Just upgraded to the official .148 and right away saw the default verizon background and knew something went wrong.

I still have all my apps, but when I finished the update it said something about app data not able to be transferred and you can restore it using the backup/restore utility. Looked on the phone and all my texts (By the way, I've saved every text for about 2 years) all my contacts, emails, everything was wiped clean.

These are pretty damn important to me, and I feel like the error message I got said that they were possible to recover. Did I need to backup before updating? Am I royally screwed? Please help, this is quite the bummer
    06-08-09 11:27 AM
    similar thing happened to me and i lost everything during the update but it was because my laptop died mid process. there has to be a way to fix it information doesn't just vanish.
    06-08-09 11:31 AM
    Open desktop manager, click on backup restore then choose restore and you should find the file in the "my documens" folder. It will be named with BackupLoader(2009.xx.xx).ipd
    06-08-09 11:35 AM
    Open desktop manager, click on backup restore then choose restore and you should find the file in the "my documens" folder. It will be named with BackupLoader(2009.xx.xx).ipd
    Perfect!! Thank you so much! I searched my PC for any .ipd files and it didn't find any but this fixed it right away.

Thanks again.
    06-08-09 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD