Awesome, I'll give feedback after I do a pull.
    10-20-09 11:26 PM
    Awesome, I'll give feedback after I do a pull.
    Awesome thanks.

Feedback helps a lot in the development of the app.
    10-20-09 11:40 PM
    VZW Tour V4.7.1.57
    TourSlider 4.0.2

Sliding is still not very smooth. It looks like it has 3 positions before it unlocks, 0/4, 1/3, 2/3, and then it unlocks before the animation moves from the 2/3 mark. Once you hit the password portion you can see it's at 4/4, but you wouldn't see that unless you had a password enabled. The reverse motion is much smoother.

The password seems to be working well. I've tried multiple length passwords, and they all work nicely. Vibration on incorrect password works like a charm.

Slider text looks nice, being able to edit that is a nice feature. Same goes for the background image. Thanks for including that gem.

Launch on lock takes about 15 seconds to kick in (as the screen dims), which isn't really a problem, just not what I was expecting.

I'm still not getting lock on charger, does this only work if your phone dims while charging?
    -I disabled launch on charger and tossed it on the cradle in bedside mode. After the phone dimmed, the slider came up.

Overall, this version is a huge improvement from the version that was up earlier today. I'd say it's pretty usable right now, but since you asked us to, I felt I had to nitpick
    10-21-09 12:14 AM
    I downloaded the app via the free promo. Can I update to the new version for free?
    10-21-09 12:36 AM
    You should be able to, it didn't give me any trouble.
    10-21-09 12:38 AM
    Yes, I was able to. I was just confirming with the author. As others have stated, now I have an icon and the ability to set a wall paper. I've set some to "No" such as lock on charger and the app still locks. I noticed "lock on media player and lock on voice notes" have been removed. Maybe they were the options causing the app not to work if turned to "No" in the previous release. Thanks for the update so quickly.

This really is a cool little app and worth the $2.99.
    Last edited by arcadence; 10-21-09 at 01:26 AM.
    10-21-09 01:22 AM
    I like this little app... BUT i noticed that the 0 key CANNOT be entered as a character as a pin... which sucks cuz on the setup screen it can be... so guess that doesnt unlock now???? Ill give people 1 guess
    10-21-09 01:52 AM
    are you saying your phone is forked up?
    10-21-09 12:54 PM
    I still have to use that pain-in-the-**** press phone and * simultaneously and with my third hand hold the phone.
    ok, so have none of you pressed the lock button to unlock the phone?? lol
    just read through the thread and saw people complaining about pressing the combo. all you have to do to unlock is hit the lock button again.

?am I an ***** for posting this? seems like it would be common sense lol
    either way just throwing that out there lol
    10-21-09 02:47 PM
    ok, so have none of you pressed the lock button to unlock the phone?? lol
    just read through the thread and saw people complaining about pressing the combo. all you have to do to unlock is hit the lock button again.

?am I an ***** for posting this? seems like it would be common sense lol
    either way just throwing that out there lol
    Why would we press the lock button to unlock the phone, when the message on the phone explicitly states press the "phone" button and * simultaneously to unlock. I generally follow directions, rather than randomly pressing buttons hoping that the device will do what I want (aka "common sense"). Also, I am not a seasoned user since I've only had a working 9630 for a week, so I don't know all the nuances of the device.

Nevertheless, thanks for the tip. It works just like you said.

Try to be nice in the future... some of us are noobs.

FA
    10-21-09 03:46 PM
    Just updated. Sweet. I liked it before, but I like it even more with the custom wallpapers . Thanks again for the free copy.
    10-21-09 04:19 PM
    Since updating to the 4.x ver it locks when it should but it locks up every 2 out of 3 unlocks after a battery pull. Also since installing on my device if you open up contacts and close the contacts application and then try to open it again it stalls the tour till you hit the end key about 4 to 5 times. Once I uninstall the tourslider app the problem goes away.

I am running 5.0.0.230 on my Tour.
    10-21-09 04:38 PM
    I really wanted to get it for free, don't know if I can justify the 2.99 price tag for something that isn't incredibly important... The default unlock screen works fine.
    10-21-09 04:45 PM
    Sorry, I'm a BlackBerry noob.

I got one of the free copies yesterday and still have the old version from the bad link. How do I update it to version 4?

TIA!

FA
    Last edited by Floont; 10-21-09 at 04:50 PM.
    10-21-09 04:48 PM
    Sorry, I'm a BlackBerry noob.

I got one of the free copies yesterday and still have the old version from the bad link. How do I update it to version 4?

TIA!

FA
    log into m.mobihand.com by clicking on account. You will see where to download the updated version from there.
    10-21-09 05:04 PM
    You have to move the trackball.
    LOLOL, y i figured it out, thanks...you know im not used to locking my key pad and I noticed on the drive home that this app is just more annoying then helpful. I mean its cool but worthless to me.
    10-21-09 05:16 PM
    log into m.mobihand.com by clicking on account. You will see where to download the updated version from there.
    Doesn't work since I don't have an account.
    10-21-09 05:20 PM
    i like this app it was worth the 2.99 just wish the actual sync between the track ball and the actual slider was more together/ faster sometimes have to scroll couple times to get to unlock. but thats my 2 cents but if it can be done this would be prime! 4/5 rating on this app! especially love the ability to change the text in the scroll and wallpaper although the stockpaper that came with the app is really cool and will probly utilize that more than any of my wallpapers!
    10-21-09 05:43 PM
    I am giving up on this time-wasting experience. I get links that don't exist from other users or old ones from the author. I register on mobihand.com, and it says I never downloaded anything from them since I got the free old Tourslider version (in the first 50) from mobihand while I was a guest, so I can't get version 4. Nobody will answer my PM's that should know how to get it.

Well, it's been fun wasting a couple hours on something I could have purchased for $3 that I'm not even sure if I wanted anyway. I gave the author 5 stars for the effort. They deserve it. But I've had enough of chasing my tail on this app.

Please don't think I'm irritated at any of the users (or author) here, I am just so frustrated with my Blackberry and my lack of knowledge of how to do something as simple as update an app.

FA
    10-21-09 05:56 PM
    I am giving up on this time-wasting experience. I get links that don't exist from other users or old ones from the author. I register on mobihand.com, and it says I never downloaded anything from them since I got the free old Tourslider version (in the first 50) from mobihand while I was a guest, so I can't get version 4. Nobody will answer my PM's that should know how to get it.

Well, it's been fun wasting a couple hours on something I could have purchased for $3 that I'm not even sure if I wanted anyway. I gave the author 5 stars for the effort. They deserve it. But I've had enough of chasing my tail on this app.

Please don't think I'm irritated at any of the users (or author) here, I am just so frustrated with my Blackberry and my lack of knowledge of how to do something as simple as update an app.

FA
    How did you purchase the program for 0.00 What site were you on? What info (email address) did you use to get this software? You had to use an email address to get the software. If you have that email address then try using the forgot password option on the logon screen at mobihand.

It is not time wasting just cause you do not understand how to get something. If you keep an attitude like that then I guess computers in general is a time wasting experience.
    10-21-09 06:37 PM
    How did you purchase the program for 0.00 What site were you on? What info (email address) did you use to get this software? You had to use an email address to get the software. If you have that email address then try using the forgot password option on the logon screen at mobihand.

It is not time wasting just cause you do not understand how to get something. If you keep an attitude like that then I guess computers in general is a time wasting experience.
    I used the promotion code yesterday at the beginning of this thread in mobihand.com and put it into the shopping cart after selecting. I did make an error in my earlier post in that I did in fact register, but it did not recognize my password today, so I made the mistake of re-registering using the same email address which apparently erases previous "purchases".
    The m.mobihand.com does not work at least not an hour ago (404 error) - screenshot available on request.
    I have been asking how to get this new ex-freebie since yesterday and have had no success after 10 posts just on this thread.
    It is time-wasting because it has wasted my time and I have nothing to show for it. Regarding "attitude", I am merely stating facts. There is no need for emotion.
    And I do waste a lot of time with computational equipment since I have been through the whole revolution almost since the beginning in the 60's and I have made a good living at exploiting their power through the years. They have transformed the industry I am in and I am a key part of that transformation.
    All I wanted was a free app and 11 posts later (if you include this one) and hours of fiddling with this kludge of a new phone and I still don't have anything to show for it (my second Tour in two weeks since the first one was defective even though VZW wouldn't admit it... another waste of time).
    In summary: hours of effort with no results = waste of time.

FA

PS Although, I have a lot of computer experience, I am a noob on Blackberries, so please cut me some slack. Thanks.
    10-21-09 07:23 PM
    Never mind. I just happened to remember I saved the download link in the email from Mobihand.com. I just selected it from the BB and it linked to the new version and overwrote the old one. So I'm good to go now.

Thanks for those who have tried to help. You know how nasty us old men are when we get frustrated!

FA
    10-21-09 07:35 PM
    Why would we press the lock button to unlock the phone, when the message on the phone explicitly states press the "phone" button and * simultaneously to unlock. I generally follow directions, rather than randomly pressing buttons hoping that the device will do what I want (aka "common sense"). Also, I am not a seasoned user since I've only had a working 9630 for a week, so I don't know all the nuances of the device.

Nevertheless, thanks for the tip. It works just like you said.

Try to be nice in the future... some of us are noobs.

FA
    lol
    dont take the common sense thing torward you guys lol
    this is my first blackberry period lol so i thought maybe i was stating common knowledge lol
    so dont think i was trying to be a **** in anyway like i said didnt know if everyone knew that already
    sorry if it came off that way
    10-21-09 09:11 PM
    Never mind. I just happened to remember I saved the download link in the email from Mobihand.com. I just selected it from the BB and it linked to the new version and overwrote the old one. So I'm good to go now.

Thanks for those who have tried to help. You know how nasty us old men are when we get frustrated!

FA
    No worries glad you got it working. Blackberry's are about as easy as any other platform as long as you forget what you know and start from scratch.

This site is awesome for info along with a few other like blackberryos.com.

Hope you enjoy the BB!
    10-22-09 10:37 AM
    are you saying your phone is forked up?
    kinda... i hooked up the phone to dm and deleted the app... and i redownloaded it but it still was locked up... so i just deleted the app
    10-22-09 12:02 PM
125 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD