9630 VZW

Latest OTA Wireless Download 5.0.0.591 has eliminated ability to choose KEYBOARD LOCK as a choice for either the Left or Right Side Convenience Key (at least on the Tour).

I am really miffed as I do NOT use a carrier for my handset, I do keep it in pristine shape and the only way I have ever locked a BlackBerry for the last 6 years has been WITH the Convenience Key.

Any help offered would result in unsolicited rants of what a wonderful world this place is with you in it.

04-24-10 02:06 AM
    The only way to be able to assign a convenience key to lock the keyboard in .591 is to set a password, reboot, then it will appear as an option in Convenience Keys.

Or, you could just use the Lock button on the top left above your screen to both lock and unlock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 02:36 AM
    The only way to be able to assign a convenience key to lock the keyboard in .591 is to set a password, reboot, then it will appear as an option in Convenience Keys.

Or, you could just use the Lock button on the top left above your screen to both lock and unlock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Travelingfool is absolutely correct. Plus you (supposedly) get better battery life using standby (with the mute button) over the old keyboard lock.
    04-24-10 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD