hi everyone i have downloaded and installed the new blackberry podcast player but i cant get any streams all it says is error cant communicate with server.. I have tried installing and reintsalling with no luck i have only wifi to access the net and crackberry player works as well as others.
    I dont have a data acces account through the network except for bberry
    messanger and email would that be the cause?

http://images.crackberry.com/forum_i...s/confused.gif
    08-23-10 08:33 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

I didn't test it, but being a RIM app, I'm willing to bet you need full BIS service to have BlackBerry Podcasts working.
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-06-10 at 11:35 PM.
    08-23-10 09:18 PM
    hi everyone i have downloaded and installed the new blackberry podcast player but i cant get any streams all it says is error cant communicate with server.. I have tried installing and reintsalling with no luck i have only wifi to access the net and crackberry player works as well as others.

@bberryfan16: Were you able to figure this out? I'm having the same trouble with my Curve 8530, and I'm wondering if it's because of the data plan, or lack thereof. I'm on an Email/IM plan with my provider.

The error I get is something like "Unable to communicate with server. Please try again later."
    09-06-10 11:05 PM
    @bberryfan16: Were you able to figure this out? I'm having the same trouble with my Curve 8530, and I'm wondering if it's because of the data plan, or lack thereof. I'm on an Email/IM plan with my provider.

The error I get is something like "Unable to communicate with server. Please try again later."
    Guess this proves me right...
    09-06-10 11:37 PM
    Is it trying to connect via Wi-Fi when you are not near a Wi-Fi point? Its default is to use Wi-Fi and it if it can't find a connection, you may get a similar response back.
    In its BB button > Options there is a setting to allow it to use Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi and Data. Since you have no Data Plan, the alternative is not an option, so I'm wondering about your Wi-Fi access...

Too many of the BB programs (3rd Party and RIM) require Data Plans. Its a nice money grab for your Wireless Provider...
    09-07-10 06:54 AM
    It's a nice money grabber for RIM, you mean...
    09-07-10 10:18 AM
    I use this program, and have a data plan. Next time I'm in a wifi hotspot, ill experiment by turning off my radio and trying to download, and let everyone know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 01:21 PM
    I use this program, and have a data plan. Next time I'm in a wifi hotspot, ill experiment by turning off my radio and trying to download, and let everyone know.
    99% chance of it working since you have all BIS service books in the phone. BIS over Wi-Fi thing. Well, why don't I test it now...

Retry #1
    Retry #2
    Retry #3
    Retry #4
    Retry #5
    Failed

Well, 1% wins.
    09-07-10 01:34 PM

How did you get it to begin with? I have a 8520 and when I went to BBApp Store to download it, it told me that it wasnt compatible with my device.
    09-08-10 04:45 AM
    Not compatible with 8520? I use this app on my 8520 every day :s... Sooo weird.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-08-10 11:06 AM
    It's supposed to work on ANY device (well, but the Tour it seems), as long as it's on the countries RIM wants it to work.

For the rest of us (since it's not supposed to be used in Brasil), he's the workaround: Install it yourself!
    09-08-10 11:40 AM
    Not compatible with 8520? I use this app on my 8520 every day :s... Sooo weird.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    I just tried it again, and this time it says that is not compatible with my device or my carrier. Surely the carrier wouldn't have any bearing on it if I pay for a BB Data plan? Or maybe it just doesn't like my 8520.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD