Question 1: Can I download, load, update my BB OS using a Mac? I know that it wasn't possible before but was curious if anything has changed.

Question 2: Does anyone know of an effective checkbook or personal finance app that will help keep my wife and I on the same page as far as transactions and balances. I'm looking for an app (if available) that will sync me and my wife's phones so that our registers are up to date, current, and reflect both of our daily transactions so that our registers are synced. I don't know what she's spending, she doesn't know what I'm spending, therefore, our registers aren't in sync. So, we have to constantly go over it together to see what the other has spent so both of our registers are balanced properly and in sync. Seems like a great idea if there isn't already an app for it.

Thanks for your responses!
    11-12-10 10:27 AM
    Question 1: Can I download, load, update my BB OS using a Mac? I know that it wasn't possible before but was curious if anything has changed.

Question 2: Does anyone know of an effective checkbook or personal finance app that will help keep my wife and I on the same page as far as transactions and balances. I'm looking for an app (if available) that will sync me and my wife's phones so that our registers are up to date, current, and reflect both of our daily transactions so that our registers are synced. I don't know what she's spending, she doesn't know what I'm spending, therefore, our registers aren't in sync. So, we have to constantly go over it together to see what the other has spent so both of our registers are balanced properly and in sync. Seems like a great idea if there isn't already an app for it.

Thanks for your responses!
    I can't help u on the checkbook thing--I quit writing checks years ago--everything is done online and with our Amex card which rewards us with rebates for our expenditures. (in a year, we write maybe 5 checks) I LOVE not having to balance a checkbook anymore! It used to be a monthly hassle to balance--a time waster, IMO. Can't you switch to online payment of most/all your bills? it's so much nicer than trying to keep up with a checking account used by two people. saves on arguments too--"honey, you forgot to enter a check!!!". LOL!
    11-12-10 10:50 AM
    I hear ya. It's not checks though. It's all of the debit card transactions. Since we both have debit/check cards and use them as our primary source of everyday spending, it's hard to keep track of whose spending what. Know what I mean?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 11:05 AM
    I hear ya. It's not checks though. It's all of the debit card transactions. Since we both have debit/check cards and use them as our primary source of everyday spending, it's hard to keep track of whose spending what. Know what I mean?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ah, yes, I hear you. I never use our debit cards. First out of my wallet is our Amex, and next up (if they don't accept Amex) is our Visa credit card. I don't see any advantage (for myself) to use a debit card.
    11-12-10 11:36 AM
    I use Mobile Checkbook it is great except that it doesn't sync with another phone like you are looking for as a feature. If you find one that does be sure to let me know! I would love that as my wife and I have the same issue with our debit cards. She hates that I am always asking for her receipts.

OurGroceries syncs shopping lists between phones so surely some App developer can do it for balancing a checking account.
    11-12-10 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD