I am back to using the standard BB browser on my 8530. Opera mini is a joke. It is very finicky. I thought I needed to turn the track pad sensitivity down but that didn't help at all.

What browsers are you BB addicts using and why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 01:54 PM
    I am back to using the standard BB browser on my 8530. Opera mini is a joke. It is very finicky. I thought I needed to turn the track pad sensitivity down but that didn't help at all.

I use BOLT. It's simply just the BEST browser for BlackBerry devices. That's what I personally think.
    06-09-10 02:10 PM
    Default Browser for most stuff.

BOLT for everything the defaul browser falls short.
    06-09-10 02:48 PM
    Used Opera for my 8330 - Tried it for 8530 and its not as good - Using default BB browser
    06-09-10 08:41 PM
    I had been using Opera, until I upgraded, rendering it useless. The font for BOLT began to annoy me, and now I'm just using the default browser. Were not getting OS 6, but stealing the browser from it wouldn't be so bad

06-09-10 09:21 PM
    just stick with the default for now,,,it will get better just give it some time for them to catch up
    06-09-10 09:35 PM
    I tried Opera 5 when it first came out and found it *very* problematic - as did many users, if Forums anything to go by. Rolled back to 4.2 (which I had been using) and, for the most part, it works fine.
    Trying out Bolt now and its OK, though hardly game-changing. Increased its font size to make it passable for me.
    But either still better than RIM's offering.

06-09-10 09:38 PM
    Its not you. Opera 5 is not quite compatible with the trackpad yet.
    06-09-10 09:43 PM
    I have had no problem with opera 5 so far on my bb pretty quick. I like it better then the regular browser

06-09-10 10:41 PM
    Default Browser for most stuff.

BOLT for everything the defaul browser falls short.
    im intrigued... what is BOLT?? ive never heard of or used that browser... ?
    06-10-10 04:23 PM
    It took me a while to get used to opera. I'm using opera 4 because 5 drove me nuts! The default I find is better for downloading themes though.

06-10-10 06:42 PM

Opera mini 5 worked great when I had OS 5.0.0.459...Then I upgraded to .654. After the upgrade the trackpad's scrolling on OM 5 became too fast and uncontrollable. Since OM 4.2 doesn't recognize BB 8530 as a blackberry, it's to much of a hazzle to use that browser. Until they fix the opera mini issues I guess I'm stuck with "Bolt" and the native browser...

06-10-10 07:15 PM
    I just downloaded BOLT....it's nice and I don't think I'll ever go back to Opera! It's a free download...try it....I think you'll like it!
    07-22-10 02:22 PM
    Opera is a joke, laggy as anything. Way to many "cool" effects, such as shadows and animations.

Bolt is great but has major bugs and connection issues (even on latest ones).

Default BB browser is ok, but major slow lol. And for some reason does not detect if you're on Wifi or not (stupid, Bolt can).

Can't wait for the default browser to be updated that's all I can say. Either that or Firefox gets on the scene, nothing could be better.
    07-22-10 04:53 PM
    4.2 worked well for me but now that I have the 5.0 I hate it. It is impossible to control
    07-29-10 07:28 PM
    I use all 3. The default for mostly everything, OM 5.1 for when I need to fill in a lot of text boxes or links from Twitter and Bolt for full sites. Although, Bolt is really annoying me. I tried creating one of those "How well do you know..." quizes on FB and it took me almost 40 minutes to type out the 5 questions because it always reloads after typing in a text box, and it always gets stuck at 20% so it took a loooong time. Opera is faster in that situation but doesn't always open full sites like Bolt does. I say 60% is default, 20-20 for the other two.
    07-29-10 10:34 PM
    Are they the only browsers out there? I thought it was just me with the sensitivity of the pad!
    I have mine almost to not move! Still touchy! Anyways let me know about any more browsers out there! Thanks

07-30-10 08:49 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

BOLT, Opera Mini and uZard (which is a very bad option right now. Maybe when a 8500 specifc version comes out...). Those are the options.
    07-30-10 10:14 PM
    Bolt - I likie!
    09-21-10 01:38 PM
    UzardP does pretty well on my 8530 Bolt is okay too ditched opera awhile ago may download again just for twitter links idk tho...
    09-21-10 01:54 PM
    I keep hearing that Opera 4.2 is the best version, but how did you all get it to run on the 8530? I keep getting connection errors when trying to run after loading. I use shortcuts on version 5.0 to get around the trackpad issue. Like others, I have to use three browsers. That's just sad.
    09-22-10 12:55 PM
    My two cents...
    BB browser is only good for mobile sites. Full sites take forever and don't render well at all. Opera is great for twitter links and overall browsing - just wish is wasn't so damn touchy. If that was fixed it would be great. Also much faster than the BB browser. Didn't like Bolt - couldn't stand the font.

09-22-10 02:18 PM
    I rock out w/Opera Mini 5 beta 2. Don't remember how/where I got the beta 2 (as it is darn near impossible to find since Opera did the "official release"), and I don't have the sensitivity problems with the trackpad.
    09-22-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD