OK, I read the thread about the beta testers of addonis pro, I think it's time to release first version of addonis pro

This is the first release of AddOnis Pro, we added the following new features:

1. New firewall engine. Now the firewall suports unlimited firewall profiles, each profile can be configured as:
    a. profile type: blacklist, whitelist or addressbook only
    b. profile action: hangup, pickup and hangup.
    c. block unknown number or private number.
    d. after reject call, send back a sms.

2. ADVANCED SMS/EMail signature, now you can config sms or email signature to different people!
    a. signature profile suport three 4 type of match mode:
    1) entire number or address, for example: 122345678 or [email protected]
    2) match last part of the number or address, for example: *@host.com
    3) match first part of the number or address, for example: user@*
    4) match all number or address, for example: *
    b. a signature profile that contains "*" works as default signature.
    c. also, addonis pro can support unlimited signature profile, each profile has it's own signature.

3. Hotkey feature. AddOnis Pro support two hotkeys:
    1. mute key
    2. end key
    you can config actions for these keys:
    1. toggle keylocker on/off
    2. toggle wifi on/off
    3. toggle backlight always on
    4. toggle firewall enable/disable
    5. toggle radio on/off
    6. toggle bluetooth discoverable on/off
    to trigger these actions, you need to press hotkey 3 times, after that, the LED will flash 2 times (blue for mute key, red for end key) to confirm the action.

Attention:
    1. You need to uninstall addonis first before install addonis pro.
    2. This version will expire after 30 days.
    3. Registeration key for addonis will not work on addonis pro.
    4. AddOnis Pro will NOT support OS 4.5. It will only suport OS4.6 and above
    5. This version is not STABLE, try it as you will

OTA address:

http://www.all4berry.com/ota/AddOnisPro_46.jad

We're still open for ANY suggestions!!
    Last edited by icavx; 10-09-09 at 06:06 AM.
    10-08-09 08:41 AM
    Alright i guess i will be the first to say thanks, and i'll begin my testing now.
    10-08-09 11:44 AM
    somehow i feel jipped
    10-08-09 11:54 AM
    somehow i feel jipped
    me too. we pay a premium for the one they just released, and then they one-up us with a pro version, i surely hope people who have paid already get this either for free, or free....i am NOT paying for an update so soon.....on top of that, some of the new features overlap those of other programs, like quicklaunch with the toggling of features.
    10-08-09 12:08 PM
    Are you truly open for suggestions?

I don't think the features are updated enough to give up my premium paid AddOnIs. That's going to leave me hanging high and dry when this beta trial expires.

As a beta tester, why should I have to pay for the old one 3 days ago, then test the new one, and then pay for it again in 30 days.

Sorry, but there's no incentive for me, as someone who already has AddOnIs. Now, others that are just tagging on, they'll jump right in because the software is GREAT!

Now I know beta testing is completely voluntary. Explaining why myself and others are looking like o_O.

Just saying, it's a bit much. Don't you think?
    10-08-09 12:17 PM
    Okay so i downloaded it, still feels the same, not really seeing anything too mind blowing.

Id still like to see if you guys would be able to implement a email firewall. I know a lot of us have a lot of unwanted email that comes to our blackberries.

That would really help your product sell, having an application that both blocks calls and sends unwanted emails to trash or just get automatically deleted once the emails come thru.

Tested the hot keys, by default hitting the end key three time does in fact turn on your wifi. Clicking the mute key (BB BOLD) three times the key locker did not enable itself. I tested it by clicking the mute key three times. Key locker did not come on. Also tried to dial a phone number, hit mute three times (The Blue light does flash) and then continued with the phone number. It didn't lock up. Maybe that its just a feature that doesn't work on the bold. I changed it to toggle raido, turned everything off.

Also seeing an issue with using the end key as a hot key. When hanging up i usually hit the key a few times, i know once is enough but hitting it multiple times for me is good enough to know that they are off the line. Are you able to set keys as hot keys. For example, "B" hitting "B" three times will enable or disable Bluetooth, "R" for toggling the radio, "W" for Wifi and ETC. Using the Mute key is actually better, you cant really accidentally hit that key three times.

If i found more i will be sure to let you all know.
    10-08-09 12:38 PM
    if you already have AddOnis registered do we still have to uninstall it to add the Pro version?
    10-08-09 12:44 PM
    if you already have AddOnis registered do we still have to uninstall it to add the Pro version?
    Yes.

10charac
    10-08-09 12:48 PM
    just a thought. Wouldn't it be more smart to add all the Pro features to the current AddOnIns which will result in more people purchasing the program. rather than doing a beta for a pro where no one will be buying the old version during that time.

come on guys think... from a business stand point its smarter to just improve upon the current version and not release separate
    10-08-09 12:49 PM
    somehow i feel jipped
    I posed this question in their last thread when they were asking for beta testers, but I never saw a response from them regarding whether or not we would get a free upgrade. I like you feel a bit cheated especially since the firewall on the other version is not even fully functional. I read that they said they would fix it in a future version of the regular AddOnIs, but from the looks of things, they are fully abandoning the original and moving on with the 'Pro' version.
    10-08-09 01:14 PM
    I posed this question in their last thread when they were asking for beta testers, but I never saw a response from them regarding whether or not we would get a free upgrade. I like you feel a bit cheated especially since the firewall on the other version is not even fully functional. I read that they said they would fix it in a future version of the regular AddOnIs, but from the looks of things, they are fully abandoning the original and moving on with the 'Pro' version.
    IF you read the original thread about the the first one, they are still updating and they actually released another version out.

Look before you speak, it doesn't make you look too good.
    10-08-09 01:19 PM
    Downloaded and found it in options. Tried the hot key. Assigned mute 3 times to radio toggle and end key 3 times for bluetooth. Neither one works. Also the permission set screen only came up for a second. Looked like they were all on allow, but can't find how to get back to the permission screen (hit the BB button when AddOnIs Pro in options doesn't bring it up)

Edit- Found the permissions. Put all to allow. Still hot keys do not work. On .151 OS Storm
    Last edited by marckatz; 10-08-09 at 02:25 PM.
    10-08-09 02:18 PM
    OK, maybe I'm missing something here. I also tried to do a profile for a signature for my email. Used the * so it would do for all contacts.
    It did not work either
    10-08-09 02:47 PM
    4.5 support in the future?
    10-08-09 03:04 PM
    If I bought the first one do I get this one as an update?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 05:19 PM
    If I bought the first one do I get this one as an update?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    More than likely thats gonna be a no.

For right now the first one is good to own.
    10-08-09 05:27 PM
    IF you read the original thread about the the first one, they are still updating and they actually released another version out.

maybe you should take your own advice.
    AddOnIs
    Current Version: 1.00.0
    Purchased: 1.00.0

What update do you speak of, old wise one?
    10-08-09 07:00 PM
    maybe you should take your own advice.
    AddOnIs
    Current Version: 1.00.0
    Purchased: 1.00.0

What update do you speak of, old wise one?
    Version 1.1.1 is out now and available on the Addonis thread. This is a pre release to make sure everything is running ok before it goes on the official purchase link.
    10-08-09 07:53 PM
    I haven't had AddOnIs (any version) previously.

I was wondering a couple things:
    1. How big is the App?
    2. It sounds like it's tied into multiple Native Apps. Has anyone experienced a lag effect?
    3. Are some of these features automatically implemented once the App is downloaded? Or am I in control to activate each individual feature as I desire?
    10-08-09 08:05 PM
    I haven't had AddOnIs (any version) previously.

I was wondering a couple things:
    1. How big is the App?
    2. It sounds like it's tied into multiple Native Apps. Has anyone experienced a lag effect?
    3. Are some of these features automatically implemented once the App is downloaded? Or am I in control to activate each individual feature as I desire?
    Okay I answered Q#1 by clicking on the OTA link from my Tour.

AddOnIs Pro v 0.5.0 is 103.4 KB. (Waaaay smaller than I expected!)
    10-08-09 08:08 PM
    OK, I read the thread about the beta testers of addonis pro, I think it's time to release first version of addonis pro
    I'm a bit confused. Several days ago you asked for beta testers for Addonis Pro and it appears today you released a version. Is this the same product/version that you were earlier looking for folks to beta test?

Steve
    10-08-09 08:10 PM
    [QUOTE=smorloc;3776104]I'm a bit confused. Several days ago you asked for beta testers for Addonis Pro and it appears today you released a version. Is this the same product/version that you were earlier looking for folks to beta test?

We have NOT released AddOnis Pro... where in the world did you get that from? We have released a Beta Version only.
    10-08-09 08:29 PM
    More than likely thats gonna be a no.

For right now the first one is good to own.
    Why don't you address the question of upgrades to me, you might get an ACCURATE answer?
    10-08-09 08:31 PM
    4.5 support in the future?
    AddOnis Pro will only support OS 4.6 and above. AddOnis will continue to support OS 4.5
    10-08-09 08:32 PM

Geez, talk about being thrown under the bus? Did WE EVER say that we are not continuing development of AddOnis? NO...

We are continuing to develop AddOnis and are fully committed to its long term support and growth. We continue to work out minor bugs and incorporate improvements.
    10-08-09 08:37 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD