If I am viewing my email, then change to an app like browser using app switcher (ie pressing and holding BB menu key down so I get a list of what I assume are currently running apps), when I try to return to my email by selecting meesages icon in app switcher my text messages come up instead. Its driving me nuts! My homescreen has two distint icons for email and text messages, so why not in app switcher?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 07:50 AM
    Nice find. All I can tell you is it's fixed in a later release.

09-04-10 09:25 AM
    I notice the same behavior. The app switcher seems to go to the last message list (texts, email, etc.)That you accessed from the home screen. Try this: with the browser open, close it by hitting the end call button. Then access your email from the home screen, and then back out of it. Now open the browser back up and use the app switcher to switch to your messages. It should take you to your email. I agree this behavior is annoying and I wish there were seperate options in the app switcher for texts and each email account you have set up, instead of just taking you to the last one you accessed.

09-04-10 10:03 AM
    The app switcher seems to go to the last message list (texts, email, etc.)That you accessed from the home screen. Try this: with the browser open, close it by hitting the end call button. Then access your email from the home screen, and then back out of it. Now open the browser back up and use the app switcher to switch to your messages. It should take you to your email.
    even following the steps you describe, I end up seeing my text messages... I actually could live with it - for the time-being - if it behaved as you indicated (ie remembered last message list view). are you aware of any settings that can be tweaked to get it to behave as you describe?
    09-14-10 01:14 PM
    AppSwitch to the message folder, close it, appswitch to it again.
    09-14-10 01:29 PM
    AppSwitch to the message folder, close it, appswitch to it again.
    nope... always opens first in text messages on my phone (torch)

are there settings that regulate this
    09-14-10 01:37 PM
    Interestingly I just discovered that the steps by cubfan and BigBadWolf were not working for me because I was viewing my gmail email by selecting the messages icon with my the globe icon on it. but if I instead select the plain messages icon then i can revert to whatever I last viewed (text messages or email) - however when viewing email via the plain messages icon all my email is present (ie even archive email).

it appears to be another problem of BB and gmail not getting along, which I am guessing is on RIM, not google. see my rant here http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/gm...il-app-527040/

Dear RIM, if you really want non-corporate types without BES connections to embrace your phone, let me have a powerful texting app AND a separate powerful email app. or at least let me have the choice whether or not to integrate them!
    09-14-10 02:56 PM
    Can anyone using one of the leaked OSes (ie something above .141) report as to whether or not this is fixed? To recap, if both your text messages and email are open, then goto app switcher (press and hold of BB button) and do you see seperate icons for each?? If yes, does this also work if accessing gmail via the BB email app (ie a messages icon with a globe on it)??

09-28-10 05:52 AM
    Interesting. Never noticed that before.
    09-28-10 07:54 AM
    Can anyone using one of the leaked OSes (ie something above .141) report as to whether or not this is fixed? To recap, if both your text messages and email are open, then goto app switcher (press and hold of BB button) and do you see seperate icons for each?? If yes, does this also work if accessing gmail via the BB email app (ie a messages icon with a globe on it)??
    this was NOT fixed with official AT&T .246 release - ugh! can anyone using a higher leaked version confirm if this is fixed or not?
    10-05-10 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD