hi there
    i have a BB 9700
    i live in egypt and for a certain reason, bb app world is not available here
    dont know why and i wish if anybody can explain. i managed to get a hyprid OS with the app world pr-installed. when i try to run it, obviously it tells me that its not available in my country. any way to overcome this? or i am stuck there?
    thanks for your help..
    08-31-10 01:27 AM
    hi there
    i have a BB 9700
    i live in egypt and for a certain reason, bb app world is not available here
    dont know why and i wish if anybody can explain. i managed to get a hyprid OS with the app world pr-installed. when i try to run it, obviously it tells me that its not available in my country. any way to overcome this? or i am stuck there?
    thanks for your help..
    You could move? Short from that, I doubt you'll be able to trick BIS as to your location, as it can tell which towers you're obtaining signal from.

Sorry!
    08-31-10 02:46 AM
    Wifi?

10 characters

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 02:49 AM
    Switch off Mobile Network. Connect to WiFi. Open App World.

Works very well for me.

L o r d R a j: BlackBerry AppWorld 2.0.0.36
    08-31-10 05:46 AM
    Switch off Mobile Network. Connect to WiFi. Open App World.

Works very well for me.

[]L o r d R a j: BlackBerry AppWorld 2.0.0.36[/url]
    thanks for the help but i get this error message saying: you dont have sufficient wireless coverage or your connection to the wireless network is turned off.
    this is the same wireless connection i am using on my laptop now so it is certainly working..
    any other suggestions?
    08-31-10 05:00 PM
    Well, clearly your BlackBerry isn't connecting to the WiFi properly.

As far as I know, AT PRESENT the only way to make App World work (in unsupported countries) is to use WiFi.

I would suggest, firstly check if your BlackBerry is connecting properly to the WiFi.
    Once you switch off your Mobile Network, your WiFi indicator would be greyed out - initially. It is then supposed to connect to the network that it's found (provided it's been correctly set up on your device, as in WEP passphrase etc).

Once that's done, the greyed out WiFi connection will get brighter (well, it actually turns white). That simply means that your BlackBerry is now back online, but this time it's using the WiFi and NOT the Mobile Network.

Once you get the brighter white WiFi, fire up the App World and it should be working.

From your last post, it doesn't seem like your problem is App World. Your BlackBerry clearly isn't recognising the WiFi. I would suggest to reconfigure the WiFi on your BlackBerry first, before retrying.

All the best.
    08-31-10 06:46 PM
    Lordraj, u gave it to me. the it guy here is not accepting new connections on the wifi. gotta get it working somewhere else. thanks for ur help
    08-31-10 10:58 PM
    Happy to help.
    Cheers, mate.
    09-02-10 03:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD