Are you using AppWorld on the phone or your PC? I think you can also download it OTA from the BellShare website.

You also need to register when installing on a new OS. I have been playing around with so many OS versions on the 9900 that I just created a BellShare contact on the phone with the license number in it, so I can copy and paste the license back into BeWeather after every new OS install.
    No luck there either. Just found an OTA link, installed, same behavior. I reverted to the AppWorld version so I get updates. I hope there is one soon, because using the GPS for updates eats a lot of battery.
    01-12-12 02:42 PM
    GPS for updates eats a lot of battery.
    Why don't you just type in the city? Are you pilot and in a different city every couple of hours
    01-12-12 02:44 PM
    Why don't you just type in the city? Are you pilot and in a different city every couple of hours
    I can. It defeats the benefit of a moving forecast as I drive or fly though. I paid for the app - I want it to work correctly!

Thanks for the attempts to help.
    01-12-12 02:46 PM
    I can. It defeats the benefit of a moving forecast as I drive or fly though. I paid for the app - I want it to work correctly!

Thanks for the attempts to help.
    You might want to check with BellShare.

I also forgot to ask what device you are on. I am on a 9900 on Rogers. The cell tower location may be a problem with your carrier or device capabilities, like how CDMA will not do voice and data at the same time.
    01-12-12 02:51 PM
    There is an App called SignalLoc that gives you info on the cell towers you are using and their location. A forum moderator posted it in the link below. Try loading the app and see if it can find your tower locations. I assume BeWeather is probably using the same info.

When I select the option for seeing the location of the tower in SignalLoc, I get the location and it will map it for me too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post6958451
    01-12-12 02:58 PM
    There is an App called SignalLoc that gives you info on the cell towers you are using and their location. A forum moderator posted it in the link below. Try loading the app and see if it can find your tower locations. I assume BeWeather is probably using the same info.

When I select the option for seeing the location of the tower in SignalLoc, I get the location and it will map it for me too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post6958451
    I am on a 9930 with Verizon. Other apps, such as Poynt, successfully obtain cell-tower location estimates when not in GPS range, so I know that's not the problem.

I am trying to reach Bellshare, but they aren't the most responsive.
    01-12-12 03:29 PM
    Hello,

Is anyone aware of why the paid version of BeWeather is not available for BB 9650s on the Blackberry App world? It is only showing me the free version. I did a security wipe and am trying to reinstall the apps I had and wanted to add the paid version since I paid for it. Thanks.
    Last edited by casarez; 03-07-12 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Changed 8650 to 9650
    03-07-12 10:42 AM
    This might have something to do with RIM giving it away for free for all BB OS7 users. I noticed on my mother's Curve 3G running OS5 that it is also not listed. Just the free version as you say. Hmmmm.
    03-07-12 10:45 AM
    So we have to wait until 5/31 to be able to download it again?
    03-07-12 10:53 AM
    You should be able to purchase and download direct from Bellshare...

Bellshare - BerryWeather
    03-08-12 08:57 AM
    Make sure you search 'berryweather', not 'beweather' I just checked on the Crackberry App store and its on sale for $6.99. When you purchase through them it is so easy if you need to download again or change devices, not extra cost at all.
    I love this weather app.
    03-10-12 05:47 PM
    Hi,
    I found out that BeWeather is free to download until March 31st (usually $9.99), but when I scan the QR code with app world it says that the program is unavailable for my device (9900). The paid one seems to be fine.
    Any idea why this is happening? Has anyone with a 9900 been able to get BeWeather for free?
    Thanks!!
    03-20-12 02:35 PM
    Did you tried to go to Appworld BeWeather Complimentary application without scanning the QR code?
    03-20-12 02:40 PM
    Did you try just going into App World and clicking on the "Get over $77 in selected premium apps" graphic at the top of the page?
    The current complimentary apps are for US users only No love for Canada .
    rfig likes this.
    The current complimentary apps are for US users only No love for Canada .
    Thanks, that explains it.

It really sucks, though. How would RIM feel if all canadians with a BB moved to iPhones or Android devices? That's no way to treat loyal customers!!
    03-20-12 02:51 PM
    I'm using WeatherBug on my 9900, which is apparently for the 9700 lol...found it somewhere on the forum, can't remember where exactly...as far as comparing BW to WB, I can't do that as I never used BW before.
    03-20-12 02:57 PM

It really sucks, though. How would RIM feel if all canadians with a BB moved to iPhones or Android devices? That's no way to treat loyal customers!!
    RIM is Canadian for Christ's sake!
    03-20-12 02:57 PM

I wouldn't lose sleep over this one, gang...the app was completely UNDERwhelming to me...I can't believe anyone would have spent $9.99 on this app to begin with...if you want a decent app that's free, use the one from accu-weather...it works really well on my Bold and keeps you local temperature on top of your screen in the message status line....

Free AccuWeather for BlackBerry - Download AccuWeather for BlackBerry - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

Enjoy...
    rfig likes this.
    03-20-12 03:49 PM
    Just updated to the latest version. Supposedly this should fix the memory leak. Go to app world and get your upgrade. Funny thing is that the crackberry store does not show the upgrade.
    03-21-12 08:51 PM
    You wouldn't happen to know the new version number on the BeWeather update would you?

Edit; I'm still showing 2.6.12 version for BeWeather
    Last edited by spencerdl; 03-21-12 at 08:59 PM.
    03-21-12 08:55 PM
    2.6.17. Been installed for 3 hours. No leak yet.
    03-21-12 09:13 PM
    2.6.17. Been installed for 3 hours. No leak yet.
    Okay, it's not showing up for me yet or is this BeWeather update for 7.0 devices only
    03-21-12 09:16 PM
    Not sure. Sorry
    03-21-12 10:38 PM
    I updated a few days ago, fixes the homescreen refresh

Also, if its not showing in appworld for you refresh appworld, type "34(" in the search bar (works like alt RST on the keyboard)
    03-21-12 11:38 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD