Wondering if anyone could help?
    Took my 9700 bold out my pocket and displayed the white screen with app error 523, pressed reset, it loads up then says uncaught exception: index 3<=3 then back to app error 523. I can't access anything or move the trackpad. I also have an unread email message. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!
    05-28-10 05:51 AM
    App Error 523 is a software hiccup usually caused by a 3rd-party application that is not compatible with the BlackBerry device OS.

Follow the below steps to get rid of this error message:
    1. Take the battery out and put it back in after 30 seconds or so
    2. While the device is rebooting (or while the hourglass is still spinning), plug it into the PC
    3. Then open the application loader and remove the 3rd-party application that's causing the issue
    4. Worst-case is when you need to wipe the device using JL_Cmder. Follow the instructions here: How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder?
    Last edited by jshuford; 05-28-10 at 06:12 AM.
    05-28-10 05:54 AM
    Cheers for that, i removed all apps, didnt do anything. Tried to update OS, got so far but couldnt connect.
    I'd seen someone say that they had removed suduko and it had worked, so i gave that a shot and amazingly it worked, then reinstalled the OS wiping everything off and its all go again, just gotta load contacts n apps again now.
    05-28-10 06:48 AM
    I hope that it helped!
    05-28-10 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD