Downloaded the tether app from the app store on my 9700 and laptop. Sometimes it works and most the time i get a yellow triangle that says no internet access on my laptop. Anyone know whats causing this??
    01-11-10 10:05 AM
    is the signal going out on your berry?
    01-11-10 10:09 AM
    no i got good 3G signal
    01-11-10 10:11 AM
    well I wish I could help further I dont own tether berry so its impossible for me to give you any tips on it I just thought maybe the 3g signal was dropping out
    01-11-10 10:14 AM
    I kinda thought the same thing myself. It go thru its connection process fine just gives the error message....
    01-11-10 10:17 AM
    Double check the APN settings and make sure you've set the connection up as well on your laptop. I had a bit of trouble out of vista but I got it all fixed.
    01-11-10 11:17 AM
    Why would anyone buy tetherberry with a 9700????? Doesn't make any sence to me. Send me the 50 bucks and I'll tell you how to set yoour phone up. The latest DTM makes it a real no brainer. Even if your provider doesn't support the DTM tethering option you can still set it up very easily. Send me your $$$$$$$.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 11:28 AM
    Why would anyone buy tetherberry with a 9700????? Doesn't make any sence to me. Send me the 50 bucks and I'll tell you how to set yoour phone up. The latest DTM makes it a real no brainer. Even if your provider doesn't support the DTM tethering option you can still set it up very easily. Send me your $$$$$$$.

How do you set it up so you dont have to pay either a tether fee or the tetherberry?? I didnt pay 50 bucks. just 19.99...
    01-11-10 11:32 AM
    Double check the APN settings and make sure you've set the connection up as well on your laptop. I had a bit of trouble out of vista but I got it all fixed.

Could you explain further how to do this??
    01-11-10 11:32 AM

Setting it up is one thing, getting away with tethering every month without getting charged by your carrier is another.

Tether the app allows it to appear as if you are browsing on your phone. Tethering through the DTM method does not. Maybe you get caught for monthly charges, maybe not. That's why some choose to pay the one time fee for the app.

01-11-10 01:11 PM
    All im trying to figure out is why it works sometime and sometime it gives me no access....
    01-11-10 02:57 PM

No wait, I'll charge half of whatever Vinny charges! lol, I've been tethering since my curve 8300, then bold 9000 now 9700, all for free! No apps needed. SEARCH PEOPLE
    01-11-10 03:04 PM
    I wish I could offer some insights. I have used the old version tetherberry for months and now the newer version tether since it was released and it has worked flawlessly so far and I am even running windows 7. Does it happen regardless of if your connection is Bluetooth or usb? What dm version do you have installed. When you installed the pc drivers did you install the install.exe file or the installdrv.exe?

01-11-10 03:04 PM
    I wish I could offer some insights. I have used the old version tetherberry for months and now the newer version tether since it was released and it has worked flawlessly so far and I am even running windows 7. Does it happen regardless of if your connection is Bluetooth or usb? What dm version do you have installed. When you installed the pc drivers did you install the install.exe file or the installdrv.exe?

im using windows 7 also. i just unistalled from my laptop and loaded the pc files to the sd card in my phone and loaded it on my laptop that way. i gave me no access for about 2 min and then it started working. is there a certain sequence i should use. like opening tether on my phone before i open it on my laptop? im using 5.0.1.28 dm. my laptop does not have bluetooth so i only use the usb cable. and i istalled the setup drv. hope this is what your looking for.
    01-11-10 03:50 PM
    worked fine all afternoon. maybe i just needed to reinstall.
    01-11-10 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD