edit: The coupon-based giveaway is now over, thank you for the reviews
    Last edited by LSphone; 12-10-09 at 08:44 AM.
    12-02-09 05:42 PM
    I got you.... Good lookin out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 05:53 PM
    Nice...... Thanks

12-02-09 05:59 PM
    Interesting but while Mobihand says 19 apps are available, it does not show them all! EarthSaver is missing as are some other items.

But thanks.........
    12-02-09 06:27 PM
    I see all 19 in my browser. Anyone else have this problem?
    12-02-09 06:38 PM
    Need to point something out -- I see people downloading Jam together with some of the individual apps that make up Jam. Just need to explain what Jam is. It's a 'stable release' bundle of BestFLASH, RollerFLASH, MemoryFLASH, VideoFlashlight, Meters, and BerryVibe (which itself is a bundle of Backlight Timeout Warning and Feel Connect-Disconnect). That means that updates are made to the individual apps first, and are only pushed into Jam once they're proven to generate few if any support requests.

Currently, I think all of these are in sync -- the Jam versions are the same as the individual apps. But for the future, you should get all the apps individually if you want to live on the cutting edge, or else Jam if you want to be more certain of having no problems and don't mind being behind at times.

You can get Jam plus a couple of the apps individually to have the latest versions of just those, but should know what you're doing -- you'll have apps installed with some overlap. For example, if you install a BestFLASH update and later re-download Jam, it will say, "You already have a module BestFLASH that is newer than the one you're trying to install." Then you have to understand what's going on and make the right decision.
    12-02-09 06:56 PM
    One more thing, BerryVibe is a bundle of "Backlight Timeout Warning Vibe", "Feel Connect-Disconnect", and "Feel Call-Waiting", so there's no reason to download BerryVibe plus one or other of its components separately. BerryVibe is also part of Jam.

I realize this is sometimes confusing, but I did this because Crackberry does not show bundles in the web store, and bundles only involve 2 apps. So in order to offer bundles I had to do it like this. Same problem over on App World.
    Last edited by LSphone; 12-10-09 at 08:45 AM.
    12-02-09 07:02 PM
    I go to Smartphone Apps and Smartphone Accessories - MobiHand Store and I used "lsphone" as a search. It says there are 19 app but only seems to show 10 and there is not ability to see a second screen of apps - just tried it in IE as I normally use firefox.

Must be me!!!!

PS: Sorry, there is a tiny "see all items" at the top
    12-02-09 07:11 PM
    How do I go about getting the Meters app as part of the giveaway? Do I have to do it on the phone or can I add to cart on the computer? What exactly is the desktop installer?
    12-02-09 07:13 PM
    I've said this before & I will say it again: you have to be one of the nicest developers on the forum.
    Thank you for sharing & your generosity
    12-02-09 07:16 PM
    I go to Smartphone Apps and Smartphone Accessories - MobiHand Store and I used "lsphone" as a search. It says there are 19 app but only seems to show 10 and there is not ability to see a second screen of apps - just tried it in IE as I normally use firefox.

Must be me!!!!
    Clicking "Show all results" next to "BlackBerry software" shows everything for that platform. Or, click on the BlackBerry platform (at the left) before doing the search and everything will show up as soon as you search.
    Last edited by LSphone; 12-10-09 at 08:45 AM.
    12-02-09 07:17 PM
    I've said this before & I will say it again: you have to be one of the nicest developers on the forum.
    Well said Thanks again

12-02-09 07:21 PM
    How do I go about getting the Meters app as part of the giveaway? Do I have to do it on the phone or can I add to cart on the computer? What exactly is the desktop installer?
    Coupons don't seem to work in the Crackberry web store. If you don't have the on-phone version of the CB store, get it by entering an email address you can view from your phone in the "Crackberry Mobile app Store" box at the upper left side of the CB web store main page. Open the email, select the link to install. Then open the mobile CB store and search on "LSphone" or, in your case, "Meters". When you purchase you should be able to enter the coupon code.

The desktop installer is the BlackBerry Desktop Manager program that comes with the phone. It has an App Loader that installs an app from an .alx file and .cod file(s). I package my apps in zip files you can download and save for future reinstallations; to use them, unzip (unpack) the file to get the alx and cod files, and open the alx from the App Loader.

Once you've purchased the app from the mobile store, you can install it over the air to the phone, but later also go to your account page on the computer and download the zip file to save for the future. Then you will always be able to reinstall, unless you need the version for a different operating system. In that case, contact the store to switch to the correct version for your current phone.
    12-02-09 07:27 PM
    Well said Thanks again

Thank you...
    Last edited by LSphone; 12-03-09 at 01:04 PM.
    12-02-09 07:35 PM
    People just like to give bad reviews or are lazy.... I fall in lazy...... But I will try out some apps and give some feedback

12-02-09 08:13 PM
    Thanks LSphone! Got Meters and am really pleased with this little app! I've submitted a review, but because it didn't show up I made the mistake of submitting a 2nd one. Both are pretty much the same so hopefully the duplicate is removed.
    12-02-09 08:48 PM
    wow thanks for all that, i picked up the jam pack. can't wait to try them out, i already had memoryflash but thats ok i like it lol.
    12-02-09 08:48 PM
    Thanks LSphone! Got Meters and am really pleased with this little app! I've submitted a review, but because it didn't show up I made the mistake of submitting a 2nd one. Both are pretty much the same so hopefully the duplicate is removed.
    It takes some time, I think they read through all of them and the new ones come out on Mondays.
    Last edited by LSphone; 12-02-09 at 09:05 PM.
    12-02-09 09:03 PM
    (deleted, no longer applies)
    12-02-09 10:08 PM
    (coupon expired)
    12-03-09 04:56 PM
    (deleted, no longer applies)
    Last edited by LSphone; 12-10-09 at 08:43 AM.
    12-03-09 09:16 PM
    Wow, thank you very much. That meter program is flat out awesome!

Merry Christmas! ( Yeah I know thats not PC, but I'm old school lol)

Greg
    12-03-09 09:48 PM
    Thx, but too bad I missed it
    12-04-09 12:55 AM
    Thx, but too bad I missed it
    There are two being given away free without needing a coupon (for the near future at least), so you don't have to completely miss out:

Free LogCut - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Free Video Flashlight - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Last edited by LSphone; 12-10-09 at 08:43 AM.
    12-10-09 05:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD