I updated to .86 release last night and then when I woke up, I had the dreaded "App Error 200: Reset" white screen this morning. Everything was working fine, but now I can't even get the phone to boot up. Tried a hard pull and let the battery sit out for some time, but nothing happened. It just keeps booting up to the same white screen.

Is there anything i can do to try restoring the old OS that doesn't fry my phone? Thanks for the help - very distressed!

Oh - and i searched the forums for unofficial update problems, app error 200 fixes and nothing related to this issue, but if there is a better thread to point me to, anything is appreciated at this point. My phone isn't working at all right now.
    02-10-09 08:01 AM
    86? really? install 99 and youll at least be caught up with all the other complaints. and its light years ahead of 86.
    02-10-09 09:46 AM
    I can't even get to the point where it boots up enough to reload the originals. I may be taking this one back and getting my 4th BB Storm in 10 weeks. nice product. this is the only time it may be my fault though - first unofficial upgrade.
    02-10-09 10:47 AM
    I ran .86 for a month without a single problem. Then i went to .90 for a day and decided to go back to what worked for me. Yesterday was the first battery pull ive had to do with .86. Now its acting up. Doesnt seem to make any sense. I havent changed anything and i have 0 3rd party apps.

I might try .99 or wipe and go back to .75.
    02-10-09 12:39 PM
    this happened to me yesterday but it was on the leaked .99

the screen is supposedly called "the blackberry screen of death"

watch out, cus i had to fformat everything and basically just loaded back .75 downgraded -_-
    02-10-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD