Adding national US holidays to BB calendar

anyone know how to add the US national holidays to the BB calendar via a 3rd party app or another way ?
    08-13-09 03:22 PM
    never thought of this, but its a very good idea, i'm interested as well
    08-13-09 03:27 PM
    Holidays v 6.0 I found on crackberry to perform the holiday tasks in ? calendar.. 6.99

On sale from 8.9c .. Ezpensive for such a simple task

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 03:47 PM
    If you use Gmail/Google Sync, you can also go into your Gmail calendar, click on add other calendars, and choose "US Holidays". Then configure Google Sync to sync either both your personal calendar and this one OR either or.
    08-13-09 03:49 PM
    08-13-09 03:51 PM
    If you sync with Outlook you can do it there also.
    08-13-09 03:59 PM
    Thanks for the replys guys.. That app is def over priced for such a simple task.. I don't use gmail and have never used google calendar... I don't even sync with outlook

What would u guys consider is the easiest way for me to syc holidays into ? ? Is it easiest with outlook n which it won't overwrite me existing calendar entries? Anyone know the process? Thanks in advance

08-13-09 04:35 PM
    You could sync once w Outlook via Desktop Manager. You could also open a gmail acct, for just this one purpose, avtivate US holidays and any other info u want on your bb. DL google sync for bb. Sync it once to get all the info you want in your bb. Plug bb into DM. Backup your Calendar. Delete Google sync app, which will delete all your Cal entrys. Then plug back into DM and restore your BB cal w the Google Cal info. All your previous Cal entrys and the holidays will be there and the Goog app will be gone.

08-13-09 04:43 PM
    I have an outlook work email, but have a bis plan. I'm set up to receive emails through the webaccess option. my work calander appointments are sent to my phone, is there a way to send the holidays there?
    08-14-09 09:49 AM
    Learn something new every day. Thanks for that useful tip!
    If you use Gmail/Google Sync, you can also go into your Gmail calendar, click on add other calendars, and choose "US Holidays". Then configure Google Sync to sync either both your personal calendar and this one OR either or.
    08-14-09 12:26 PM
    The Google Sync option worked perfectly for me! i was able to log into full Google Calendar using Bolt, add the US Holidays calendar, then use Google Sync on my BlackBerry to upload it!

Thanks guys!

10-11-09 08:09 AM
    I just tried this and can see the holidays on my google calendar but when I try google sync they don't show up on my Blackberry. I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not but I'm on a BES.
    10-11-09 11:26 AM
    When you are in the Google Sync app on your BlackBerry, go to Options-Cilck on 'Sync These Calendars'.

From there you should be able to choose your personal calendar and the US Holidays calendars to both sync.

10-11-09 11:42 AM
    I also use google sync. I added the holidays to my google calendar then synced it with my bb. Worked great. I also added the Pgh steelers schedule to my calendar.
    10-11-09 01:01 PM
    Very neat, tmp3150! i'll have to look at the other calendars that are offered.

10-11-09 01:06 PM
    hey chrisy520, thanks for that info! I had the same problem as tmp3150 for weeks and had no idea how to solve it till i searched for it. Thanks!!
    10-16-09 01:52 PM
    This was exactly what i was looking for! The people that pay for such an app are a bit to lazy I Think but at least someone made some chedder
    11-02-09 08:16 PM
    This was an outstanding idea. Qith Google sync you can sync ur BB with a google calander of ur choice. Even the weather this was something I had no idea u could do ! Outstanding! Ask the right questions and hopefully u get the right answers.
    11-02-09 09:10 PM
    I don't know what I am doing wrong, but cannot get this to work for the life of me. I created a new calendar called 'US Holidays' and added the holidays to that calendar. When I go to use googlesync it only shows 'default calendar' as my only item to sync. Even if I add the holidays to the default calendar and sync I still get nothing on my BB. The sync says it worked and data was transferred, but I see no new calendar to show on my BB and nothing was added to any of the current ones.

What am I doing wrong?

Curve 8900 with the 5.0.0.314 OS installed - issue with the beta?
    11-03-09 04:46 PM
    When you are in the Google Sync app on your BlackBerry, go to Options-Cilck on 'Sync These Calendars'.

From there you should be able to choose your personal calendar and the US Holidays calendars to both sync.

11-03-09 05:11 PM
    I also added the phases of the moon calendar to mine. Nice to have.

11-03-09 05:19 PM
    i had that one for a while too! Very cool!

11-03-09 05:51 PM

Turns out that if you do not use the 'main' email account to login it will not sync, but still allow you to login. For instance, on my google account I have two different logins for the same account. I tried the gmail one and wallllllahhh - it synced - my other login though was not doing anything.

Just thought I would post that incase anyone else has multiple logins for their account.
    11-03-09 07:22 PM
    Who wants to do this without install an app?
    05-03-13 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD