First post so go easy on me

Well recently I decided to replace my old trust 7290 with a 8700g
    (I know its old but the keyboard is perfect, I do lots of emails)
    I orderd the BB with an Otterbox and new battery

Mailman dropped it off, I powered it up and found an IT policy still enabled and data left on the phone.

No prob did a cmdr wipe and installed 4.5 OS, did a cmdr "reset to factory/IT wipe"

Checked the security settings found the firewall was disabled and no services running.

Sent service books and began installing with apps I use
    Weatherbug
    google talk
    google maps
    repligo reader
    ebay
    facebook

went to install opera mini 5 and got the dreaded
    "The application operette$2dhifi has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy."

checked security settings and found my firewall was enabled with a picture of a padlock next to it, only service running is google talk

went back and did a cmdr IT policy wipe
    found firewall disabled, sent service books again reinstalled apps and found the same problem with the firewall

havent installed my 'getitback' software yet till I find out whats wrong with this 8700.
    So whats going on? I searched the Google and forums and cant seem to find a good answer.

Is T-mobiles service books doing this?

BTW I have the BIS service, no BES or company policy
    Have set everything to allow
    makes no diffrence at all

OK BB gods, I need help
    12-08-09 04:54 PM
    OK got it fixed

first did another cmdr "reset to factory"

reboot

checked firewall diabled ok good

sent service books

checked firewall still disabled

installed apps including Opera, no probs went right in

connected to computer and bam firewall enabled

repeated the steps again, but uninstalled ALL traces of blackberry out of computer

reinstalled DM and drivers

fine after that DM must have backed up the IT policy and keep puting it back in
    12-08-09 08:56 PM
    I've got similar problem with Opera Mini. Might use the trick with policy.bin change ( forums.crackberry.com/f3/remove-i-t-policy-blackberry-569/ ) instead of reinstalling all RIM software.
    12-17-09 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD