Well, when I updated to 4.7.148 all my themes and 3rd party apps got deleted off of my phone.

I heard somewhere that the 5.0 update will back up 3rd party apps and the such, but what is the truth behind that statement?

If my stuff is deleted, if I sign into BB app world, will I be able to get all my apps back?
    10-25-09 02:58 PM
    its all backed up and restored, you will lose all 3rd party app settings though
    10-25-09 03:00 PM
    its all backed up and restored, you will lose all 3rd party app settings though
    Ok, thats not a big deal.

thanks for the info
    10-25-09 03:02 PM
    Might want to back them up manually though. BBSAK will do this. Google it and download it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 04:09 PM
    With all the problems people were having with DM for the mac, should I wait till tomorrow when I can use my work PC to update? I have the newest DM for mac installed but have never used it (just found my USB cable).

I just remember hearing about peoples contacts getting erased and losing all their apps when they used DM for mac. I don't use app world anymore but I do like the setup I have on my phone now, will the non app world apps be saved?

Lastly, this is completely off topic but just throwing it out there. The reason why S2 sales won't be affected is because not only are there only a few people that know about the S1 5.0 update, but even fewer will actually upgrade since there is no OTA link for the download. I think that was RIM's strategic reasoning behind not having an OTA.
    10-25-09 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD