I don't know what I'd do without stoptilt. The biggest drawback is that it doesn't work with some 3rd party apps. There are workarounds to get it to work with some apps that I've discovered. I'm going to list them below. I'm hoping this thread can be used for others to add to the list and explain how they were able to get stoptilt to work with apps not in my initial post. So far I have successfully used stoptilt with:

bbtext2im
    3jam
    bbfilescout
    podtrapper
    bbappworld (which is obvious - doesn't require workaround)

There may be others but those are the ones that I have rotation disabled on that are currently installed on my phone.

I have tried really hard to find a way to use stoptilt with google maps, the gmail app, and opera mini, but to no avail. I'm hoping someone has figured out a way that I haven't thought of.

The basic workaround entails getting the app to open up a native app within the third party app itself. So getting the app to invoke your contacts or compose or messages, etc., will allow you to disable rotation for the app (and it will stick through resets).

For example, with bbfilescout, navigate to a media file and highlight it. Then click the bb button and select send. Once it opens up the native email app, you can disable auto-rotation like you would on a native app. After backing out of the native app, you can exit, reset, etc., do whatever you want, & then the 3rd party app will lock in whatever mode you locked it in until you enable rotation again.

Does anyone have any apps that they can add to the list?
    08-06-09 08:37 PM
    I'm content with Stoptilt just working on the home screen lol...if it worked with Opera, that would be great as well. I can't live without it though...
    08-06-09 08:56 PM
    it wont work with certain 3rd party apps because the dev can not access them without the help of the devs of the apps.
    08-06-09 11:26 PM
    it wont work with certain 3rd party apps because the dev can not access them without the help of the devs of the apps.
    Right....but there are workarounds, as I said. Perhaps you only read my thread title w/o reading the substance?

And normally I would not say anything like this, but as you were disrespectful to me, and as your profile is full of condescension, I must let you know, change "PIN: Only if your good" to "PIN: Only if YOU'RE good."
    Last edited by jostrat21; 08-06-09 at 11:43 PM.
    08-06-09 11:36 PM
    Ya didn't read that part, my bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD