I just got the bold 9700 ver. 2 from ATT and don't have the phone icon. It is not hidden, I looked, and not in any other folder. All I have is a phone icon that is for Visual Voice Mail, which I am not signed up for and don't want to be. When I click the VVM icon it says do you want to sign up and I hit No and it just kicks me back to the main screen.

How can I get rid of the Visual VM icon and get the Call log icon?

Thanks
    01-06-10 11:16 AM
    sorry but what is ver. 2??
    01-06-10 11:29 AM
    the newest Bold
    01-06-10 11:31 AM
    there's a new 9700?? is this your terms or it's an official statement from RIM that they make a ver.2 9700....... Also are you talking about your phone log? When your saying the phone icon?
    01-06-10 11:34 AM
    there's a new 9700?? is this your terms or it's an official statement from RIM that they make a ver.2 9700
    No such thing, I venture. It sounds like Daryl's repeating what the (misinformed or misleading) salesman told him. RIM iterates by model number, so the upgrade to the 9700 will be something like the 9800. Maybe it's meant to refer to "Onyx" becoming "Bold 9700" or to being shipped with a software update.

To answer your question, did you try Menu > Show All ? It may also have been moved to another folder. The Call Log is accessible by pressing Talk on the Home screen, missed calls are in Messages.
    01-06-10 11:42 AM
    I just got the bold 9700 ver. 2 from ATT and don't have the phone icon. It is not hidden, I looked, and not in any other folder. All I have is a phone icon that is for Visual Voice Mail, which I am not signed up for and don't want to be. When I click the VVM icon it says do you want to sign up and I hit No and it just kicks me back to the main screen.

How can I get rid of the Visual VM icon and get the Call log icon?

Thanks
    Best way to handle unwanted icons is to make a new folder called, "Trash." Place all your icons in there, and hide the folder.

99.9999% of Blackberry users don't want the Phone icon, as the Phone is accessed by pressing the green send button above the keyboard, to the left of the trackpad.

To access the true call logs, open the messages icon and press ALT+P.
    01-06-10 11:55 AM
    And apparently, VVM is INCLUDED with the 9700 (Bold, Onyx, whatever), no extra cost. At least on AT&T it is. Had some issues getting it set up, but it works fine.
    01-06-10 11:57 AM
    visual voicemail is free... on at&t but for call log you can just hit the green send button you dont need to use the icon
    01-06-10 12:01 PM
    And apparently, VVM is INCLUDED with the 9700 (Bold, Onyx, whatever), no extra cost. At least on AT&T it is. Had some issues getting it set up, but it works fine.
    This is correct. Visual Voicemail is a free service included with your plan.

darylzero, you should really try it out before dismissing it. It's very useful.
    01-06-10 12:01 PM
    visual voicemail is free... on at&t but for call log you can just hit the green send button you dont need to use the icon
    The green send button technically is for the phone application, which does show a consolidated call history. However, some people don't consider that a log. The actual call 'log' is in through the messages application, ALT+P.

But yeah, for 99% of the people, the green send key is all they need to know.
    01-06-10 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD