05-22-12 03:34 AM
31 12
tools
    Np! And ur right, I don't know how droid will respond. But ppl are switching and most in the blog world are satisfied... So when something is not working right on one platform, your only alternative is to try another... Right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 01:41 PM
    I can also confirm it's from too many apps. I've gotten this one a couple times.
    Upside to it is that I go through and delete the apps I never use lol.
    05-17-11 08:52 PM
    Once I downloaded the new OS released today by Verizon, I have experienced this very issue throughout the day. My memory went from 223 to 186 once I downloaded the update, and voila, my 9650 crashes. It took hours or working through apps, deleting many themes, and finally resetting the device to work this evening, although I am only up to around 194 mb of space left, so I am pretty sure this will continue. I love new themes but can't chance crashes throughout the day, so I deleted about 10 of my 24 that I had on the device. I never experienced this issue before today's update.

I am wondering how the new updated OS reduced memory by 43.3 mb (that is, it uses an additional 43.3). That seems like a heck of a lot of space. You would think the entire system would operate differently, which does not seem to be the case.

Yesterday I read these posts and was thankful that I was not having these issues....one download later and I am there with you guys. It sucks.

Doug
    05-17-11 10:54 PM
    I got my droid inc 2 today and honestly guys... I cant put it down! Every single app on BB is on droid and WAYYYYY better, faster, smoother, in most cases free, etc! I know this thread is about the memory issue but just because there is no resolution, I went droid and I just wanted to report that it is indeed an eye opener! So if ur all thinking about it, dont think much! Its like doing from 1980 to 2012
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-18-11 at 02:21 AM.
    05-18-11 02:13 AM
    I have a Bold 9650 as well and switched to a Droid Incredible 2. But I ended up selling the Droid and going back to the Bold 9650. Even though nobody has found out a solution to this problem, I just LOVE the Bold. I actually believe in RIM the company and what they stand for. LOVE WHAT YOU DO, BE BOLD! "Research in Motion Limited." I believe they want their users to be smarter than their smartphones. Technology is going way to far in my opinion. Everything happens for a reason. This may be a problem now, but at least RIM is aware of it now and is only going to make there Operating System Flawless! I know I'm posting this kinda late, but it's never too late! RIM and BlackBerry are only improving. When we learn from our mistakes, it makes our mistakes worth while.
    05-22-12 01:58 AM
    i don't know why, but with my device 9000, i totally have only 10M free memory...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    05-22-12 03:34 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD