Don't know if someone posted this or not, but I updated my app center and it said 2 new apps. It's an update for Visual Voice mail and My Space. I don't use My Space but I do use Visual Voice Mail. Does anyone know what was updated in Visual Voice mail?
    01-17-09 08:13 AM
    Dont know about the visual voice mail, but does anyone know if the myspace app that they just added is different than the one that you can dl from myspace?
    01-17-09 08:18 AM
    Dont know about the visual voice mail, but does anyone know if the myspace app that they just added is different than the one that you can dl from myspace?
    I just checked and it is the same exact version number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 08:31 AM
    Visusal Voice Mail went from 1.19.2 to 1.19.6, does anyone know what changes were made?
    01-17-09 08:46 AM
    I went into the VVM app, went to 'check for upgrade" and it said most current version installed 1.19.2. I wonder if the upgrade button is broken in VVM? Can anyone upgrade through appcenter?

01-17-09 08:54 AM
    Who cares? Why would you pay Verizon monthly for something that should be FREE!
    01-17-09 08:56 AM
    I went into the VVM app, went to 'check for upgrade" and it said most current version installed 1.19.2. I wonder if the upgrade button is broken in VVM? Can anyone upgrade through appcenter?

I did the same thing, but then I went into the app center and clicked the new Visual Voice Mail and it upgraded it to the new one.
    01-17-09 09:00 AM
    Why should it be free? Normal voicemail is free.
    01-17-09 09:06 AM
    I agree. I don't mind paying $2.99 a month for a good service. For me Visual Voice Mail is great because I don't have to call in and listen to all my messages just to hear one specific one. I'll pay for that any day.
    01-17-09 09:11 AM
    Should be free according to who?

Stop being cheap
    01-17-09 09:19 AM
    Should be free according to who?

Stop being cheap
    According to the guy who chose that to be his first post. Let's give him a pass.
    01-17-09 09:22 AM
    According to the guy who chose that to be his first post. Let's give him a pass.
    hhahaha. I had to laugh on this one. The Myspace app is already the latest one. But then if you download it from the appcenter, it doesnt show it as installed on there? hmm...
    01-17-09 09:44 AM
    I'll gladly pay the $2.99/mth for VVM. It's a nicely integrated, slick interface that works very well. Once I tried it, I could never imagine going back to the dial in method.

Look at all the hoops people are jumping through just to get youmail to work as a free alternative.
    01-17-09 09:51 AM
    Noticed this as well so uploaded the new version. Now I don't get many voicemails but thinking about cancelling this feature. After I downloaded the new version of this app, a voicemail came up that was left for me on JANUARY 2ND!!!! Going to have to call an complain about this issue...
    01-17-09 10:04 AM
    Noticed this as well so uploaded the new version. Now I don't get many voicemails but thinking about cancelling this feature. After I downloaded the new version of this app, a voicemail came up that was left for me on JANUARY 2ND!!!! Going to have to call an complain about this issue...
    I had the same Issue. I upgraded and found out I had messages that was left a week ago I didn't know about.
    01-17-09 10:18 AM
    I upgraded from 1.19.2 to 1.19.6 and then could not get it start. I was getting permission errors that said I needed to ALLOW PHONE, but did not have that option, only had DENY and PROMPT. I am running OS .83.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled 1.19.2 from an old backup and everything is fine.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!
    01-17-09 11:48 AM
    i love vvm! definitely worth the 2.99
    01-17-09 12:06 PM
    Sighhh. I haven't taken the plunge yet because I'm afraid I will love it even though I don't get many calls. Hahah.
    01-17-09 12:14 PM
    I had the same Issue. I upgraded and found out I had messages that was left a week ago I didn't know about.
    That is strange, I always get my messages on time all the time.
    01-17-09 04:23 PM
    It's worth it just to be able to save the voice mail file to the sd.
    01-17-09 07:54 PM

well at least we know why there is an upgrade..
    01-17-09 07:55 PM
    BECAUSE IT'S FREE ON THE iPHONE !

just like LOOPT is free for everyone else, and verizon is going to charge us 3.99 a month.

funny how the most expensive service provider nickle and dimes you for everything.

visual voicemail sucks. the volume is too low and wont go any higher. the voicemails start before you get the phone to your ear.. LAME !
    01-18-09 05:32 PM
    BECAUSE IT'S FREE ON THE iPHONE !

visual voicemail sucks. the volume is too low and wont go any higher. the voicemails start before you get the phone to your ear.. LAME !
    I usually just press the speakphone icon to listen to my messages instead of putting the phone up to my ear.

It would be nice for Verizon to make it so that the volume can be louder.
    01-18-09 06:50 PM
    I'm sure everyone here knows about Youmail and that free app that mimics VVVM? I loved Youmail and with that app, I would use it again....but I have kept VVM for now....I had sporadic issues where my messages would be delivered but some which were more than 24 hours late....so I sincerely hope this update solves that issue.
    01-18-09 07:33 PM
    downloaded the upgrade. works great. some changes are voicemails when being played are much louder. it plays in speaker phone. great update
    01-19-09 02:18 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD