Seriously,who would buy such an costly app?
    01-01-12 08:17 PM
    there are apps that cost that much in the ios store, things for autistic people, high end soft for doctors and such. it usually comes down to someone licensing tech for use in their apps. there is a few on ios that help people with speech, like steven hawking has, and they are very expensive as they have to pay big bucks to get the speech engine and so on. im suprised it took this long.

i guess it comes down to need, if you really need it, you pay.
    01-01-12 08:22 PM
    The Full Bloomberg App costs far more than $500 bucks,
    You pay for what your needs are, there was a time that AutoCad Cost $8,000 for the PC, now it can be had for $4000, and it still sells, that is because it has a need. same things for $500 dollar apps, if they have a need, they are justifiable
    01-01-12 08:33 PM
    The Full Bloomberg App costs far more than $500 bucks,
    You pay for what your needs are, there was a time that AutoCad Cost $8,000 for the PC, now it can be had for $4000, and it still sells, that is because it has a need. same things for $500 dollar apps, if they have a need, they are justifiable
    I am surprised at how much the "value" I assign to an app has changed.

I once looked at pfs:Write as very "inexpensive" at $299 compared to WordPerfect at $799.

Now if I see a $7.99 app, I need to read some convincing reviews before I commit.

All perception, it's all relative I suppose.
    01-01-12 09:21 PM
    I am surprised at how much the "value" I assign to an app has changed.

I once looked at pfs:Write as very "inexpensive" at $299 compared to WordPerfect at $799.

Now if I see a $7.99 app, I need to read some convincing reviews before I commit.

All perception, it's all relative I suppose.
    I just read a very good article on this very thing. The writers assumption at the end is that if Apple and others at the start of the whole App store thing had encouraged paid apps (.99) instead of free we wouldn't be so bad for this very thing. Makes sense to me. Games on a console are way more cash than at the app stores but people spend on console games without the same head game, funny.
    01-01-12 09:59 PM
    Wasn't there a $1m app on iOS initially? My wife reckons someone actually bought it before Apple pulled it from the site.
    01-01-12 09:59 PM
    Wasn't there a $1m app on iOS initially? My wife reckons someone actually bought it before Apple pulled it from the site.
    I faintly recall there being an app called "I'm rich!" or something and it did absolutely nothing. I don't think the price was 1m though, I think just $500 or so. Apparently a few people were stupid enough to buy it before Apple pulled it.
    01-01-12 10:59 PM
    Price is only an issue in the absence of value.
    01-02-12 01:11 AM
    there was a time that AutoCad Cost $8,000 for the PC, now it can be had for $4000, and it still sells, that is because it has a need.
    I think they still have a program that's around $8k. I hear a CATIA license is somewhere around that range too, but I don't think there's a price listed anywhere.

The most I've ever spent for an app was like $25 or 30, for the official HP 15C emulator for my iPod touch. Quite cheap in comparison with the real one, which can rarely be found for under $170 used.
    01-02-12 02:04 AM
    I faintly recall there being an app called "I'm rich!" or something and it did absolutely nothing. I don't think the price was 1m though, I think just $500 or so. Apparently a few people were stupid enough to buy it before Apple pulled it.
    It was $1000 per pop, and it did do something - display a red glowing jewel on the screen when you open the app or something for you to show off to your friends...
    01-02-12 04:31 AM
    There was an app in iOS App Store which was $999. It had no function...
    01-02-12 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD