We are pleased to announce another addition to the Twinkler Software Catalog!

AddContactX

This is a single function app that will prompt the user to create a new contact every time a call (incoming or outgoing) is disconnected.

Once a number has been added, or if the dialog is cancelled (indicating that the user does NOT want to add the number to a new contact) the user will not be prompted to add this number again in the future.

AddContactX is available in the Crackberry App Store and at all Mobihand affilites for $2.99.
    10-08-09 09:04 PM
    Nice feature that it won't ask you about the same number again. Otherwise that would get annoying!
    (That was my reason for discontinuing Gwabbit!)

This sounds very similar to Gwabbit!, except obviously for phone numbers.
    I think this will be popular, especially for business users.
    10-08-09 09:13 PM
    Very Effing Useful inmho.

I use it a lot within AddOnis
    10-09-09 12:40 AM
    Seems like a spin off of addonis.
    10-09-09 01:19 AM
    I wish you well with this...but ever since I started using 5.x.x.x versions of the OS, I've got a feature so close to this built in that I don't see a reason to add another app to my 8900.

After a call is over, I can simply hit the green "connect" button to see my call history. By default, the highlighted number is at the top of the list, and is selected. I press the menu button, and either click "A" twice to jump down the list of options, or scroll down to "Add to Contacts".

This approach also makes sense for me because its where all the other phone-number functions I need are grouped together (at least with 5.x.x.x), including:

- Reverse Lookup
    - Call
    - SMS
    - MMS
    - View History
    - View Call Notes (for a discussion of in-call notes, see this link)
    - Add Speed Dial
    - Add to Contacts
    - Copy
    - Set Ring Tone

While a reminder after every call might be convenient, I find it incredibly easy to look at my phone history and just use the context menu to execute one of these functions. I also don't want to add every single number to my phone book, and I don't want to have to reject the offer to add the number every time I end a call. I'm sure it's a great feature for some people -- just not the most appealing for me when I have the built in function as an alternative.
    10-09-09 09:06 AM
    What we really need is the ability to add the number to an existing Contact.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 12:59 PM
    I purchased this app a week or so ago. Seemed to be working fine, and worked fine as part of the addonis package.

Now I can't say for sure if this issue started with the latest update. But as of late every call made/received pops up the app even though it's a contact number already. This is very annoying as it should only ask for new numbers not already saved contacts.

I know this is not the mainstay for twinkler as Addonis is but hope these issues can be resolved. Or could I get the older version as I think that one was working more as it should?
    Last edited by krs7272; 10-15-09 at 10:31 PM.
    10-15-09 10:29 PM
    I purchased this app a week or so ago. Seemed to be working fine, and worked fine as part of the addonis package.

Now I can't say for sure if this issue started with the latest update. But as of late every call made/received pops up the app even though it's a contact number already. This is very annoying as it should only ask for new numbers not already saved contacts.

I know this is not the mainstay for twinkler as Addonis is but hope these issues can be resolved. Or could I get the older version as I think that one was working more as it should?
    Hi, a new update will upload to mobihand today, this bug is fixed.
    10-16-09 09:40 AM
    Thank you.
    10-16-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD