Last week, the Dropbox team announced the very first Dropquest. Any user who completes the Dropquest-an online scavenger hunt-is rewarded with 1GB of free space! The only requirement to enter is a Dropbox account. If you do not already have one, you can sign up HERE for a free 250MB bonus. Read on for the official announcement...

"Hey everyone!

I'm very happy to announce the very first Dropquest! Dropquest will be a special event that gives YOU a chance to win free space and fantastic prizes not available anywhere else!

The Details:

Who: You!
    What: Dropquest is a multi-step scavenger hunt that will test your wits and knowledge. Expect to hop around the Dropbox site and the internet to find answers to easy and not-so-easy puzzles.
    When: Saturday January 15, 2011 11:00 AM PST (7:00 PM GMT).
    Where: Dropquest 2011 Official Starting Zone
    Prizes:

Completion: 1 GB for life
    Dropquest will also be timed, and the fastest finishers will be rewarded with even more fantastic prizes.

Platinum: (1) Dropbox hoodie (Psychobox), LIMITED EDITION Dropbox Hack Week t-shirt (actual design), Dropbox drawing signed by the Dropbox team, 50 GB for life!
    Gold: (10) Dropbox hoodie (Psychobox), Dropbox print signed by the Dropbox team, 10 GB for life!
    Silver: (20) Dropbox t-shirt (Psychobox), 5 GB for life!
    Bronze: (50) 2 GB for life!
    ...and a few secret prizes too!
    More Info:
    You don't have to start right at the starting time, as Dropquest will be available for two weeks. The starting time really only matters if you're going for the top prizes. Feel free to work together with a friend or two, but remember that only the fastest will be rewarded! This thread will also be used as a hub for all Dropquest related announcements, as well as intermittent hints for puzzles that may stump you along the way. If you're in need of live help, I suggest you visit Dropbox's IRC channel (irc.foonetic.net, #dropbox) as well (It's a cool place to hang out anyway). Good luck everyone!

Announcements:
    Update 1 (1/15/11 1:23PM GMT): Don't be discouraged if the questions are too difficult! We'll be tracking the farthest person along and releasing hints for every step up to that point every several hours.

Update 2 (1/15/11 19:21 GMT): The forums are overloaded due to lots of refreshing and a ton of posting. Please don't post to the forums unnecessarily -- none of the answers to the quest involve posting to the forums."
    01-18-11 12:10 PM
    The official post on the Dropbox thread can be located HERE.

DropQuest HINTS that don't give away answers

Dropbox Dropquest! Answer Key
    arcadence likes this.
    01-18-11 12:13 PM
    Thanks for the information! I've completed the Quest and uped my dropbox storage.
    01-18-11 01:54 PM
    Nice, just upped my storage too. I wish Dropbox allowed you to add storage for a one time fee. That's my only complaint.
    01-18-11 03:38 PM
    What a workout, but I finished and got an extra GB of space.
    01-18-11 04:31 PM
    I just found out that the prize for completing the last challenge was 3GB of extra storage. Devastating...
    01-19-11 01:34 PM
    I just found out that the prize for completing the last challenge was 3GB of extra storage. Devastating...

You mean the last person to complete the challenge? I mean, because we all completed the last challenge or else we wouldn't have gotten the full 1GB upgrade.
    01-19-11 03:21 PM
    Yes, please elaborate more on this 3 GB for the last challenge, because I only got 1 GB for completing all of the challenges. Don't get me wrong 1 GB is awesome, and I didn't mean only as in I'm ungrateful! Dropbox rocks!
    01-19-11 04:25 PM
    Sorry, I was referring to a challenge that ended about a month ago. Apparently there was an easter egg somewhere in the Dropbox forums that awarded 3GB to everyone who figured out the secret...
    Last edited by ligh7ning; 01-21-11 at 03:19 PM.
    01-20-11 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD