We all know the 5.0.0.411 OS has been released with the following carriers:

1. Optus Mobile Pty Limited
    2. Vodafone DE
    3. Vodafone Spain

Are there any other carriers that have released this OS?

Its weird that these carriers above have released the OS 5... but others have not... Is this how slow other carriers are?

I find it amazing that more carriers havnt adopted the OS 5...
    01-17-10 06:39 PM
    I know T-Mobile wont.
    01-17-10 06:46 PM
    most of the time they have to run it through there testing phase first to make sure it would work on there network without any issues, hince the reason why verizon hasnt released a new OS for my storm.
    01-17-10 07:10 PM
    it's going to take a decade for US Cellular to release any OS updates.
    As their employees actually tell people not to update as it causes more problems.
    Quote:
    "I only suggest you update your phone's os if your having problems. I find that problems usually arise from updating only to update"
    01-17-10 07:51 PM
    it's going to take a decade for US Cellular to release any OS updates.
    As their employees actually tell people not to update as it causes more problems.
    Quote:
    "I only suggest you update your phone's os if your having problems. I find that problems usually arise from updating only to update"
    That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. But then again, considering the source, it's not surprising. An update will solve problems if you have them, but cause problems if you don't. Seriously, some people just don't belong where they are.
    01-18-10 02:19 PM
    From what i've heard Bell in Canada has released 5.0 for the Storm 9530 and for the Bold and Bold 9700
    01-18-10 02:57 PM
    From what i've heard Bell in Canada has released 5.0 for the Storm 9530 and for the Bold and Bold 9700
    and the 9000 which was a big deal
    01-18-10 04:08 PM
    That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. But then again, considering the source, it's not surprising. An update will solve problems if you have them, but cause problems if you don't. Seriously, some people just don't belong where they are.
    You obviously don't belong in the software industry.
    A massive update (like 4.6 -> 5.0) will introduce new bugs with 100% certainty. The statement of "update only if you are experiencing problems" is standard for software. That statement could be modified to "update only if you are experiencing problems or if you are willing to take the risk to utilize new functions and optimizations in the update".
    01-18-10 04:13 PM
    I know T-Mobile wont.
    That's really disappointing, but i figured not to rely on TMO, which is why I always just get the leaks whenever they're posted here on CB.
    01-19-10 01:08 AM
    We all know the 5.0.0.411 OS has been released with the following carriers:

1. Optus Mobile Pty Limited
    2. Vodafone DE
    3. Vodafone Spain

Are there any other carriers that have released this OS?

Its weird that these carriers above have released the OS 5... but others have not... Is this how slow other carriers are?

I find it amazing that more carriers havnt adopted the OS 5...
    Will these versions work on Voda UK ?

~Joe
    01-19-10 10:15 AM
    Will these versions work on Voda UK ?

~Joe
    Hi mate any version will work with Vodafone UK, just delete Vendor.xml
    01-22-10 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD