Have had my S2 for a little over 2mnths and have had no prob's... absolutely none. With the snow storm in the northeast over the wkend I decided to have it on me while outside shoveling & listening to Pandora.... Last nite the accelerometer worked. I put it in the charging pod overnite and now 2day it's stuck in the portrait mode....WTF!!

Doesn't switch over to landscape at all....not even when it's in the charging pod (so I can't use speakerphone that it automatically turns to when a call comes in). Anyone else had issues w/ S2 in cold weather????
    02-07-10 04:35 PM
    Mine is cool with the cold weather.
    02-07-10 04:37 PM
    Why does this surprise you?

Electronics LOVE sub-30 degree temperatures.
    02-07-10 04:41 PM
    Hey it was only 15 degrees.... and yes my phone was cold too... Ha Ha

Everything else on the phone worked perfectly.... Why would it affect just the accelorometer... No slowness or sticking issues with anything else or any programs....
    02-07-10 04:47 PM
    When the Storm 2 gets cold it gets laggy until it warms up....:-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 05:01 PM
    no issue with cold weather here and I was digging out of over 2 feet of snow.
    two questions for you:
    Have you pulled the batter?
    Do you have stop turning?
    02-07-10 08:01 PM
    any issue with your phone is most likely unrelated to the cold weather. I snowboard with my storm regularly and I have never had an issue with it. And hopefully it was in your pocket, so it would hardly reach sub 0 temps...
    02-07-10 09:06 PM
    Have tried numerous battery pulls... even have Quickpull that auto resets phone daily. No Luck.

Phone was in my inside pocket, so you're exactly right - phone would never reach sub-zero temp's..... thought it could have been coincidental, but it was just too strange since I've never had prob w/ phone since I purchased it new.....

Now Verizon can't fix it - even w/ swipe to manufacturer default - so have to go thru Asurion and hope for a new phone and not a refurbished one.....
    02-08-10 09:04 AM
    Kinda funny that in Finland temperatures are currently below -15� C, which is around 5� F. I use my BlackBerry all the time and put it in my pocket only for brief moments to warm up my hands (since I can't operate it with gloves on). I never had issues with switching to portrait or landscape mode and everything is flawless with my unit. When I get back home, room temperature is around 20� C or 70� F. In both conditions my Storm2 works just like it should, no issues whatsoever.

You might want to install an app from Phrehnck called acceleGraph (OTA: http://phrehnck.com/stuff/acceleGraph.asp). When home open up the application and take note of how the markers move when you switch to landscape mode and back to portrait mode. Go outside or somewhere cold and repeat this, see if there is anything different to the way the accelerometer readings look like.
    02-08-10 10:40 AM
    Thanks for thoughts on that app, but it's stuck in portrait mode..... Been a day & half and can't get it to landscape....
    02-08-10 11:17 AM
    Thanks for thoughts on that app, but it's stuck in portrait mode..... Been a day & half and can't get it to landscape....
    That happened to the first S2 I owned after only 3 days of use. The S2 is a poorly constructed phone.

Get a warranty replacement, or better yet, another phone altogether.
    02-08-10 11:23 AM
    Did you accidentally enable a program that locks the screen in portrait? Inside of your coat isn't cold enough to freeze the accelerometer solid (it would have to be REALLY cold).

That happened to the first S2 I owned after only 3 days of use. The S2 is a poorly constructed phone.

Get a warranty replacement, or better yet, another phone altogether.
    Typically, when someone says they're going to leave, they actually leave.
    02-08-10 11:56 AM
    Don't have any program that stops the screen from tilting or any that would lock it in portrait mode..... I'm at a loss.

Here's hoping the insurance replacement is a new phone & not refurbished....Verizon really has you by the balls - you pay $200 for a phone and $150/mnth for their service and all I ask for is a new, never been touched working phone, not a refurbished one that's been sent back in after being fooled around with and who knows what...
    02-08-10 05:56 PM
    i dont seem to have any problems
    02-08-10 07:17 PM
    Typically, when someone says they're going to leave, they actually leave.
    Hahahaha lol

I had to replace(by Assurion) my first storm 2 because i broke the screen, send me a new one even though it was past my thirty days, but i did pay 80 bucks or it...
    Last edited by Erick09; 02-09-10 at 04:37 AM.
    02-09-10 04:32 AM
    Knew it would happen... Got my warranty replacement 9550 & it didn't work - the green phone button didn't work.... the bottom left of the screen wouldn't press down!! Verizon now sending me a 2nd replacement.... I know it's going to end w/ me marching into a Verizon store and demanding a new "out of the box" unit.....refurbished sucks......
    02-11-10 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD