My school just started using Google for the email and collaborative tools which is great, but my push email no longer works. I have tried adding the email address as a Gmail account and have had no luck either. Any suggestions?
    08-16-10 04:01 PM
    Try deleting and re-adding again perhaps? I'm using a Google Apps email that I added just like any other email and it pushes fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 07:18 AM
    I've done that many times with no luck both as a gmail account and as an "other"
    08-17-10 07:20 AM
    Do you have IMAP enabled in your Gmail account? Settings->Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
    08-17-10 08:26 AM
    Yes I do. That's what is particularly strange. I'm not sure why its not working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 08:29 AM
    Can you try the "advanced" settings and specifically enter the Gmail IMAP server?

Try to add your email, but don't put in a password and click next. You should get options to specify settings. Use imap.gmail.com as the server and me@mygoogleappsdomain.com as the username.

How do I configure IMAP for a Google Apps email address? - Gmail Help
    08-17-10 08:50 AM
    I am running into a similar problem using google apps. I successfully added the google apps account and the enhanced gmail plugin is showing; however, I am not able to get to any of my previous emails in "all mail" or "archive" folder, or any previous inbox emails prior to adding the google apps email.

Also, when I attempted to add the google apps accounting to my new curve via the email setup wizard, it would not allow me to not put a password in- meaning I couldn't confirm it is utilizing the IMAP function, although I have POP turned off and I believe google apps defaults to IMAP.

I tried going into messaging options and selecting the different folders to reconcile, but the only ones showing are inbox and spam. Everything is correct on the google apps side in the settings, IMAP/labels is set to show.

Any help would be appreciated, I have looked all over the web and am unsuccessful at finding anything.

In summary, I am looking to sync my emails prior to the adding my google apps email account. Thanks. DRC
    08-17-10 01:06 PM
    On BIS, I'm afraid you are not going to be able to do what you want with the native email application. BIS does not support IMAP folders.

You can try the Gmail application at Google Mobile.
    08-17-10 02:56 PM
    Are you saying the only way I can sync all my gmail labels/folders is to go with the BES? DRC
    08-19-10 12:07 PM
    Google "bis imap folders" and you'll see nobody else is happy about this either.
    08-19-10 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD