So last night I updated my OS using the BBSAK v1.7 or whatever, absolute success...SO here's what I think..

I LOVE:
    -the threaded SMS
    -ability to download 5.0 themes (lol)
    -all the extra new stuff

I HATE:
    -the lock button DOESN'T work NOR is there a lock option anywhere on my phone
    -MyFaves..GONE
    -the call screen STAYS THE ORIGINAL BLUE, when I download a theme and not the call screen that comes with theme appears
    -OH & NOT TO MENTION.. it keeps saying "cannot find 8120 device" or w/e when I hook up my bb to my DM...

can anyone help with the HATES I have for the 5.0 OS? lol thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 08:14 PM
    So last night I updated my OS using the BBSAK v1.7 or whatever, absolute success...SO here's what I think..

I LOVE:
    -the threaded SMS
    -ability to download 5.0 themes (lol)
    -all the extra new stuff

I HATE:
    -the lock button DOESN'T work NOR is there a lock option anywhere on my phone
    -MyFaves..GONE
    -the call screen STAYS THE ORIGINAL BLUE, when I download a theme and not the call screen that comes with theme appears
    -OH & NOT TO MENTION.. it keeps saying "cannot find 8120 device" or w/e when I hook up my bb to my DM...

can anyone help with the HATES I have for the 5.0 OS? lol thanks!

I can sort of help with some.

To get the lock button to work you need to assign a password. If you don't just use standby by holding the mute key...it saves a lot of battery.

I believe MyFaves you could manage online at mytmobile.

I noticed the problem with the themes and the blue call screen. The only way I found to fix that is to only download 5.0 themes that were made for the 8900, which means no using 9700 or Tour 5.0 themes.

Hope that helps you with some of your hates.
    03-09-10 08:58 PM
    GREAT! Thanks! So how do i assign a password?? And I'm going to try to theme thing lol

03-09-10 09:04 PM
    Your welcome! to assign a password go to options>password , there you will be able to enable and create a password.
    03-09-10 09:07 PM
    Your faves app is gone, but it still works.
    You can edit your contacts at myt-mobile.com.

03-10-10 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD