Ok, there is a fix for this. It's kind of a pain but here's what you do. The error is in 1 specific OS java file, specifically: net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme12.cod

The 151 OS version of that file is apparently effed up. So...you need to download the 148 version of that file and paste it into the 151 OS java folder and then reload your OS. I think you can basically download the 148 OS and install it on your PC. It should (I think) put it in its own folder (and not over top the 151 OS folder). Go into that new 148 OS java folder, copy the above mentioned file and paste it into the 151 OS java folder. Then, just to be safe, remove the 148 OS and folder completely from your PC and reload 151 onto your BB.

I ran into the same problem and it fixed me right up.
    07-17-09 07:46 PM
    so no need to replace the radio? just replace the net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme12.cod?
    07-17-09 07:53 PM
    so no need to replace the radio? just replace the net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme12.cod?
    That's just a fix for the blank icon problem. For the slacker/pandora problem, you need to replace the radio.
    07-17-09 07:56 PM
    Anyone with the blank icon problem, I'd be glad to email you the 148 net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme12.cod file. I'd post it but I don't know how to host files.... It's only 167KB. Just PM me your email address and I'll send it if you don't feel like downloading 148 again just to get the file.
    07-17-09 07:59 PM
    so do i replace with with the .141 radio? or.. which one is the best for .151? >.<
    07-17-09 08:04 PM
    The only one I can personally attest to is the 132 b/c that has been the best for me. I believe that any of the pre-151 radios will permit slacker/pandora to work again though.
    07-17-09 08:06 PM
    Uncleman, sent you a PM. Thanks for figuring all this out.
    07-17-09 08:23 PM
    Yes! Thanks Uncleman. I have icons back. Hopefully everything else will work okay.
    07-17-09 08:46 PM
    Glad to hear it worked.
    07-17-09 08:56 PM
    thanks man now i loaded up .148 radio on my .151 with icons. going good so far i hope it stays that way
    07-17-09 08:58 PM
    Good deal, glad to help.
    07-17-09 09:59 PM
    i have .151 and the newest version of pandora and I haven't had an issue... i streamed pandora all day today... weird!
    07-18-09 01:05 AM
    UNCLEMAN,

I wanted to personally thank you for all your time helping me with my BB. You spent more time helping me than most Vz reps have all put together.

I did download and install both os (148 and 151) on my PC, then copy and replaced from 148 into the 151 folder the radio file under CDMA folder and the plazmic file under the JAVA folder.

Then unistalled the 148 OS from the computer and loaded up the OS into the BB with AppLoader, which claimed I was doing a downgrade (makes sense, since I am replacing some 151 files with 148 files).

The phone booted and no problems, one small one, the browser was gone, but I reset the service books (advanced options/ network register) and the browser came back.

Now I am sitting on 151 with 181 plattaform and so far Slacker seems to be running fine, no port or memory errors for in the hour or so that I have been listening.

Thanks again man, you are an asset to this forum and the BB community in general.

Lenin.
    07-19-09 03:22 PM
    UNCLEMAN,

I wanted to personally thank you for all your time helping me with my BB. You spent more time helping me than most Vz reps have all put together.

I did download and install both os (148 and 151) on my PC, then copy and replaced from 148 into the 151 folder the radio file under CDMA folder and the plazmic file under the JAVA folder.

Then unistalled the 148 OS from the computer and loaded up the OS into the BB with AppLoader, which claimed I was doing a downgrade (makes sense, since I am replacing some 151 files with 148 files).

The phone booted and no problems, one small one, the browser was gone, but I reset the service books (advanced options/ network register) and the browser came back.

Now I am sitting on 151 with 181 plattaform and so far Slacker seems to be running fine, no port or memory errors for in the hour or so that I have been listening.

Thanks again man, you are an asset to this forum and the BB community in general.

Lenin.
    Curious if by going to a previous radio if you lose the memory stabilization that the .151 upgrade gives you.
    07-19-09 03:37 PM
    I will keep you guys posted, so far memory is holding high and so is the battery... but I have been with this mixed only for about 1 hour.

Curious if by going to a previous radio if you lose the memory stabilization that the .151 upgrade gives you.
    07-19-09 03:41 PM
    I will keep you guys posted, so far memory is holding high and so is the battery... but I have been with this mixed only for about 1 hour.
    Yeah let me know. It seems folks have been saying the the radio controls the memory stability so let me know if that holds for you. So you went with the .148 radio?
    07-19-09 03:52 PM
    UNCLEMAN,

Lenin.
    Lenin, it really is my pleasure. others (lyricidal, mattyg, matt-bna, firestorm, etc) have been a tremendous help to me and i'm mostly just passing on stuff i've learned from them. the credit mostly goes to those guys, and lyricidal most of all.

i HAVE lost memory stabilization unfortunately. can't swear it's because of the radio swap but that's the only major thing i've changed that other hybrid users who report awesome memory haven't changed.

but for me it's worth it b/c i use slacker and pandora fairly often plus i was getting mem errors uploading pix to ubertwitter. it's all a trade-off. hopefully 164 won't be too far off (yeah right).....
    07-19-09 03:56 PM
    i updated to OOAKDPC'S v7 with .132 radio i'll tell u how my memory holds up
    07-19-09 05:31 PM
    Just swap radio using lyricidal's shrink os and i put .132 and so far im losing memory but everything works great plus i have bbm 5.0! My storm is getting better!
    07-19-09 05:59 PM
    If i swap the radio... I lost the memory stability ??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 06:14 PM
    [QUOTE=uncleman;3065901]I'm using lyricidal's 6v3 hybrid and I like it so far. Not sure how much better than straight 151 it is b/c I never had straight 151. lol

If I were you, I'd sick with 151 or move to a 151 hybrid, but make sure to swap out your radio for another version (not 148 though, b/c that is supposed to suck).

This probably isnt the thread to post this question on. But im a newbie to Crackberry and a newbie to Blackberry so i'll ask anyway. Why do i hear people saying they use one version OS and then a different radio? What exactly is the radio and how do you know what one your using and how to switch it? Sorry if i've offended the " purists " that know where to post.
    07-19-09 06:31 PM
    its been about a few hours. i think memory is going great for me.. it spikes up and down but it goes back to over 54 mb. 8 apps installed.. i'm going to give it more time and see if it goes down.
    07-19-09 06:34 PM
    I had a reset when I deleted something this morning at 8:33 and I was at 45.5. After 12 hrs. I am at 35 so it is going down. I am going to try and not reset it for a while and see how it goes. I am not really worried about it though unless the memory gets too low and stuff starts messing up. I am just happy all my apps are working properly now. I can't see how it would be better to have stable memory and have to reset every few hours while using Pandora or Slacker than to have memory decreasing and have to reset once every day or two.
    07-19-09 08:50 PM
    i dunno :P i installed 2 more apps and dropped 3 mb >.< i'm ok with this radio for now :P i'll see what happens tomorrow with the over 50mb memory i have now
    07-19-09 09:13 PM
    i dunno :P i installed 2 more apps and dropped 3 mb >.< i'm ok with this radio for now :P i'll see what happens tomorrow with the over 50mb memory i have now
    more memory updates! how's your hybrid working for you?
    07-20-09 08:50 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD