i have just updated to 6.0 and its great, runs amazing...however i can not find app world... i went into dm and made sure that it was installed as i went through and deleted all the languages and extras.... but i have no idea where to find it... anyone else having this problem...

also, is what i described above considered shrinking the os?
    03-17-11 02:09 PM
    Since you used RIMs won DM software, it is not unofficial shrinking like I did with BB Boss. So... you should have the app world if you installed it on your phone during the install process. Sometimes I found some app goes into "hide" after an upgrade. So, you may want to click on "Show All" from your BB menu and see if it is there. If it is still not there, plug your BB to computer and using the BB Desktop Software, go to Applications and see if it is installed. If it is install, look if there is star beside it with an update, if there is one, click on it and update the app.

Another thing you can do is go to your phone's options and then to applications and see if app world is there.

All the best.... I upgraded from OS5 to OS6 after heavy shrinking using BB Boss and I have no issues at all.
    thompson_704 likes this.
    03-17-11 02:37 PM
    For whatever bizarre reason, it is a common issue to lose access to either App World or BBM following some upgrades.

I would follow the latter suggestion above. Go to Options app. (Wrench icon or clicking O from the Home Screen if you have shortcuts enabled.) Type"app" and select Application Management. You can scroll down to BlackBerry App World or just start typing any of those words. If it's there, try the Show All suggestion.

Still can't see it? Go to download it again. From your device's Browser, go to:
    Download BlackBerry App World
    If it asks if you want to replace this version of AW with that version, say yes, even if it's the same version number.
    thompson_704 likes this.
    03-17-11 03:01 PM
    Oh another little I just had (so I've never tested it) is to go to the App World webstore from your PC. Email yourself the download link to an app. When you receive the email on your device, click on that link. This is supposed to open App World. If it does, click your MENU key (ie BB logo) and select Featured View.
    03-17-11 03:05 PM
    so its showing its on my phone... i have done show all... and still cant access it... strange...

edit: downloaded and replaced it and it showed up on my home screen, appreciate the help.
    Last edited by thompson_704; 03-17-11 at 03:24 PM.
    03-17-11 03:09 PM
    Like I said, it doesn't happen most of the time, but it is a common issue. It is strange!

So you can try my trick to email yourself a link, or just re-download.
    03-17-11 03:24 PM
    Common issue, had the same thing, a reinstall solved it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD