So I've been on 148 since it was released for Verizon. It has been good for me but after hours of reading up on 151 I think its time for an upgrade.

My question is.. Does the radio on 151 cause Pandora and other streaming apps to act up? I've read on here that users are having issues with streaming. If so how bad is it?

This question is for 151 users. Please just people using the one from mexico .

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 01:50 AM
    Yes. It has major issues with Pandora, Orb, MMS, Slacker, Google video, etc. It's a known bug that will be fixed in the next release.. According to RIM. You will get "out of memory" errors all the time and most of the time MMS will fail. I had .151 and went right back to .148 just like a lot of people have done here.

Though there are lots of people having success with hybrid OS's.
    08-13-09 03:08 AM
    I know I'm currently trying to keep up with all the hybrids that are being released. I'm weighing my options out.

I don't want to sacrifice mms or pandora or even youtube

08-13-09 03:17 AM
    I have been running Lyricidal's Hybrid 6v7 (Sig) and Pandora has been working fine on my end.
    08-13-09 03:44 AM
    I have been running Lyricidal's Hybrid 6v7 (Sig) and Pandora has been working fine on my end.
    I've been reading up on all hybrids. I just need a bit more time and ill be ready to install.

Is installing a hybrid the same as a regular OS?

08-13-09 03:46 AM
    For some reason, sometimes Pandora doesn't want to start for me. After a reset/battery pull it works fine. MMS also works fine for me as well. I'm on Lyricidal's latest hybrid.
    08-13-09 08:29 AM
    Have you let it run for an extended length of time? Mine locks up after around 1 hour?

08-13-09 08:37 AM
    The 151 radio does not play nice with streaming stuff....slacker, pandora, etc. The only solution, while still keeping 151, is to keep all of 151 except swap out the radio file to something earlier. I always liked 132, but you could use 141 or 148 or whatever.

Personally, I upgraded to 5.0.0.140 and love it. No streaming problems, much much faster OS. There are a few hiccups but nothing I care too much about (no facebook, myspace or BB app world).
    08-13-09 11:40 AM
    Aval89: Installing hybrids depends on the developer. Lyricidal gives clear and precise instructions on how to go about uploading his hybrid onto your phone. If you follow through correctly, you should have no problem.

rlervin: Hmm really? I'll do a test run and find out for myself. I'll repost with my results.
    08-14-09 03:59 AM
    I cant imagine losing my streaming/mms theres no way I could live. lol..

What kind of "hiccups" are being incurred with 5.0? I wouldnt care about myspace/facebook/app world.. id actually be happy to get rid of them! (or does it still push it back?)
    08-14-09 10:19 AM
    I cant imagine losing my streaming/mms theres no way I could live. lol..

What kind of "hiccups" are being incurred with 5.0? I wouldnt care about myspace/facebook/app world.. id actually be happy to get rid of them! (or does it still push it back?)
    other than not being able to use those apps, there aren't many hiccups. there are other apps that don't work well as i understand, but i don't use them so i haven't memorized which ones. there's a thread somewhere with compatability issues with 5.0.

if you have your phone set to vibrate or ring/vibrate, sometimes it won't stop vibrating even after you answer the call. you have to either reboot or turn the BB off and then back on (which doesn't always work). also, i get maybe 2-3 random reboots per week (this after 3+ weeks on 5.0).

i'll never go back to pre-5.0 but it's all personal preference and how your particular unit reacts to 5.0. And I've been on most of the OS's and hybrids out there, other than Lyricidal's latest 6v7 since it came out after i got 5.0.

as for the pushing of icons....that still happens, but it's only the icon and not the app itself. i just bury the icon in a folder and hide it and never think about it again.
    08-14-09 01:40 PM
    I'm on Lyricidals 6v6 .151/.167/5.0 hybrid and i've been going without any hiccups for the most part!
    08-14-09 03:33 PM
    I'm on Lyricidals 6v6 .151/.167/5.0 hybrid and i've been going without any hiccups for the most part!
    No question, Lyricidal's hybrids are awesome. Unfortunately, I need my Slacker and Pandora to work and they don't work properly with 151 unless I swap out an older radio. It's a known issue with 151 that RIM is fixing for the 164 release. That's the only reason I even entertained the thought of trying out the 5.0. Glad I did. Waiting for Lyricidal to hybridize 5.0!!
    08-14-09 04:41 PM
    Well - I have Pandora, Slacker, Nobex, and Flycast - runing .151. Had problems with them ALL. Deleted them, and reinstalled, and they are working - not sure for how long.
    08-14-09 05:57 PM
    I just went back to .148 because of this....VZW is sending me a replacement Storm because of the .148 mute bug and memory card indexing issues I have on my device.

Can anyone tell me if I am crazy....didn't the volume controls used to work for Pandora even when it was running in the background?
    Seems not to anymore...is this a change with the new Pandora update?

08-14-09 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD