I am trying to decide if I want another blackberry phone. They really are like crack but I was looking at some others and I found that the mytouch and cliq phones have something like a police radar on them. Does Blackberry have anything like that and is it free in the app world?
    01-12-10 02:07 PM
    The MyTouch and Cliq are both Andorid based phones, which has 100% Open GL, Blackberry due to security reasons, or lack of "want to", depends on who you talk to. Are not Open GL so apps like that are not easily made or used on Blackberries. If you want the useless, kidish, play apps an iphone or Android might be a better device for what you want... or use one on a second line or what not...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 02:11 PM
    There is an app that can alert you to places that have been reported as speed traps. It uses your GPS for your location and warns you of what is in an area you are driving. But as far as actual radar detection, I'm not aware of any device, other than a radar detector, that can do this.

The app was called Trapster and I believe it was 100% free. Or at least, I did not pay for any upgrades while I experimented with it.
    01-12-10 02:13 PM
    There is also the Scanner Radio app that allows you to listen to Police, EMS and the Fire Departments radio transmissions.
    01-12-10 11:52 PM
    Hey whatever happen to driving the speed limit?! I mean come one, there is people driving with kids in their cars :/

Don't mean to sound like a grouch but thats the law buddy.
    01-13-10 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD