I downloaded an app called mobile banking and am having an issue. The vendor is Firethorn Holdings LLC. (can't remember where i dl it from)

It's installed just fine, however it wants me to enter an activation code that for the life of me I can't find. It says the code is available from your bank account provider.

I bank with Chase and have looked all over their website but cannot find where to get this activation code.

Anyone else use Chase and have this app? Anyone know where to get the activation code? I figured I'd check here before I call Chase customer service

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    08-13-09 03:07 PM
    That's sounds a little funny to me. Why would the bank have the activation code for an app for a mobile phone? Something doesn't sound right and given the fact that my account has been hacked 3 times this year, I wouldn't use it. I would check to see if Chase has their own app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 05:34 PM
    You can just go to the chase website and they have a mobile version. I use it all the time.

08-13-09 06:36 PM
    What happens is you download the app to your phone. Goto your banking website and click on customer service then select mobile banking. From there you tell them what kind of phone you have as well as your phone #. It will take in the data and give you an access code. This access code tells your mobile banking app where to go as in routing to which bank. Then form there it will know which acct is your becasue of the setup you did on your phone. I know with verizon/wachovia i had to do this setup a few times since the access codes timed out.
    Also to download at least for verizon you goto VZStart
    Last edited by Tim224DT; 08-13-09 at 06:41 PM.
    08-13-09 06:39 PM
    What happens is you download the app to your phone. Goto your banking website and click on customer service then select mobile banking. From there you tell them what kind of phone you have as well as your phone #. It will take in the data and give you an access code. This access code tells your mobile banking app where to go as in routing to which bank. Then form there it will know which acct is your becasue of the setup you did on your phone. I know with verizon/wachovia i had to do this setup a few times since the access codes timed out.
    Also to download at least for verizon you goto VZStart

Citicards are the same way, sign up online and it sends you a link, I can change the codes at citi etc if needed too.
    08-13-09 07:13 PM
    This is normal. I use it for one of my banks and they provided me a code to enter when I activated my phone on their site.

08-13-09 08:42 PM
    thanks for the suggestions, I think I'm just going to call Chase to get the code. I looked all over the site and only found info on the mobile banking using texts (which I'm already signed up for).
    08-16-09 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD