lastly, to ask CB to personally handle all problems someone might have with a purchase through the storefront is insane. They obviously will not be knowledgeable about every product or have to handle the problem... nor should they. You should always contact the developer and if that fails contact the processor which in this case would be Mobihand/Mobireach.

There is no doubt in my mind that if there was a program which was causing numerous problems for the members of this site that CB would make notice to Mobihand IF they had not already taken care of the problem themselves, but to ask CB to be responsible in any way more than that is waaaay toooo much to ask of them.

... and the reason why PayPal and eBay work soo much better these days than prior is because eBay bought PayPal. Things were not as smooth in the early days.
    12-10-09 01:36 AM
    if Crackberry is advertising, selling and profiting off a product- I would assume that this means that they stand by the products quality
    eheheeheheh!! Crackberry is a middleman. They take a percentage of dough that flows through them. They have little responsibility other than paying for bandwidth and keeping their site working. It's a plum position to be in, fo' sho'.
    12-10-09 02:03 AM
    I don't believe anyone is asking Cb to be fully responsible, a refund or to resolve the issue themselves. All that is being asked is for CB's support as a result due to the developers poor customer service and as a common courtesy to support its customers/ registered users. CB can support by trying to get a response from the developer. Cb is an awesome site in getting info on unreleased products and reviewing mobile software. That same power can be used to generate some response from a developer.

Mobihand may be the processor but it is CB's website, store front with CB's name and rep on it as a 3rd party vendor and customer/ registered user base.

Yes, CB is a free blog that provides and depends on its user base to provide info and content to the site. That being said we are all contributors. So in the end nothing is free. We are traffic that generates income and info.

Again no one is asking for CB to bend over and take backshots. All that is being asked is for some support in getting a responce on what's going on.

12-10-09 02:11 AM
    Hey, you're preaching to the choir. I have no love for huge money-making internet forum sites. They get so paranoid about their cash flow that they squelch a lot of critical speech. I've been banned from my share of them and will probably eventually be banned from this site for something I say that doesn't contribute to their bottom line.

But you have to be realistic. Ain't to way CB is going to take responsibility for anything it doesn't have to.
    12-10-09 05:51 AM
    The thing is, Bellshare is slow to respond BECAUSE they get a large volume of emails. Having some mods from a forum barking at you isn't going to make it any easier to get through the huge mass of email. What Bellshare could probably use is a bigger staff.

As far as penalizing developers like Bellshare because they took too long to get back to a CB forum poster who bought one of their products from a MobiHad storefront on CB, it ain't gonna happen. Bellshare's software is enormously popular, and MANY more people are happy with the apps than upset. Lets say for a second that moderators at CB really did decide to pitch a fit until MobiHand kicked Bellshare off their site... then a ton of users would have one fewer place to get something they see talked up by all these other CrackBerry users and it casts everyone in a bad light.

I'm not saying it's okay for you to be ignored as a customer, nor am I saying this is a bad place to express it if you feel you've been wronged. By all means, share your opinion so others can weigh it when making their own purchasing decisions. But the developers are the ones that failed to get you a working code, either by a mistake on their part or a problem interfacing with MobiHand. Both Bellshare and MobiHand have support email addresses. If Bellshare isn't getting to theirs fast enough, they have their own forums specifically dealing with issues users of their software are encountering.

So tell us all about your experience buying from them and compare your notes with other users who also post on CrackBerry. But if there's an issue with the software you bought, the developers need to fix it. If there's an issue with the way MobiHand processed or is tracking your purchase, they need to fix it. The moderators here have absolutely nothing to do with either process.
    12-10-09 05:59 AM
    I don't believe anyone is asking Cb to be fully responsible, a refund or to resolve the issue themselves. All that is being asked is for CB's support as a result due to the developers poor customer service and as a common courtesy to support its customers/ registered users. CB can support by trying to get a response from the developer. Cb is an awesome site in getting info on unreleased products and reviewing mobile software. That same power can be used to generate some response from a developer.

Mobihand may be the processor but it is CB's website, store front with CB's name and rep on it as a 3rd party vendor and customer/ registered user base.

Yes, CB is a free blog that provides and depends on its user base to provide info and content to the site. That being said we are all contributors. So in the end nothing is free. We are traffic that generates income and info.

Again no one is asking for CB to bend over and take backshots. All that is being asked is for some support in getting a responce on what's going on.

Very well put!!!! 100%
    12-10-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD