I just installed OS 5.0 on my Curve and am completely loving it, with the exception of the lock button.

On my old OS when I locked the keypad it would show my Owner information in case I ever lost my phone and I have my home phone # and user info etc. on it, but now it just goes straight to black and the information never shows up.

Is there some setting I'm skipping over by accident to change this, or is this just something I need to learn to live with?

Cheers!
    04-11-10 01:48 AM
    Well that just so happens to be a standbye button not a lock button. You'll have to set a convenience key to be your keyboard lock to get that information

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 03:05 AM
    But its always been a lock button on my 8900 and a standby button on the other side of the top, though the standby button doesn't work anymore on this release

Also, when I click the left-top button, it says "keypad is locked, press unlock button etc"

04-11-10 03:23 AM
    I think they have put lock and standby on same button now on left side
    04-11-10 03:39 AM
    That's how it will be from now on, according to RIM. So get used to it. I think it's a nice change.
    You need to have a password enabled in order for keyboard lock to be set on a convenience key. Or you can just press "K" on the homescreen, with homescreen dialing disabled, of course. After you password lock it, you can keyboard lock it with the lock key.

And yes, lock and standby have been merged into one.

04-11-10 04:11 AM
    What filipinoy wrote is basically right. I posted a big explanation in the 9700 Forum that I'm posting here too,so go look for it!

04-12-10 04:53 AM
    I also liked the older OS that came with the phone, especially the lock feature that showed owner info. The new OS performs better though, better battery life and smoother operation. I think once i get used to the lock and standby being the same button I'll begin loving the upgrade.
    04-14-10 03:07 PM
    I'd like to add though that all my ringer/notification volumes have dropped after upgrade which is kind of annoying. Menu has changed a bit, might take some time to get the hand of it.
    04-14-10 03:10 PM
    That's how it will be from now on, according to RIM. So get used to it. I think it's a nice change.
    You need to have a password enabled in order for keyboard lock to be set on a convenience key. Or you can just press "K" on the homescreen, with homescreen dialing disabled, of course. After you password lock it, you can keyboard lock it with the lock key.

And yes, lock and standby have been merged into one.

I don't think pressing "K" on the homescreen, with homescreen dialing disabled, will password lock with the OS 5.0. It does not do it in mine. Pressing "K" on the homescreen did password lock before with the earlier version of the OS.
    04-14-10 04:34 PM
    Works for me

04-14-10 04:50 PM
    I cant even get 509 to install on my bb.
    04-14-10 08:41 PM
    Works for me

I assume you have the OS 5. How is the 'Password Lock" is assigned to the speed dial to "K". Was it assigned by the sytem initially? Have you made the assignment yourself? If you did it, how did you do the assignment to "K"?

Thanks.
    04-14-10 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD