According to the app itself, which is version 2.6.17, it was released 3-6-12. I had this version and it was a huge leaker for me. Glad it seems to work for you. Mine would be fine for the first several hours then it would start dropping like crazy. Finally completely uninstalled it for good on Monday, and I boot up at 197 and during the course of the day I never get below like 190 or so. While I still have a small leak, it is not even close to what I had with this app. When I had it installed and used to go into the device analyzer it would frequently show that I was low on memory and had to do a reset. Have not seen that message once since I uninstalled this app. Good luck to the ones who use this without any problems, but this was absolutely killing my memory. Happy to say it isnt anymore
    03-22-12 12:08 AM
    The new version still leaks, just fine. There was a problem with autoupdate that got fixed. It seems to drain faster the more frequently you autoupdate, but even at "every three hours" (which is not frequent enough for my taste) there is still a heavy drain.
    03-22-12 03:53 AM
    I still have the leak but at least the auto-update and wallpaper background works now. Leak is much slower. I'll see how long it takes to screw up the phone, if it does at all.
    03-22-12 09:08 AM
    I received this tweet a couiple days ago from Bellshare to a question about the leak from BeWeather.

"we have not received any reports of memory leak caused by beweather from any of our testers or community"

I just had to delete it as well. Its a nice weather app I just hope they fix the leak soon.
    03-22-12 12:15 PM
    I have no leak... how are you determining that it is leaking? If you're using .267, it's the OS leaking.

I have mine set to location (cell location) and it auto updates every 30 minutes.
    03-22-12 12:46 PM
    I have no leak... how are you determining that it is leaking? If you're using .267, it's the OS leaking.

I have mine set to location (cell location) and it auto updates every 30 minutes.
    This way...before installation=minor leak...after installation=major leak...left installed but not activated=minor leak. I agree the OS is leaking but not to the point where I have to reboot twice a day.

Is anyone running this on 7.0?? The last build leaked very little and I wonder if Beweather would cause it to leak more.
    03-22-12 02:43 PM
    Of course an app developer or company is going to say that their app isnt leaking. Do you think they would want to make themselves look bad? They are going to blame it either on user error or something else being faulty. Maybe their testing equipment isnt as faulty as some of the phones out there. Not to beat a dead horse here, but some others have said it best. Unistalled very little leak, installed and functional as it should be= Major leak. Have not had to reboot since I totally uninstalled this app. Since they are offering it free until the end of May, maybe by the end of April or May things will be straightened out and this app wont cause some people any problems. I will check back with it in a few weeks, or when Verizon FINALLY releases the next o/s to see if things improved or stayed the same
    03-22-12 09:03 PM
    Berryweather is the undisputed king of overrated apps. Buggy, expensive and absolutely no support. It would be bad even if it was free. I actually used it for 2 years so I'm speaking from experience.

After I got my 9900 I started using Quickweather and haven't looked back.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    03-22-12 10:27 PM
    I know it's off the subject, but I downloaded quick weather earlier today, and so far I am liking it a lot, and enjoying it without leakage
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    03-23-12 09:15 PM
    Berryweather is the undisputed king of overrated apps. Buggy, expensive and absolutely no support. It would be bad even if it was free. I actually used it for 2 years so I'm speaking from experience.

After I got my 9900 I started using Quickweather and haven't looked back.
    Thanks for the Info! I've also been using Berryweather for 2 years & although it works fine for others, it's not exactly what I wanted.
    I purchased Quickweather & I love it. It doesn't drain my system & no leak, not a drop. =)

Truly...Thank You
    Last edited by BerryBubbles; 03-24-12 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Spelling
    03-23-12 10:30 PM
    Can i make the weather appear on my background but alot smaller icon perhaps??

Dont want it to be my screen picture on my blackberry. Try fooling around but couldnt find an option for it. Any help would be appreciated!
    04-04-12 07:35 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD