OK, so I've searched and can't find the answer.

My 9930 bricked after 3 months. I let the battery run completely down the other night and the result was a bricked phone. Verizon replaced it next day with a new 9930 and acknowledged that it is a problem with this model (lesson learned ... keep the battery charged up). The new 9930 is up and running with all my Outlook, pictures, video, etc transferred. The problems are apps that I paid for through App World. When I log into App World it doesn't populate a list of apps that I have downloaded (both paid and free) from the past. My old phone is a brick, so I can't plug it into Desktop Manager and pull them off for a transfer either.

Anyone have any clue how to get apps that I paid for (a couple just two weeks ago) onto my new 9930, or do I have to buy them all again?
    01-05-12 08:45 AM
    When you log in using your BBID, it should prompt you for a pin change. If not, you can write RIM for it.

BlackBerry - App World Help
    01-05-12 08:55 AM
    Your PIN has changed..
    Same happened with me when I migrated from 9780 to 9900
    I used windows based computer and logged to appworld using ie and downloaded web plugin..
    But still have to pay for all the apps.
    Good luck..
    Let me know if you got some workarounds
    01-05-12 09:14 AM
    After I posted this, it dawned on me to get on my PC and go to the BBW website. There I logged in and it listed all the apps that I have ever downloaded and showed them as "uninstalled". It then let me select through them and download them to my new 9930 via the USB connection to my phone ... all for free. The entire process took maybe 5 minutes and life is good again.

Sorry, I kind of wasted a new thread on the subject, but maybe this will help someone else out in the future.
    01-05-12 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD