yep I agree. Having had previous phones with ample space at the bottom, really does make typing for extended periods so much easier.
    08-11-10 08:26 AM
    I agree,It does look like a solid phone & I can't wait to actually get a hands on. I saw one video that had Sprint on the about screen in a software review (for what that's worth). Alot of people have commented on it being really ugly but I've got to be honest. I like the form of it quite a bit & the specs look great also. I really really hope Sprint gets it so I can jump on it!! My 8330m has been put through the ringer & still hangs tough but I'm definitely looking for an upgrade soon that is worthy of taking it place
    08-14-10 12:08 AM
    Sorry I meant it was in the Connectivity folder under Mobile Network & it was a Driphter.com video @ about 4:10 into the video.

08-19-10 11:18 PM
    Wait this thing has a touch screen?
    08-22-10 04:50 PM
    I'm excited for this.. I wouldn't use it as a main phone myself, but it would DEFINATELY be the phone that I would recommend to family and friends. Rugged and a blackberry.
    08-25-10 05:32 PM
    I hope BB will not give up on this idea. Even if there is less then 20% ... it is still a lot. With clamshell you do not have to think about weather your bb is locked or not. Close it and slip in a pocket. I do not understand why people are so much against it. You like classic BB? Go and get it. Leave us flip likers alone!!!
    08-29-10 10:45 AM
    I hope BB will not give up on this idea. Even if there is less then 20% ... it is still a lot. With clamshell you do not have to think about weather your bb is locked or not. Close it and slip in a pocket. I do not understand why people are so much against it. You like classic BB? Go and get it. Leave us flip likers alone!!!
    My biggest problem with flip dumb phones was the inside screen would get so scratched up from flipping the phone open. I would for that reason stay away from this phone. But, nothing wrong with having options.
    08-29-10 02:27 PM
    While I admire RIM making this and it is unique it really does not appeal to me at all. I am hard on phones and have destroyed a few flip phones in my time and have stayed with phones with less moving parts because of that.

I have grown away from flip phones and I don't like the idea of looking at my phone on the out side, seeing I have a message, opening my phone, punching my my password and then reading it. For me, it is just more more step.

I am also wounding about bulkiness when it is closed up. At work I use my holster but when at home and free time I toss it in my pocket and it isn't bad at all. I am assuming now that we are talking about a flip phone, it will be thicker.

If I could get the Tour or Bold with faster CPU, more memory, touch pad I would be very happy. Add in a HD screen or LTE, well that would be the cherry on top for me.

But I still have 7 months for a New Every 2 so I am in no rush. So I will be waiting and not rushing out to buy this.
    09-01-10 10:46 AM
    This looks like a good phone because of the protection of the inside screen when it's closed. As for the outside screen, may have to get a screen protector for that so when Sprint gets it, I'll be one of the ones in the "minority" to buy one. I've had two other flip phones before: an LG and a Samsung grey flip that lasted me over 5 yrs total. Also, I don't dog out my phones anyway and this one will have a good life with. Now I just have to think of a name for it LOL!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 11:27 AM
    I can see this being a "rugged" blackberry due to the flip. I've had several friends express interest in it

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-04-10 09:11 PM
    Any1 knows when?
    09-23-10 05:58 PM
    Its not a bad looking phone but compared to whats coming out i dont see this as a contender
    09-26-10 10:26 AM
    Any1 knows when?
    Cleared fcc, showed up in sprint systems. Late october/november. Will probably be announced tomorrow in the devcon keynote

09-26-10 04:10 PM
    The idea of this phone appealed to me from day one and it's looking better and better with every video that comes out.
    Look at the size of it when closed, it's so small compared to all other blackberrys, but when it's open it turns into a monster, I bet it's gonna be a pleasure to use. And thanks to the outside screen you can quickly check the time, messages, missed calls etc, without having to even open it.
    People need to understand this is not gonna be a top of the range/ flagship blackberry or it's not meant to compete with any droid or iphone, it's meant for a small but big enough market segment but it's gonna completely dominate it.
    I'm waiting for it.

09-27-10 09:21 AM
    Hi Belfast,

I like it too; like you I’m on Vodafone UK. I think we’ll have to wait for a GSM version as it’s a CDMA device.
    09-27-10 10:09 AM
    Hi Belfast,

I like it too; like you I�m on Vodafone UK. I think we�ll have to wait for a GSM version as it�s a CDMA device.
    I'm hoping it will be more like the Storm2 that can do both.

09-27-10 10:41 AM
    I really want the tourch, but that is not coming to Verizon and I am not goint to AT&T. So, I think that the Style may actually be my next phone when my new every 2 comes up next year.
    09-29-10 07:34 AM
    I really want the tourch, but that is not coming to Verizon and I am not goint to AT&T. So, I think that the Style may actually be my next phone when my new every 2 comes up next year.
    You will have a lot more devices to choose from by next year...maybe even a 4g slab style blackberry

09-29-10 09:06 AM
    i wish rim would have axed this phone too. its really ugly and i dont think many would buy this phone when you can get many sleeker phones.
    10-08-10 04:59 AM
    Nope, you're not.
    I think RIM is revolutonary by taking 5 steps backwards and releasing this phone.
    10-08-10 11:39 AM
    I've been waiting since August to upgrade my dying 8330 (google sync is death to this phone) and was planning on the Curve 3g (OS 6 compatable) but I like the Flip, and want to see one. I went and reserved on at Sprint already, so I'm going to go in and decide. It's this or a Samsung Android slider, but I'm just not too happy with android, I've played with several, and spent time on the G.F.s phone, and I just don't think it compares. My BB gets my emails BEFORE my PC, takes her andriod phone forever to get messages, and battery life sucks.

As long as this phone doesn't obviously suck when I look at it, I'll end up with one.
    10-19-10 04:22 AM
    I think this is just the phone that will help my Dad make the jump from his Razr. I'm not putting it down, he's no dummy at all, but he likes a small clamshell and doesn't need all the bells and whistles.

Honestly, if this came out before the 9700, I imagine I'd have grabbed it and been perfectly happy.
    Last edited by mrskittens; 10-19-10 at 03:14 PM. Reason: grammar.
    10-19-10 03:10 PM
    I think this is just the phone that will help my Dad make the jump from his Razr. I'm not putting it down, he's no dummy at all, but he likes a small clamshell and doesn't need all the bells and whistles.

Honestly, if this came out before the 9700, I imagine I'd have grabbed it and been perfectly happy.
    It has a few interesting characteristics...the front screen and the viewable notifications is intriguing. I think if this was released with the super storm, or the playbook it wouldn't have received so much negative press, but released by itself its just too 2008 to get rave reviews.

10-19-10 04:04 PM
    I'm with paul, this may be the phone I upgrade away from my 8330 with. Can't wait to go and check it out. Flip status will be good for anyone who get dirty or has a job where they may bump into things... Always have to find a hiding spot for my curve so I don't crush its screen

10-20-10 01:12 PM
    I need to see it in person first... *Shrug*
    But it has grown on me since it's first appearance...
    I can kinda understand not making the face screen touch since it's still manipulatable from the volume buttons.

But it was a HUGE mistake getting rid of the left convenience key! I would have liked the ability to change the sound profile with that convenience key directly on the face screen! <This Mistake might be my primary reason for passing up this phone... But I need to see/hold it first in any case.
    Last edited by rlfricke216; 10-20-10 at 08:15 PM.
    10-20-10 05:07 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD