IT department tried everything including a wipe and reinstall and nothing will fix the problem. There must be some issue with the upgraded version of VVM. Hopefully Verizon or someone will come up with a solution in the near term or else I suspect they are going to lose a lot of VVM users.
    Based on everything I have already done and what I have read I am pretty confident it IS a VVM/Verizon issue.
    01-24-09 09:42 AM
    Just want to chime in that I am on BES and never had a problem with VVM until the "upgrade" to the new VVM. Now I get the same error message, no prompts, and no work arounds have done anything. Anyone with suggestions on where to get the old version of VVM.
    01-25-09 08:41 PM
    Same problem here. I actually upgraded to .90 hoping it would fix the problem. No such luck. Started with the upgrade of VVM. Can't find a way to reinstall older version so if anyone comes up with that let us know. Verizon was clueless.
    01-26-09 03:07 PM
    I upgraded to .90 on Saturday night and the VMM issue started for me as well. I thought it was OS related, but after reading all the posts, it seems obvious that the VMM upgrade is the culprit. Has anyone found a work around or downgrade site yet?
    01-26-09 07:13 PM
    Its definitely a VVM software issue. I have .75 OS with the exact same problem.

Can someone post the 1.19.2 VVM software?
    01-27-09 09:43 AM
    It has been my experience with VVM and BES that once VVM stops working, the only way to fix it (and I've done this twice now myself) is to reset the device to factory (javaloader -u resettofactory) and configure VVM _BEFORE_ you enterprise activate. Our policy is fairly restrictive, but I'm on an Admin policy and I still have problems with VVM unless I configure it before activating.

Be warned, reset to factory removes all settings, policies, permissions, everything on the phone, so you'll have to reset your icons, preferences, etc....and when it comes to BES, you'll have to remove/re-add yourself to BES in order to get anything but new emails/calendar entries (unless you guys know of a way to force all messages out to an existing activated BB).

That's my experience, your mileage may vary.
    01-27-09 10:15 AM
    I'm the BES admin for our company and ran into this issue on my Storm with .90 only AFTER I upgraded to the new VVM.

To fix the issue you have to really dig around on your BES server. We had the "Phone Access" property set to "Prompt User" under our default Application Control Policy. This works for like 99% of applications out there, but I have seen it cause issues from time to time.

The old VVM would cause the prompt dialog to appear that asks for permission to use "Phone Access," the new version of VVM does not make the prompt appear and fails to load. Verizon needs to go back to their software development team and get this issue sorted out. The only way I could get it to work now was to change the policy to "Allow," but that is only a temporary fix and I should never have to do something like that for one dinky application.

Verizon, the ball is in your court now.
    01-27-09 12:31 PM
    I've been posting here as well on a similar/same issue: f134/upgrade-broke-visual-voicemail-142307/.

Once you get beyond the Allow issue (set permissions to allow on BES, and battery pull the Blackberry), you're not out of the woods, at least not on the Storm. 1.19.6 does not recognize screen pushes, so there is no way to accept the EULA, nor listen to messages.

C'mon people. Whose software is this anyway?

Please put 1.19.2 up somewhere or get a fix out there, pronto.

Thanks.
    01-27-09 01:12 PM
    I had the same problem last night. I erased visual voice mail app, and reinstalled it OTA through application center. Don't forget to reboot (i did a battery pull) after deleting the app, and doing it again after reinstalling.
    01-27-09 01:49 PM
    I'm the BES admin for our company and ran into this issue on my Storm with .90 only AFTER I upgraded to the new VVM.

To fix the issue you have to really dig around on your BES server. We had the "Phone Access" property set to "Prompt User" under our default Application Control Policy. This works for like 99% of applications out there, but I have seen it cause issues from time to time.

The old VVM would cause the prompt dialog to appear that asks for permission to use "Phone Access," the new version of VVM does not make the prompt appear and fails to load. Verizon needs to go back to their software development team and get this issue sorted out. The only way I could get it to work now was to change the policy to "Allow," but that is only a temporary fix and I should never have to do something like that for one dinky application.

Verizon, the ball is in your court now.
    That did the trick...no batt pull ... no reset ...just made that one change on the BES and now all is good. I have NO issues now...so far.
    Thanks!
    01-27-09 02:48 PM
    I've been posting here as well on a similar/same issue: f134/upgrade-broke-visual-voicemail-142307/.

Once you get beyond the Allow issue (set permissions to allow on BES, and battery pull the Blackberry), you're not out of the woods, at least not on the Storm. 1.19.6 does not recognize screen pushes, so there is no way to accept the EULA, nor listen to messages.

C'mon people. Whose software is this anyway?

Please put 1.19.2 up somewhere or get a fix out there, pronto.

Thanks.
    That is NOT true in every case as I fixed permissions on the BES as suggested above and EVERYTHING works like a charm now.
    01-27-09 02:49 PM
    simple solution when you get this promt just exit out and hit save or discard and then re open and you will be fine!!
    01-27-09 04:16 PM
    Even with vvm 1.19.6?
    I noticed references in this thread to "OS .90". Is that Blackberry 4.7.0.90? I have 4.7.0.75 on my Storm 9530 and it does not show any newer upgrades....
    01-27-09 04:29 PM
    seankeys, exit key does nothing, and only one choice on BB menu, "Switch Application". Only way I can get out of VVM is to hold BB menu key and switch elsewhere, or use the menu Switch Application.
    01-27-09 04:32 PM
    I have a different issue after the upgrade. I get to the screen where it asks for my voicemail pin and when I enter it, and press 'Login' nothing happens...it's as if the phone does not realize I'm pressing 'Login'.

Any suggestions?
    01-27-09 05:57 PM
    It has been my experience with VVM and BES that once VVM stops working, the only way to fix it (and I've done this twice now myself) is to reset the device to factory (javaloader -u resettofactory) and configure VVM _BEFORE_ you enterprise activate. Our policy is fairly restrictive, but I'm on an Admin policy and I still have problems with VVM unless I configure it before activating.

Be warned, reset to factory removes all settings, policies, permissions, everything on the phone, so you'll have to reset your icons, preferences, etc....and when it comes to BES, you'll have to remove/re-add yourself to BES in order to get anything but new emails/calendar entries (unless you guys know of a way to force all messages out to an existing activated BB).

That's my experience, your mileage may vary.
    I did this, but once I reactived on BES, it automatically changed my phone permission back to prompt and VVM was dead again.
    01-27-09 09:15 PM
    Just an FYI, not sure if this was brought up or not.

I am on a BES.

To fix this problem, I just went into options, advanced, applications, clicked on Visual Voice Mail and set everything to Allow. Now it works.
    01-28-09 08:35 AM
    Just an FYI, not sure if this was brought up or not.

I am on a BES.

To fix this problem, I just went into options, advanced, applications, clicked on Visual Voice Mail and set everything to Allow. Now it works.
    The problem as stated in the OP is that you cannot change permissions there...it just won't let you. As stated above the solution by WildHairZero worked like a charm by changing the "Phone Access" property of the Application Control Policy to Allow. This fixed the entire problem for me.
    01-28-09 08:42 AM
    The problem as stated in the OP is that you cannot change permissions there...it just won't let you.
    It let me. :shrug:
    01-28-09 08:44 AM
    Where do you access the "Default Application Control Policy"? When I go to Manage application policies the only one I see is the one I created for the DST update a year or so ago.

Is there another spot on the BES that you can update the default one?
    Last edited by mwbusler; 01-28-09 at 12:01 PM. Reason: misspelled word
    01-28-09 12:00 PM
    I posted this in the other forum on this topic, but I will post it here as well:

After my IT department (understandably) declined to make the changes listed in some of these posts and after spending a fruitless hour on the phone with a Verizon rep (who amazingly told me they do not keep links to previous versions of software), I finally came up with a way to downgrade my Storm to the previous version of VVM (1.19.2).

A friend with the Storm (who, thankfully, is quite the procrastinator) had never gotten around to refreshing his App Center after the VVM update was released. Thus, his App Center still listed 1.19.2 as the current version of VVM.

I had him click on that link, which ultimately directed him to the website where version 1.19.2 can be downloaded. He then copied the address and emailed it to me. After erasing the 1.19.6 version from my phone, I went to the address he sent me on my blackberry and it brought up a download prompt for 1.19.2. I downloaded and installed that version, and now all is well once again.

Here is the web address for the 1.19.2 download:

http://mobile.vzw.com/download/vvm/S...vmail_9530.jad

Hope this helps others with the same problem.
    01-28-09 02:02 PM
    Where do you access the "Default Application Control Policy"? When I go to Manage application policies the only one I see is the one I created for the DST update a year or so ago.
    1) Bring up your Software Configurations list and right-click on your software policy.
    2) Click Edit Configuration.
    3) A new Window will appear, now click on the "Policies..." button in the lower-right corner of that window.
    4) The Application Control Policies window will now be open and you can double click the one(you should only have one if you only have one software configuration) policy in the list.
    5) Change "Phone Access" to "Allowed."
    6) OK your way out of all the windows.

I forget if you have to force a BlackBerry to get the new policy or if it gets it automagicly. Thinking back I believe I picked mine from BES and told it to refresh my policy.
    01-28-09 04:03 PM
    I forget if you have to force a BlackBerry to get the new policy or if it gets it automagicly. Thinking back I believe I picked mine from BES and told it to refresh my policy.
    It is automatic.
    01-29-09 04:13 PM
    1) Bring up your Software Configurations list and right-click on your software policy.
    2) Click Edit Configuration.
    3) A new Window will appear, now click on the "Policies..." button in the lower-right corner of that window.
    4) The Application Control Policies window will now be open and you can double click the one(you should only have one if you only have one software configuration) policy in the list.
    5) Change "Phone Access" to "Allowed."
    6) OK your way out of all the windows.

i called RIM on this and they did not know about doing the software connfig, they told me that they are going to work with Verizon to get this fixed.

I have however had to downgrade to 1.19.2. As well I am trying to do your fix to see i it works as I do not want to walk through our 4 other employees who have a Storm to downgrade.
    Last edited by J Ellis; 02-04-09 at 11:01 AM.
    02-04-09 10:45 AM
    any one with .99 getting hung up on the visual vcml End License User agreement screen? Delete and reinstalled twice but can not hit the OK button to accept the agreement.
    02-05-09 02:44 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD