I wanted to post this to get some feedback. There seems to be a lot of you that are having issues with apps that worked on your tours and now they wont on bold.

I believe the trick to get them working again is to use Device Switch wizard when you get your bold and not try to redownload.

I used BBSAK when I got my Bold backed up my tour apps and then restore to the bold with no issues.

I am looking for the results of others experiences.

If you tried to redownload to the bold please note in your replies

thanks,
    06-11-10 02:03 PM
    some of my applications transfered over using DM 3rd party app back up then just reloading in through there... but most did not

Slingbox was tricky but I finally got that working! Phonetweak I had to redownload... Docs 2 Go Premium I just reinstalled from my memory card... CIS-ID I redownloaded... tether I had to redownload... berry weather I had to redownload... and quick launch loaded but wouldn't let me register my activation code, so i emailed them and they sent me a new one... mobimouse had to redownload and they still havn't given me a new activation code... road runner GPS is not supported on the bold and makes me so mad!!!! scoremobile redownloaded... that's all i can think of
    06-11-10 02:52 PM
    List of working app's I have tried so far:
    Vlingo
    Viigo
    Waze
    Mobiscope
    Podtrapper
    Google Maps
    Google Voice app
    social Scope
    Berry Buzz
    Berry Weather
    visual arts wallpaper shifter
    These all work 100% for me
    06-11-10 04:02 PM
    Every app from my 9630 works perfectly fine with the 9650 except for Opera Mini (trackpad compatibality issues). Even the eBay app and Berry Annoying that BlackBerry App World says is not compatable works just fine.
    06-11-10 04:54 PM
    Most of my apps worked using the device switch but many didn't look right on the high res screen coming from the 8330. I re-downloaded my free ones and they are much better configured for the 9650. I swear by: Poynt, QuickPull, Google Mobile Apps., Pocket Express, FlightView, Textender, and I'm testing Slacker/I Heart Radio/Pandora. I'll end up keeping one of them. Also, Facebook (I hide all the others). I do find that BB Maps tends to be much more accurate for positioning compared to Google maps - but that's just me. Personally, I use a Garmin anyway.
    06-11-10 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD